Firepole image legitimacy?

I don't mean to be skeptical but the proportions seem a bit off on the image Edzel tweeted out yesterday. Take a look at the original image posted:

post-218357-0-97142600-1437527246.jpg

As a few people on twitter (including linus' retweet) said there is a high likelihood it was shopped. So I went and reviewed it in a photo-editor. after not seeing nothing immediately wrong I though Linus may have actually gone for it. But when i looked at it a bit more I noticed something. The distance between the supposed firepole and the corner of the wall next to it seem to increase in distance apart as altitude increased. This demonstrated bellow:

SKNniym.jpg

Now I'm not an expert in photography, media or physics by any means but shouldn't the distance relative to the camera's POV become less as the altitude increases (therefore distance from the camera). Post your opinion and take the poll! Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

~ Luc Luc

Most likely isn't a firepole. I think he made it pretty clear they aren't getting one, and to be honest, it will be fun for the first few weeks, and then afterwards, it will just be boring, more like a hazard of falling down.

Also, the "pole" is right in front of a door. How realistic is it to put a freaking firepole in front of that?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

1. It's too far from the stairs no one in their right mind would jump that far to grab onto a pole.

2. It's in the middle of a door.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I do think a firepole would be amazing. BUT I do see the harm in it. Someone falls down and gets hurt its on Linus. but come on. Its LMG we are talking about, is someone really going to go to court for falling down against Linus? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

He already said it's a liability issue, I REALLY doubt he's going to get one.

I'm so tired of hearing shit about this crap as well..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I do think a firepole would be amazing. BUT I do see the harm in it. Someone falls down and gets hurt its on Linus. but come on. Its LMG we are talking about, is someone really going to go to court for falling down against Linus? 

It really has nothing to do with suing Linus, if someone gets hurt Linus is out a worker, and they are out a paycheck.  Imagine if it was Luke that got messed up and ended up in the hospital, Linus would have even more on his plate than he already does.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It really has nothing to do with suing Linus, if someone gets hurt Linus is out a worker, and they are out a paycheck.  Imagine if it was Luke that got messed up and ended up in the hospital, Linus would have even more on his plate than he already does.

Yes. I see what your saying. Just put a sign on the pole "All Injuries result in an unpaid leave and your work being sent home with you" 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Exactly, it's way to much of a risk. It's a bad idea, and I am glad Linus is being responsible about this and wont put one in.

That pole is obviously fake. Besides the fact it's in front of a door, the "shadow" for it is fake: look at where it lands, how it doesn't interact with the bucket, and it looks like the blur tool was used on it. It also looks thicker on the top and thinner on the bottom. Also, that pole is not thick enough anyway for a fire pole.

Yes. I see what your saying. Just put a sign on the pole "All Injuries result in an unpaid leave and your work being sent home with you" 

It doesn't work like that lol..  Linus most likely also has some sort of workman's comp insurance for his employees, you don't just brush stuff off like that.

pretty sure it was a planned image taken by linus to hype it up, Notice, dat angle, weird time to capture linus's photo on that specific angle & no reason & that pan width with linus a lil to the left clearly making you focus on the entry door path.. :/ sneaky..

Details separate people.

It's probably a long tube that is being installed for eg fire-prevention.

+ It seems to me like the tube is leaning forward. (Forward to us)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Looks photoshopped lol. Or Videoshopped? It bends at the top and it does not reflect realistically at all...

Recently Edzel posted this picture of Linus at the new place.

post-107070-0-71226000-1437585011.jpg

In the background, in front of the door, there seems to be what looks like a firepole. What is that all about? I thought Linus was super against the firepole and everything that the firepole represented. Is this photoshopped in to troll us, the viewers? speculations?

post-107070-0-71226000-1437585011.jpg

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

In all seriousness I'm sure it's legit.

Wait why is the pole so far from the stairs and who would place it in front of the doors?

Where else would they put it? Also I think it was there when they got the building.

If that is some sort of pole (personaly I don't think it is)it's a hell of a leap from the upstairs landing.

I don't think anyone in LMG is superserious about having a fire pole it seems to be something to josh about not seriously aim for.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

That's what I'm saying. the placement seems a little off and it would be kinda dangerous being right in front of the door. #fake

Dude look at the thickness of that pole. That thing does not look to be thick enough for a real one. It's most likely just a support bar for some construction.

Jesus people, just let the fucking fire pole die. It literally makes no sense, and would be an utter waste of their money. Unless you'd rather they take money out of doing interesting and good things to pay for a stupid, pointless, and useless pole?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Jesus people, just let the fucking fire pole die. It literally makes no sense, and would be an utter waste of their money. Unless you'd rather they take money out of doing interesting and good things to pay for a stupid, pointless, and useless pole?

I think there are very few who actualy want a firepole, it seems to be much more of an item to josh about than anything serious.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

no-fun-allowed.jpg

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.