uTorrent Y U SO SLOW?

megadarkwood

0ed98a5565a3d3b57b603ae08bd837ed.png

Well look what happened! better than what i was getting before!

See, because your upload speed increased. Next time right click on the torrent and on their properties make upload slots and seeds slot at least 500. And change the upload and download limit to unlimited

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

If someone is using uTorrent, does that instantly mean that they are illegally downloading something?

Usually yeah...

BUY THINGS DONT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THEM  :angry: 

BitTorrent is a PROTOCOL

Many game and software companies use it to distribute and patch their products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

You've likely used it several times without actually knowing it because the game, App or client used to Download/Patch them

are using it.

Amazon uses it.

Blizzard uses it.

EA uses it

Valve Uses it.

Apple uses it.

IBM uses it

Intel uses it.

Twitter uses it.

Facebook uses it.

There are literally thousands of companies and small businesses that use it.

Here's some more.    D-Link,  Netgear, Buffalo, Marvell, Virgin Media, Opera,

The above names mean it's being used for HARDWARE updates also.

Set Protocol Encryption to forced to get better speeds and to avoid ISP throttling?

does that actually work?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Set Protocol Encryption to forced to get better speeds and to avoid ISP throttling?

oh and my internet is not throttled it is bottlenecked by the cables running to my house

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Usually yeah...

Uh no

You might want to a little research on the number of businesses using it to distribute their wares and patches

and then look at the number of customers they have vs the estimated numbers of "Pirates"

also follow the forum rules? torrenting isn't technically illegal. it depends on what you're torrenting.

does that actually work?

It makes the ISP harder to detect so you could not be throttled as much but you may get slower speeds as not all peers may use protocol encryption because if you set it forced it will only accept encrypted connections.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

also follow the forum rules? torrenting isn't technically illegal. it depends on what you're torrenting.

And on where you live.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

And on where you live.

There's nowhere where downloading torrents is illegal. Content is key.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

There's nowhere where downloading torrents is illegal. Content is key.

I meant that while some content is illegal to download in one country, it's legal in another country.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

And in the Netherlands downloading movies/ TV series/ music would also be legal..

But we cant all live in a awesome county I guess :p

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

pfff hippie 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Not all torrents are illegal downloads.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Why was this topic grave digged?

Your download speed is kind of irrelevant when it comes to torrenting. What matters is the amount of seeders and leechers.

More seeders and fewer leechers = faster download rate, although I don't believe it can exceed whatever your current download speed is. 

To get that torrent of yours downloading faster, add more trackers to it. To get more trackers, find the torrent on another website and add the trackers from that torrent to your's. 

COMIC SANS

lol u can tell hes trying to hide something eh? lol

*cough cough* What do you mean, who on would do such a thing?

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

It won't take long if you actually bought it.

To be fair, shipping times can be longer. Way longer. :P

But maybe he is downloading something old and not for sale anymore?

my ISP doesn't throttle at all

almost all my downloads exceed 70% of my full download speed

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Uh no

You might want to a little research on the number of businesses using it to distribute their wares and patches

and then look at the number of customers they have vs the estimated numbers of "Pirates"

This is not about BitTorrent as a protocol but about µTorrent. Most of the businesses you refer to all have their own implementations and do NOT use or even allow you to use µTorrent to download their content.

See, because your upload speed increased. Next time right click on the torrent and on their properties make upload slots and seeds slot at least 500. And change the upload and download limit to unlimited

thats false but uploading is good if youre downloading something, but download speeds will be higher if upload speeds are lower

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883