Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I spent over 2K on my gaming pc, but I only game about 1 hr a month. What a waste.

Also, I seem to have installed my PS upside down.

20140216_151448_zpsrdqxtco4.jpg

Makin' and breakin' wafers.

I don't hate on the cod series. 

(Or on consoles and console gamers..)

That ain't a confession yo, that's just your opinion and shit. Either game is good in its own right (criticize gta 4 port all you like though), and stride to give a different experience. Just Cause is an action b-movie shoved into an actually good game with cool mechanics and says go blow shit up. GTA (4 at least, cant speak about the others for not having played them, except for san andreas which was year 6 and 7 of my life) on the other hand wants to introduce you to a more realistic world, it's theme being a bit more grim and philosophical about the events and choices that happen.

I still use dell inspiron 6000 laptop that dies instantly if removed from charger and i use 2$ mouse from acme i dont have a headset or half decent speakers i use some earphones from sony that came with my dads phone. Im the only one in the family that doesnt have a smartphone (even my mom has one even tho she HATES phones with touch screen). Soo i basically use tech from 10 years ago

I've never played call of duty, and i usually have to think about what the hell this COD thing is people talk about.  Also I'm using a 4 year old $15 wireless mouse and keyboard from walmart.. never  saw a reason to  upgrade..

I own all sony consoles

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

My mouse was overheating because of a shorting circuit somewhere, so I removed the top part of the case and for the past few days I've been using it like this to monitor the heat.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Almost everything I own with the exception of my main PC, the Mouse, and the Keyboard, are hand-me-down items.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I have a macbook air bought it 2 years ago because it had a glowing logo...I'm 14 now.I bought a a6 5400 k so I can crossfire it with my 6450 *facestockcpucoolerfrommya65400k*

4 years ago i bout an ipad 2 cause it was made by apple now i am 14 and i bought a lenovo y50 with an 860m

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

That ain't a confession yo, that's just your opinion and shit. Either game is good in its own right (criticize gta 4 port all you like though), and stride to give a different experience. Just Cause is an action b-movie shoved into an actually good game with cool mechanics and says go blow shit up. GTA (4 at least, cant speak about the others for not having played them, except for san andreas which was year 6 and 7 of my life) on the other hand wants to introduce you to a more realistic world, it's theme being a bit more grim and philosophical about the events and choices that happen.

Well in this community there seem to be some significant hate against cod, people have jumped on me for talking about cod in a thread about cod, yo.

The rest of your post made little sense to me, what was the key point..? 

yo

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I have a dell 630 laptop specifically for scanning from an old all in one printer (the printer bit is broken), just because I can't be bothered to find the drivers and get them working on windows 7. The laptop literally just sits on a shelf above the printer

Da Monster: Intel core i3 540, Radeon HD 6850, 250GB HHD, 19" Dell, 24" 1280x768 Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard :)

TV PC: AMD Athlon 64 5000+, radeon HD 5450, 500GB HDD, 19" Dell, 42" Sony TV, Dell OEM motherboard

Toshiba Encore 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet and Huawei Ascend G620S smartphone w/Snapdragon 410

Well in this community there seem to be some significant hate against cod, people have jumped on me for talking about cod in a thread about cod, yo.

The rest of your post made little sense to me, what was the key point..? 

yo

Yo, so I smoke a lot of janga, and sometimes I get really stoned and try to argue about things of little import on the internet. I think I was listening to the original gta 4 theme track, and wanted to write my thoughts on the game for some reason. At least it happened on page 86 of a mostly dead thread (I hope) so I feel a bit less silly. Actually wait, I might have also copy and pasted two seperate things I wrote to the wrong chatbox, so I might have just ended a fairly serious discussion on a very strange note about call of duty.

I always thought RAM controlled game FPS...

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

I always thought RAM controlled game FPS...

Remnants of the WoW era and before! Even today I have old friends from my WoW days, who remember seeing a massive increase in performance when they upgraded from 512mb to 1 or 2gb of RAM. Now they come asking for advice for a new gaming PC for Dota2 and such shit, and when I tell them 8gb is plenty and 16gb is overkill, they still find a way to insist that 32gb will be more "future proof". And then it's a battle to get them to settle for "only" 16gb which is already excessive. They really think that more ram is better. And that's my confession for today: by next gaming PC will have 16gb of ram even though it'll only need 8. Can't fight it.

I bought an "S" series Intel CPU because I wanted to save power and reduce heat, and bought a Z97 motherboard because I wanted overclocking features. I was completely unaware of the idiocy of my thinking process until I made the order.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Yo, so I smoke a lot of janga, and sometimes I get really stoned and try to argue about things of little import on the internet. I think I was listening to the original gta 4 theme track, and wanted to write my thoughts on the game for some reason. At least it happened on page 86 of a mostly dead thread (I hope) so I feel a bit less silly. Actually wait, I might have also copy and pasted two seperate things I wrote to the wrong chatbox, so I might have just ended a fairly serious discussion on a very strange note about call of duty.

No worries, happen to all and as repercussion go, posting on a thread is not the worst that could have happened. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I bought a GTX 770 4gb when the R9 290 was cheaper than it, and I also bought an i7 4770 (non K) instead of the 4770K.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

VGA CRT 4:3 monitor running in 1280:720 (with black bars - top and bottom) and a Genius Traveler 100 mouse so old/used that the Genius Logo on top of it started to come off (more then 60% of its silver paint area its now a white plastic) .. in my deffence i'm planing to upgrade both of those , but i left them at the end of my Upgrade cycle .

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

I used to TRY to play video games on the ULTIMATE POTATO!!! (aka a Compaq Presario CQ60 417DX; Windows vista 32-bit, Intel Celeron M 900 with integrated graphics, battery life 5 minutes [literally, no joke. That is in no way an exaggeration. you unplug it only to run to another room, frantically watching the battery bar VISIBLY MOVE DOWN at an alarming rate.])

laughed quite hard at this one

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

My X99 PC is only used for college and Battlefield 4... Oh - and I bought a $1800 MacBook last fall for classwork while on the college campus, but bought an iPad Air 2 shortly after and never use the MacBook anymore...

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Remnants of the WoW era and before! Even today I have old friends from my WoW days, who remember seeing a massive increase in performance when they upgraded from 512mb to 1 or 2gb of RAM. Now they come asking for advice for a new gaming PC for Dota2 and such shit, and when I tell them 8gb is plenty and 16gb is overkill, they still find a way to insist that 32gb will be more "future proof". And then it's a battle to get them to settle for "only" 16gb which is already excessive. They really think that more ram is better. And that's my confession for today: by next gaming PC will have 16gb of ram even though it'll only need 8. Can't fight it.

Lmao, so true!!! that 512MB to 2GB of RAM changed my life forever lmao.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

I rip on Chromium a LOT for being a memory-hog and opening a new process for every. single. frelling. tab. and. Flash/Java. instance.... Yet I still use CoolNovo (Chromium) for most of my web surfing (which includes a LOT of online videos such as YT & Blip) mainly for the ease of tab-surfing by scrolling with the scrollwheel whilst the mouse is sitting over the tab bar in a window.

At one point I saved all my open CN windows into Bookmarks, imported them to Waterfox (since Mozilla doesn't currently have a full-64-bit Firefox version for regular use on Windows) and found using Waterfox that my day-to-day websurfing over any typical week involved around 16GB of websites and 2-3GB (maybe peaking up to 4GB) of videos in Flash.

I have never been so glad to have 32GB of RAM installed in my main rig (Beast) until I saw those numbers. O.o

I used to use Beats, then I tried Bose and my life changed for the better

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey