GTX 950 launches on the 17th of August + official specs

Bloodyvalley

We have been expecting the GeForce GTX 950 for some time and it seems like August will mark the month when NVIDIA launches their budget tier graphics cards. The information comes straight from HWBattle who have leaked the specifications and launch date for NVIDIA’s upcoming and budget tier GeForce 900 series graphics card that will be issued a sub-$150 US pricing.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950-Ti-635x397.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 Specifications and Launch Date Leaked

Currently, the NVIDIA GeForce 900 series comprises of the GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 980 Ti and GeForce GTX Titan X. These graphics cards start from a $199 US pricing up to a $999 US pricing on the 12 GB flagship Titan X. It has been more than a year since NVIDIA last touched the sub $150 US market, their latest graphics cards that were featured in this market were also the first Maxwell GPU based cards that include the GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GeForce GTX 750. Those cards were based on the GM107 core architecture that showcased the great power efficient architecture that Maxwell was meant to be part of the high-performance second generation Maxwell cores.

With second generation Maxwell, NVIDIA not only enhanced performance per core but also overall power consumption, clock speeds and integrated several new features with full support of DirectX 12 API. The GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750, although great cards, are now facing stiff competition by the Radeon R7 360 and R7 370 which retail at $109 and $149 US, respectively. With the GTX 960 at $199 US, NVIDIA does have the R9 380 under wraps but the entry level market has seen nothing new from the green team. The GeForce GTX 950 is about to change that when it launches on 17th August.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 is going to feature the GM206 GPU (GM206-250-A1) that features six SMM units that house 768 CUDA Cores, 48 texture mapping units and will retain the 32 ROPs. Based on the Maxwell GPU architecture that is a superb clocker, the GPU will come with clocks of 1150 to 1250 MHz base and 1350 up to 1450 MHz boost clock speeds. On the memory side, the card will feature 2 GB of GDDR5 VRAM that operates along a 128-bit bus, running at 6.6 to 6.75 GHz and a maximum bandwidth output of 107.68 GB/s. The card is going to feature a 90W TDP which will be 10W lower than AMD’s entry level card (R7 360) but overall, the GTX 950 will be the faster out of the two. Display ports on the card will include Dual-Link DVI-D/DVI-I, HDMI 2.0 and a Display Port 1.2 connector.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 will be one of the last graphics cards based on the Maxwell GPU architecture along with a possible Dual-Chip card that launches close to the Fury X2. After that, NVIDIA is going to make a full transition to HBM2 powered Pascal cards with over 1 TB/s bandwidth and up to 32 GB of VRAM which will make these cards ideal for next generation high-res and VR gaming.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950-Specifications-63

4fa3f2f1e6343aea132e235d6c249e04.png

Source

Cheap af

on't think I'd want to game with a 950.... at the very least...a 960 or AMD equivalent.

Probably not going to sell as well as the 750 Ti since the 750 Ti doesn't require PCI-E power connectors. Makes it more useful for people with crappy OEM PCs.

How is it powered?

PCI slot?

How is it powered?

PCI slot?

Pci slot can give about 75W of power so yeah

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Hmm i want to see benchmarks!

A friend is going to be building soon soo could be a contender, he has a low budget =p 

This will be great for small ITX systems that don't like extra heat. 

Hopefully it is actually better than the 750ti.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Woot my 650 ti Boost is looking even older now :D Only thing keeping it alive is the Boost name lol

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

If it's marginally cheaper then the 960  ( Here at least... ) but still has comparable performance,  than I would consider buying one ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

And here I'm still using my 660, it plays all my games so I really don't want to pay for a new card :P

If it's marginally cheaper then the 960  ( Here at least... ) but still has comparable performance,  than I would consider buying one ... 

Me too. Would be pretty perfect for a second computer for light gaming.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

And 1.5 GB of VRAM? \Jk

Just give me a good price/performance ratio, hopefully a 750ti killer

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Me too. Would be pretty perfect for a second computer for light gaming.

MOBAs , FPS , basically E-Sports games are the prime target for this card ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I hope somebody will make a low profile, single slot GTX 950 card. I was thinking of making a build out of SilverStone's CS01, and it would be a great choice of video card if somebody did make it....

I hope somebody will make a low profile, single slot GTX 950 card. I was thinking of making a build out of SilverStone's CS01, and it would be a great choice of video card if somebody did make it....

Not a chance at 90W.

Hate to break it to Nvidia but I can go to ebay rn and buy a few month old 280x for around $90 to $150 and it will smoke all the cards mentioned in this article :P

You are completely correct. but you are missing the point on what hopefully will be another card that can operate solely from PCI power.

It really is a luxury being able to upgrade an old junker, making it a 1080p gaming machine, as I'm doing this month. I wanted a higher power GPU like that for the same price, but needing a power supply defeats the point of it.

If the 950 is not low power enough for PCI only, then yes, it will probably just end up having an AMD GPU match it like with every other price point.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)
Loitering with: Galaxy S8+

You are completely correct. but you are missing the point on what hopefully will be another card that can operate solely from PCI power.

It really is a luxury being able to upgrade an old junker, making it a 1080p gaming machine, as I'm doing this month. I wanted a higher power GPU like that for the same price, but needing a power supply defeats the point of it.

If the 950 is not low power enough for PCI only, then yes, it will probably just end up having an AMD GPU match it like with every other price point.

Most of the time you can get a used 280X+ decent PSU for the price of a 750 Ti. 

Hate to break it to Nvidia but I can go to ebay rn and buy a few month old 280x for around $90 to $150 and it will smoke all the cards mentioned in this article :P

You know the titan x is on that list right? Also a 280x isn't beating a 970, 980, 980ti or titan x right? 

Most of the time you can get a used 280X+ decent PSU for the price of a 750 Ti. 

I really do not believe that and would love for you to show me. Really.

Gotta remember the main appeal behind the 750Ti is upgrading aged prebuilt systems not designed for gaming. That's why I'm not getting anything else.

Even though the idea is silly, I would Happily give my brothers PC a second power supply and a 280x. He'd have deal with the two power leads if the MB or CPU power connectors don't work in his motherboard.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)

I really do not believe that and would love for you to show me. Really.

Gotta remember the main appeal behind the 750Ti is upgrading aged prebuilt systems not designed for gaming. That's why I'm not getting anything else.

Even though the idea is silly, I would Happily give my brothers PC a second power supply and a 280x. He'd have deal with the two power leads if the MB or CPU power connectors don't work in his motherboard.

Then what's the point of F@H then...their a huge PPD maker for their watt.

Interesting, should be a better option than the 960 with virtually the same performance but (hopefully) a more reasonable pricetag.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You can probably buy cheap 980s from people who got Titan Xs of 980 Tis when they came out, what's your point?

Then what's the point of F@H then...their a huge PPD maker for their watt.

I'm sorry, I did not understand any of that. Perhaps the terminology is above my technical knowledge.

Do you have any leads on those 280x's and PSU's?

I don't give a flying potato what brand my GPU is. That would not benefit me or anyone who would care about that kind of thing. So I'm not asking as an attack on your claim, you would legitmately be helping me out legendarily! You clearly know your stuff with all this chip manufacturer jargon!