Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I once knocked off a capacitor off my video card, but was able to resurrect it by (poorly) soldering it back on. I'm still use that graphics card. B)

1. I buy cheap car LED strips and mod them to be able to be powered by a 12V molex conncetor. So far I have bought 4 LED strips for half of the price of one Bitfenix Alchemy. 

2. I use a Razer Armadillo II. Best 20 bucks I have spent.

3. I once dropped my i7 3930K, I had to buy a new CPU.  :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1. used an AMD K5 build until few years back and actually enjoyed it. Special are the moments when you actually see the lines being drawn on the screen and you wait to actually have control over the keys  :D

2. hacked bash_history entries for educational purposes .. Back then our security department used this to pin point which malicious command was done and from which user. After this they understood the logic of redirecting stdin to an snmptrap and why it's crucial to monitor this way ... I know, I do regret now giving them this "hint"  :rolleyes: )

3. the day BlackIce Security was released by IBM, I started using it at my dads workplace .. That day was horrifying .. The things that people do search for on the internet .. People should invest more in keeping their corporate network safe.. (PS: too bad IBM decided to pull the plug on it .. it was just so easy to scan for security threats over the network .. no ip tables rules, no linking to TCP stacks , etc .., but hey it's not like they did not make any bad decisions untl now).

Some people confess of having Very old computers. I would do so too but some of them are so old that I would feel a little embarrassed. I have a 7 year old everything except for the mouse and keyboard. It's not that bad, at least it's usable and you can even play Skyrim on it but anyway here comes my confession :(

About a year ago I wanted to upgrade my old pc a little bit. My motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo. After doing some research I decided to get a used Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 as it seemed like the best option. Got it from a local used pc part retailer for like $40 - $50. Put it in my pc and turned it on only to hear a strange clicking noise... Powered off my pc and tried again. PC turns on but the screen stays black. Took out the cpu and put in my old one (Intel Core 2 Duo E6300). Everything's fine. I also noticed that the E8500's bottom had a slightly darker texture than it used to when I got it. "Did I just fry it somehow?" I thought. Did a little bit more googling. Like I mentioned my motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo but it turned out that the one I was looking at, when deciding to get the cpu, was an MSI P965 Neo-F V2  :mellow: 

Since I wanted to put in a new graphics card while upgrading my pc I needed a new psu. A friend was kind enough to give a broken one for free, I just had to fix it up. I was extremely embarrassed for the cpu incident so I took that broken psu, got back to the local retailer and told them that "my psu got fried, my motherboard isn't usable anymore, I'm going to be building a new pc but I was wondering if you could fix this psu since I really liked it". "Oh and since I'm building a new pc, I won't be needing this cpu (E8500). However, it's texture has changed to a slightly darker golden color at the bottom. If it's still working I would be happy to sell it back to you since it's quite a nice cpu and I would Hate to see it go to waste." They checked the cpu and it was working perfectly fine (whew) thought I killed the bastard. They couldn't fix the psu so I bought a new one from them (a 450W tinderbox with a 1 year warranty whose manufacturer I can't even remember, I think they're bankrupt) and sold them back the cpu for $20...

This is the first time I'm ever telling anyone the whole incident of what really happened lol. Sorry for the long post.

1. I buy cheap car LED strips and mod them to be able to be powered by a 12V molex conncetor. So far I have bought 4 LED strips for half of the price of one Bitfenix Alchemy. 

That is actually a very good idea. Gotta try that.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I probably spend more time procrastinating about playing videogames than actually playing them. Once I get into them, I still have lots of fun, but that paradigm shift into "gaming mode" just brings out the procratinator in me.

I buy broken components, "fix them", use them until they break again, then rinse and repeat. :/
While performing one of these "fixes" on a 760, I accidentally melted the corner of my keyboard with the heat gun.
I have 4 monitors, none of them are the same size or resolution.
I use a membrane keyboard I payed £3 ($5) for in a charity shop.

I like Gigabytes new AIO 3-way 980 product :/

Sat on my side-panel by accident and bent it.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Got friends who pay more for a mac because they like the look better instead of putting the money where the job get done faster for the same money. a PC.

When i built my computer a few days back i kinds bent the pins on the usb 3 header by putting the connector the wrong way round...  <_<

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I bought a PSU from Best Buy.

Current Build:

AMD FX-6300 - ASUS M5A78L-M LX+ - Radeon HD 7770 - WD 500GB HDD - 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu

I run a $20 Microsoft Multimedia keyboard with a sticky 'W' key and a Logitech 3 button scroll wheel mouse. I have a hard time gaming on other keyboards because I have adjusted my play style to account for the sticky 'W' key over the past few years. I've been using the mouse for the past year or two, simply because I can't find a good high end mouse that I have settled into yet. I have bought maybe 8 different mice over the past few years and end up selling them all because I don't like them.

I still use analog cabels for my ps3... :((

It's okay, you're not gonna miss out on much over HDMI. ;)

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

Buy a GTX760 to play mainly LoL

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Every time I disassemble my laptop to fix something, I lose a single case screw. It's maddening.

When I lazily put my old laptop back together I didn't bother with all the screws, in fact I think the only places I put screws were the motherboard and the hard drive cover, it's now really... floppy.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

I have two killer graphics cards that I currently have in the boxes because my case can't deal with the heat they both produce.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I once knocked off a capacitor off my video card, but was able to resurrect it by (poorly) soldering it back on. I'm still use that graphics card. B)

What card is it?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Finished screwing in the mobo, then realized something was off. I forgot the standoffs -.-

For some reason my friend's motherboard and case didn't include standoffs... so we just screwed it to the tray.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

Ok-

1. Windowes 8 DA BEAST

2. I THINK AMD BETTER THEN INTEL

3. AMD suck's at gpu's

4.I luv celeron's

Ok-

1. Windowes 8 DA BEAST

2. I THINK AMD BETTER THEN INTEL

3. AMD suck's at gpu's

4.I luv celeron's

You're new here, you have time to improve on the first things.

Celeron masterrace.