Best way to deal with a heat wave

themaniac

So I'm currently in a heat wave its supposed to get up to 105°f or 40°c for you celcius using savages anyway what would you normally do to deal with a heat wave

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

A fan

And water. Lots of water.

EDIT:

Interesting fan idea I saw yesterday: hang a damp towel in front of the fan (or your air conditioning system) to spread slightly damp air into your room/house

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Desk fan and water. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

In Egypt where this is the average I have a standing fan for when its not too hot and an A/C for when it is 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A fan in front of an open window

It's 35 degrees Celsius currently and I cannot bare extreme heat. I prefer to stay in an air conditioned environment when it is this hot.

Hydration is important if it's not feasible.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

A fan

And water. Lots of water.

This. Just, don't mix the water and computers (unless you are water cooling  :P)

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

So I'm currently in a heat wave its supposed to get up to 105°f or 40°c for you celcius using savages anyway what would you normally do to deal with a heat wave

Stay hydrated, move your PC to a room that doesn't get that warm, although my basement stays 20-23 degrees when it's 40 degrees celcius outside I'm not willing to go through the hassle though :P You could always get a mobile air conditioning unit or make the mythical ventilator-ice cube box 

You could take some extra computer fans and force a old power supply to function without a motherboard. Usually I just say in the basement if it hot as hell.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

I have a few wristbands from festivals, which I make wet. That helps a lot.

Then of course a fan or something to keep the air moving.

When the sun is shining close the window and at night leave it open for the fresh and colder air to come in.

Your avatar is my answer.

*sigh*

There was an opportunity.. And I fully missed it..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Buy a fan. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It's 35 degrees Celsius currently and I cannot bare extreme heat. I prefer to stay in an air conditioned environment when it is this hot.

Hydration is important if it's not feasible.

water is quite feasible I have around 40-50 500ml water bottles next to me
Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

I see you all are quite fans of fans :P

Spoiler

a small damp towel to wrap around your neck cooling the jugular veins.

and while standing in front of a fan I have a mist sprayer to spray my face and exposed skin and let that fan dry it off.

40C counts as a heat wave?

Water... lots of it...

stay in the shade...

airflow... airflow... airflow...

I see you all are quite fans of fans :P

My precious... (Ignore then unpainted wooden doors, still need to paint them.) 

photo.jpg

This thing moves air like a jet engine; it's as loud as one too tbh. 

20" box fan with a thin wet towel on its intake side. My version of an evaporative cooler. 

Or you can get a legit one from amazon, but it'll be much more expensive than my $20 box fan and towel method. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

40C counts as a heat wave?

Water... lots of it...

stay in the shade...

airflow... airflow... airflow...

well that's what my dad and the news said
Spoiler

we just got over a 40C heatwave a couple days ago, with my laptop i cut a hole under the fan for more air and used it on top of a block of ice in a lazagna dish.. went from 80C at the CPU to 50C... (this is how i have to play GTAV ATM.. otherwise my laptop hits 80C and throttles :( )

if there's too much heat I just set myself on fire to cooldown.

I live between two lakes, so you can guess what i do.

ONU3psc.jpg