Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I jam all the extra PSu wires into an empty HDD rack (wire-management too much)

I play CoD:AW multiplayer on PC with an xbox controller (Razer Sabertooth) [Learned to use it, and just as good as WASD since the 4 bindings on the back, also controller is fun]

4k is a ripoff gimmick to buy more expensive PC parts. Unless you have a movie theater sized monitor, you won't see a huge difference. The pixels are just snugged together. it's a conspiracy by game PC part companies. You can max out a game at 1080p fairly easily nowadays for a low price, so they need a reason for people to start building 5k rigs again.

I have two killer graphics cards that I currently have in the boxes because my case can't deal with the heat they both produce.

any way you could have them shipped to me? ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i like razer even if some of their prices are ridiculous

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

any way you could have them shipped to me? ;)

I wouldn't have thought so :P

Also I've got another GTX 660 on the way so I'm going to SLI that

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think Gigabyte are low quality and overpriced.

The gigabyte r9 series cards are good.. They are high quality.

I think Razer have good ideas but abysmal build quality. I wouldn't use one of their products but I'm interested to see what they'll be able to produce in the future.

I don't understand why people use mechanical keyboards when the drastically reduced action of a chicklet keyboard means it's inherently much more responsive; I think it's probably due to a kind of mass hysteria.

I never use mouse and keyboard (unless I have to) I only use P.C. compatible 360 controllers.

I always play on easy and if I have more than one quarter health I take it as a sign that I should put less effort into the game.

I avoid shooting in games whenever possible and I'll probably never play another pure FPS.

Sometimes the only reason I want to play a game is because it features boobs.

I believe the title "Heavy Rain" came from a poem I posted to the poetry thread on a Mafia: Lost Heaven forum; I understand the concept of fair use but sometimes I still feel depressed that I didn't get a thank you in the credits (especially since I was one of Cage's biggest advocates).

I'm in love with Madison Paige, she's like a composite of all the women I've ever loved and/or yearned for.

Having played The Evil Within I want to play all my games in widescreen letterbox format and actually adjusted the settings in Echo Night: Beyond so that I could. Now I want an Asus PB298Q 29" Ultra Wide HDMI (2560-1080).

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

During the winter here in Colorado, I run my SLI 780ti's and 3930k in continuous benchmarks to heat my room...

Plus the Noctua PPC-3000 Industrial fans circulate the air very nicely...

i played the second run of MGS5 - Ground Zeros on my PC enabling the 30fps cap. it was perfectly smooth, not once i thought about disabling it

maybe i'll play the phantom pain at 30fps

I am currently using an ipad inside a sleeve as a mousepad because i am too lazy to go and buy one for my new mouse. At least it is nicer to use than the wooden desk...

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

During the winter here in Colorado, I run my SLI 780ti's and 3930k in continuous benchmarks to heat my room...

Plus the Noctua PPC-3000 Industrial fans circulate the air very nicely...

I do the same with Folding@home. I recommend it, it helps people too. :0)

I need to build hardware to play games, but almost entirely the only reason I play games is so that I can build hardware; if I think about this too deeply my life looses all meaning.

I used to think Asus boards must be the worst quality on the market, purely because their website used to be shoddy, down half the time and impossible to navigate.

I have two killer graphics cards that I currently have in the boxes because my case can't deal with the heat they both produce.

I have world-class air-cooling but I spent so much on experimenting with and refining it that I can't afford anything that can benefit from it.

Future proofing a P.C. is a logical fallacy based on the misconception that spending more money on components will postpone you're next P.C. build.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I'm running a STRIX GTX 980 with stock clocked 2600k on a P67 motherboard through a Samsung SyncMaster T220 1680x1050 display.

A lot of the stuff is often a foot in the middle of stuff.

Asus Sabertooth P67 - Intel Core I7 2600k - Samsung 840 PRO SSD - ASUS STRIX GTX 980

Despite blowing all this cash on my computer and keyboard I game on ancient screens and a $2 mouse. I just can't get myself to care about those pieces of tech for some reason.

May your framertes be high and your remperatures low.

I still think playing COD is more fun on my ps3 than on my desktop :v

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

i've been using the same windows vista base OS on my office pc, despite upgrading the system so many times
just cloned over the os from hdd to ssd 1 to ssd 2

too much time to figure out and configure all the work files and folders 

I am using a $10 mouse and keyboard... :(

Nothing wrong with that. I've been using a $10 Ecobra blue junior for the past two years and I just love the thing.

I must confess that I dislike Intel.

"So I can just put anything here and they'll print it?"

But..But...WHY?

Growing up, I had very, very slow and crappy computers. All those computers had the "Intel inside" badge, so I now associate intel with slow, terrible computers. I know that Intel is better, but I just have an irrational fear of Intel due to my early childhood experiences.

"So I can just put anything here and they'll print it?"

I have a $90 membrane keyboard instead of a mechanical keyboard.

Me too.. Corsair K50.. I love it :o

Oh god where do I start ;-;

I'm running an APU, have never used the integrated graphics, and instead use a 280X

I use a $10 wireless Microsoft keyboard (it's amazing for content creation ok?!)

I'm too cheap to buy a proper headset, so I setup my studio microphone and a 14 channel mixer on my desk

I took off one of the heat spreaders on my Corsair Vengeance RAM to fit a Hyper T4

I put a wireless card in my desktop instead of digging out a longer ethernet cable (NEVER AGAIN)

I regularly get in fights with Bestbuy employees (maybe a good thing, lol)

I put a shitty computer in a nice case

I have 400+ hours in GTA 4 and only 116 in San Andreas

I sometimes don't game for weeks at a time

*cries in corner*

I can't really get into any new games. I play it for 15 minutes, then just go do boring irl stuff. I think WoW is fun, and consoles are "ok".