uTorrent Y U SO SLOW?

megadarkwood

This is not about BitTorrent as a protocol but about µTorrent. Most of the businesses you refer to all have their own implementations and do NOT use or even allow you to use µTorrent to download their content.

uTorrent is a tool. If someone downloads content with it illegally, that's their responsibility - they are only using a legitimate program for illegitimate means.

Many developers allow their consumers to download their programs, or updates for said programs, through the likes of uTorrent. Allowing the users to download such things through a P2P program means they don't have to spend money on a dedicated server for hosting the data which would cost them a fortune if they have sufficient demand for it.

Some people use kitchen knifes to murder others. That doesn't mean people who use a kitchen knife to cut their steak are murderers. Unless you're a hardcore vegetarian. In that case, phooey to you for ruining my analogy. :(

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

uTorrent is a tool. If someone downloads content with it illegally, that's their responsibility - they are only using a legitimate program for illegitimate means.

Many developers allow their consumers to download their programs, or updates for said programs, through the likes of uTorrent. Allowing the users to download such things through a P2P program means they don't have to spend money on a dedicated server for hosting the data which would cost them a fortune if they have sufficient demand for it.

Some people use kitchen knifes to murder others. That doesn't mean people who use a kitchen knife to cut their steak are murderers. Unless you're a hardcore vegetarian. In that case, phooey to you for ruining my analogy. :(

Man, now I wish I was a hardcore vegetarian. :( In any case, if you don't see that µTorrent is mostly always used for piracy, I'm not sure how I can convince you. 

Man, now I wish I was a hardcore vegetarian. :( In any case, if you don't see that µTorrent is mostly always used for piracy, I'm not sure how I can convince you. 

uTorrent is recognisable for piracy because it's a tool preferred by pirates. But that doesn't automatically mean that everyone who uses it engages in copyright infringement, and it doesn't make the program itself bad.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

uTorrent is recognisable for piracy because it's a tool preferred by pirates. But that doesn't automatically mean that everyone who uses it engages in copyright infringement, and it doesn't make the program itself bad.

No, it does however mean that the vast majority of users are using it for piracy.

BUY THINGS DONT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THEM  :angry: 

Not all torrents contain illegally obtainable content. That's why torrenting is legal in Sweden. A torrent is just a file that links to a download, or in some cases multiple downloads.

I have 100mb/s download speed and still can't torrent things, even when there are hundreds of seeders and hardly any leechers.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Tixati ftw!  :P

Indeed. uTorrent has slowly been going downhill ever since it was bought by Bittorrent. Once uTorrent started displaying ads, I jumped ship to Tixati and it's served me beautifully so far.

whats your speep on speed test.net ? your internet sucks anyways and that 25mb is just marketing.

This is not about BitTorrent as a protocol but about µTorrent. Most of the businesses you refer to all have their own implementations and do NOT use or even allow you to use µTorrent to download their content.

Actually they do.

Many game, hardware and Application sites have torrent links.

uTorrent has NOTHING to do with piracy, it's popularity came about because it is small, uses little memory and up until version 3 didn't suffer from kitchen sink syndrome

ummm guys. I posted this topic a week ago and someone brought it back up, please stop posting.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

No, it does however mean that the vast majority of users are using it for piracy.

And before pirate Software, Movies andf TV shows reach Torrent sites it passes through FPT sites using the FTP protocol.

Before BitTorrent was invented pirates used FTP sites, many of which were on business and government servers that failed to implement passwords

all this stuff was buried deep in hidden folders.

ICQ was the communication tool of choice.

Before cars were invented people robbed banks on Horseback.

What's your point?

even asus has a p2p option to download drivers..

Have you set UTorrent to port forward?

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

GUYS. What if he's downloading Ubuntu Studio or Black Mesa Source!

Not all torrent traffic is illegal. 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

w56g.jpg

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

GUYS. What if he's downloading Ubuntu Studio or Black Mesa Source!

Not all torrent traffic is illegal. 

What is he actually downloading? Why he no show us?