PSU watts problems, recommendation please!

Go to solution Solved by nicobombai,

Thank you everyone who replied, i wanted to go with Seasonic M12 620 which was N/A atm, so i went for the Seasonic X650.

Cheers! :)

Admin may lock this thread.

Hi everyone,

n00b asking for some recommendations here,

I live in Indonesia, and one of my buddy is giving me a brand new MSI r9 280 3g.

I have encountered some questions regarding the PSU, should i upgrade to a better one? or use the current one, i dont mind spending cash for a new PSU as long as my pc will work fine, because i heard some people say 500w is enough but some say they dont.

Here is the website where i can get all my stuff: www.enterkomputer.com/psu.php

My budget will be around Rp 1.100.000 max.

I don't want anything fancy, as long as it gets the job done.

My current rig specs:

i5 3570

AsRock pro4 mvp

8gb ram

1- 1tb hdd

1- 500gb hdd

1- 128gb ssd

Power color HD 6870 1gb

3 fans

ENLIGHT Blacksilver 500w PSU (I got this for sometime and having no problems at all)

NO overclocking, just for casual gaming.

Note: this is a rig from 2012, so please give me some slack if the specs are lame.

Please do help me guys, I will appreciate any info and recommendations given to me.

Thank you in advance and have a good one guys!

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

try a 380W seasonic. :P

how do you know it's a PSU problem? what's the issue?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

try a 380W seasonic.

Noooooo. Do you want that system to die?

Noooooo. Do you want that system to die?

you missed the last thread

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412996-is-this-psu-enough/#entry5557360

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Hi everyone,

n00b asking for some recommendations here,

I live in Indonesia, and one of my buddy is giving me a brand new MSI r9 280 3g.

I have some problems for the PSU, should i upgrade to a better one? or use the current one, i dont mind spending cash for a new PSU as long as my pc will work fine, because i heard some people say 500w is enough but some say they dont.

Here is the website where i can get all my stuff: www.enterkomputer.com/psu.php

My budget will be around Rp 1.100.000 max.

I don't want anything fancy, as long as it gets the job done.

My current rig specs:

i5 3570

AsRock pro4 mvp

8gb ram

1- 1tb hdd

1- 500gb hdd

1- 128gb ssd

Power color HD 6870 1gb

3 fans

ENLIGHT Blacksilver 500w PSU (I got this for sometime and having no problems at all)

Note: this is a rig from 2012, so please give me some slack if the specs are lame.

Please do help me guys, I will appreciate any info and recommendations given to me.

Thank you in advance and have a good one guys!

i see my fellow countryman, you should try FSP, its on discount at entercomputer

Woah, the community is awesome!

Thanks for the replies guys, but im still baffled, should i upgrade or not.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Woah, the community is awesome!

Thanks for the replies guys, but im still baffled, should i upgrade or not.

If you really have problems with that PSU...

Just scrolling down that site... Is that budget a considerable amount of money? Because you can get a 550W Super Flower PSU at that budget ( SF-550P14XE(HX) )

This is a signature.

If you really have problems with that PSU...

Just scrolling down that site... Is that budget a considerable amount of money? Because you can get a 550W Super Flower PSU at that budget ( SF-550P14XE(HX) )

That budget is around $75-85 more or less with the current exchange rate. So for me its a good amount. But is super flower any good?

Brands of PSU are still a question mark for me, idk which is the good one, i was thinking about corsair VS or CXM but i think its not that good? CMIIW.

That budget is around $75-85 more or less with the current exchange rate. So for me its a good amount. But is super flower any good?

Brands of PSU are still a question mark for me, idk which is the good one, i was thinking about corsair VS or CXM but i think its not that good? CMIIW.

Yes, Super Flower is comparable to Seasonic, they even make EVGA's PSUs, that model I mentioned blows the fuck out by a lot VS and CX series

This is a signature.

i see my fellow countryman, you should try FSP, its on discount at entercomputer

is FSP any good?

try a 380W seasonic. :P

how do you know it's a PSU problem? what's the issue?

Im no PSU expert but im pretty sure this is just plan ol trollin :P

Ah alright mate, will have a look, cheers!

Your current PSU should be able to handle it

I will keep that in mind, cheers!

Yes, Super Flower is comparable to Seasonic, they even make EVGA's PSUs, that model I mentioned blows the fuck out by a lot VS and CX series

Alright i will have think about it, but if there are any more suggestions, im all ears to them.

I will definitely have a look at that model, thanks alot! :)

is FSP any good?

well, ive look it up at ecova. they looks legit

is FSP any good?

Im no PSU expert but im pretty sure this is just plan ol trollin :P

Ah alright mate, will have a look, cheers!

I will keep that in mind, cheers!

Alright i will have think about it, but if there are any more suggestions, im all ears to them.

I will definitely have a look at that model, thanks alot! :)

what are the symptoms of this plan ol trollin?

well, ive look it up at ecova. they looks legit

Alright will check it out. Cheers!

what are the symptoms of this plan ol trollin?

Nevermind. But thanks for the free bump!

Thank you everyone who replied, i wanted to go with Seasonic M12 620 which was N/A atm, so i went for the Seasonic X650.

Cheers! :)

Admin may lock this thread.