Apple takes 92% of smartphone market profits on just 20% of sales

Says who? That's not something any individual should get to dictate external to the company. They don't make products any more expensive (in smartphones) than their competition. They are allowed to make the money they make unless they break antitrust law or other regulations. I said they design, and I should have specified assemble as well. And I specified they don't have the expenses associated with a foundry. Apple is allowed to make however much money they can while obeying the laws of countries they sell in and run parts of their business. If you want to talk about evil profit margins, IBM really takes the cake despite its much more narrow, targeted market.

Then I wish people would at least look at other alternatives when wanting to buy a smartphone.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Then I wish people would at least look at other alternatives when wanting to buy a smartphone.

a lot do and those who don't often ask their friends, who know better, for advice. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

a lot do and those who don't often ask their friends, who know better, for advice. 

I suppose but there are still lots of people who don't know better. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Many do, including myself. The IPhone 6 was still the better option. Like I said I'm always open to seeing what Android can provide, but given all the recent security and OS trouble, Android's known wastefulness of memory and storage, the fact battery life is not significantly better than the IPhone option, and the fact it takes Android a much larger battery just to be on par for battery life, make it a less than compelling option, and that's before I get into the bloatware, software differences, lack of silent message forwarding to my laptop, etc. that I've come to very much enjoy in the Apple experience. Apple earned my money.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I suppose but there are still lots of people who don't know better. 

Except you have to start to question that assumption as time goes on. While it's true that many people probably don't know any better, it's also safe to assume they have a few friends who are using different devices -- and it's safe to assume they've used their friends devices at some point. My sole experience with the S5 is from my friend who happens to have one, and between all the time I've spent using it, I've come to the conclusion that TouchWiz sucks and that I prefer my 5s. 

The whole 'they don't know any better' argument is really a dying one as it's very rare that all of your friends are on the same platform/device as you are. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

And Android phones aren't subsidized the same way?

Of course they are, but they're usually cheaper either way.

omg u have apple, i am going to cry

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

Just shows you how little money is to be gained from the Android phone market, with Apple offering iOS and no competition in their optimisation of their devices.