Is this PSU enough? (Updated)

fapyon
Go to solution Solved by 79 Potatoes,

Updated the part lists.

That PSU should do fine with that GPU

Hello, I want to know is this PSU is capable to handle my rig? I already read this topic, watch

and
, but I just want to make sure this PSU is capable or not :D

[spoiler=My Rig]Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz
MSI H81M-E35 V2 (LGA1150, H81, DDR3)
Seagate 1TB SATA3 - ST100DM003
Team Elite Plus DDR3 PC12800 1600Mhz Dual Channel 8GB (2X4GB)

HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5

Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

I'm really apreciate every advice you give ^_^

P.S. : I cannot find the PSU at the official website, I could only find 550 - 1300 Watt version, maybe it's removed.

[spoiler=Changelog]7/23/2015 4:40 PM (GMT+7)

Updated the GPU, PSU and add an Optical Drive

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

it will work for now, barely, but please get something better.

get a much better 500W at least from a trusted brand like EVGA.

i'm wrong, buy it.

i still suggest a higher wattage though.

but everyone always says i suggest too high a wattage.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

Did you sleep well today?

OFF BRAND?!? It's Seasonic...

This is a signature.

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

seasonic is like the best brand out there and 360W is actually enough

Did you sleep well today?

OFF BRAND? It's Seasonic...

seasonic is like the best brand out there and 360W is actually enough

what the hell is a seasonic?

i have NEVER heard of them.

it looks like it has fine specs, but i've seriously never heard of them.

....no, i didn't sleep last night.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

It's a seasonic... one of the better manufacturers out there... EVGA doen't make PSU's, they get them from companies like seasonic and you have to be careful about which line you get as some are rubbish some are great, just like coolermaster.

At the OP, it'll be fine but you could probably get something with a bit extra capacity that will handle any single GPU and a cpu upgrade in the future for about the same price.. Seasonics aren't generally cheap.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

They actually make PSUs for EVGA and corsair....

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

Did you seriously just call one of the most reputable psu makers off brand and not trusted?

You have to be on drugs.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

They are just about the most reputable PSU manufacturer in the business.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

They make all of XFX PSU's, the good corsairs (like the AX 760) and such... they are VERY well regarded.

They are not the BEST but they are up there and cost much less that the "best"

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Now I almost feel sorry for the guy, getting glomped like that :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Did you seriously just call one of the most reputable psu makers off brand and not trusted?

You have to be on drugs.

They are just about the most reputable PSU manufacturer in the business.

well TIL seasonic is a good thing.

Now I almost feel sorry for the guy, getting glomped like that :P

yeah, my notifications lit up fast!

yes, its enough. your rig wont consume more then 250 watt

Thank you for the answers guys ^_^  I really apreciate it.

This website is awesome, has members who response fast :blush:

Hello, I want to know is this PSU is capable to handle my rig? I already read this topic, watch

and
, but I just want to make sure this PSU, because I'm low on budget :D

[spoiler=My Rig]Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz

MSI H81M-E35 V2 (LGA1150, H81, DDR3)

Seagate 1TB SATA3 - ST100DM003

Team Elite Plus DDR3 PC12800 1600Mhz Dual Channel 8GB (2X4GB)

MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 - Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Gaming V1 (2 Fan)

I'm really apreciate every advice you give ^_^

Your PC will consume somewhere around 100-120W if you overclock things so yes, that Seasonic PSU will work amazing for you :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Your PC will consume somewhere around 100-120W if you overclock things so yes, that Seasonic PSU will work amazing for you :)

This rig just to play games like Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Prototype 2, etc. at med-high 900p settings, so I don't think going to overclock it :D

a 380W off brand PSU?

oh hell no.

i'm wrong, buy it.

i still suggest a higher wattage though.

but everyone always says i suggest too high a wattage.

It's okay dude, I don't want my electricity bill expensive :D

This rig just to play games like Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Prototype 2, etc. at med-high 900p settings, so I don't think going to overclock it :D

well i think you gonna have problems due to processor limitation. cmiiw

You can get about 4.0 GHz if you use the stock cooler my friend. Skyrim will benefit from having a nice overclock on your G3258 :)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

well i think you gonna have problems due to processor limitation. cmiiw

Well there won't be "problems" per se. It just won't run as well. The games that the OP is playing will be fine, just Skyrim could benefit from having a higher clock speed for more per-core performance.

You can get about 4.0 GHz if you use the stock cooler my friend. Skyrim will benefit from having a nice overclock on your G3258 :)

I didn't have the courage to overclock this CPU with the stock cooler because I already watch

, it gets 60 when it's under load, I think it's not safe for me :D 

I didn't have the courage to overclock this CPU with the stock cooler because I already watch

, it gets 60 when it's under load, I think it's not safe for me :D 

60C under load is safe, do not worry :) If you're not going to overclock that is fine but the whole point of the Pentium G3258 is that it can be overclocked and it is very rare for a cheap processor from Intel to be unlocked. If you have a case with poor airflow then 60C is a bit on the hot side, yes. I would still go to Youtube to find tutorials on how to overclock an Intel Haswell CPU.

60C under load is safe, do not worry :) If you're not going to overclock that is fine but the whole point of the Pentium G3258 is that it can be overclocked and it is very rare for a cheap processor from Intel to be unlocked. If you have a case with poor airflow then 60C is a bit on the hot side, yes. I would still go to Youtube to find tutorials on how to overclock an Intel Haswell CPU.

Okay thanks for the advice :) , my plan for the case is Cooler Master K281, not too expensive I think.