STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

6 hours ago, redarmysoldier said:

Thanks for the response, but it costs just a fraction of the NEX? What would you get for around 100AUD? 

Ty

the seasonic SSP-500RT, antec HCG-520M and Fractal Integra M are good choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, redarmysoldier said:

@STRMfrmXMN Is this any good? Corsair SF450 450W 80PLUS Gold Modular SFX Power Supply

Thanks in advance

It's an SFX power supply, which means it has a smaller form-factor than normal ATX power supplies. You'll need a mounting bracket to install it in most computer cases, unless it already ships with one.

I looked up your last post. Here are two great power supplies that fit your budget.

http://www.skycomp.com.au/fractal-design-psu-edison-m-450w-black.html

http://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&bid=2&sid=87634&id2=1

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

4 hours ago, redarmysoldier said:

@STRMfrmXMN Is this any good? Corsair SF450 450W 80PLUS Gold Modular SFX Power Supply

Thanks in advance

It's the best SFX PSU bar none. What are you putting it in?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's the best SFX PSU bar none. What are you putting it in?

A Corsair 400C. It's a tier 1 according to (your?) tier list. Corsair makes brackets for them to fit into an ATX case.

I might have to go with a more expensive PSU like the G2 in the end and break the bank :/ 

1 minute ago, redarmysoldier said:

A Corsair 400C. It's a tier 1 according to (your?) tier list. Corsair makes brackets for them to fit into an ATX case.

I might have to go with a more expensive PSU like the G2 in the end and break the bank :/ 

Why are you getting an SFX PSU, which usually costs more than an ATX PSU, and putting it in an ATX case? You could get anything from Tiers 1 to 3 and be fine on the tier list linked in his sig.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Why are you getting an SFX PSU, which usually costs more than an ATX PSU, and putting it in an ATX case? You could get anything from Tiers 1 to 3 and be fine on the tier list linked in his sig.

To answer your questions: I'm trying to choose what is available in my area so that I can avoid shipping costs from other states. (which is quite expensive)

Edited by redarmysoldier

Just now, redarmysoldier said:

To answer your questions: I'm trying to choose what is available in my area so that I can avoid shipping costs from other states. 

Just to restate what I said:

Anything from tiers 1 to 3. Doesn't have to be tier 1 to power a gaming build, you know, and the PSUs in tier 3 are usually cheaper.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Just to restate what I said:

Anything from tiers 1 to 3. Doesn't have to be tier 1 to power a gaming build, you know, and the PSUs in tier 3 are usually cheaper.

Yeah, that seems reasonable. Unfortunately there aren't much options here. I guess I'll wait it out and see if my stores get the better PSUs. You wont find gray Corsair CSM/CSX units here. sadface

39 minutes ago, redarmysoldier said:

Yeah, that seems reasonable. Unfortunately there aren't much options here. I guess I'll wait it out and see if my stores get the better PSUs. You wont find gray Corsair CSM/CSX units here. sadface

Hmm, no Antec units? Perhaps Super Flower?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

8 hours ago, redarmysoldier said:

dude, we've already listed down some good choices for you, either one of the psus are good choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Just double checking. How safe is to power everything in my sig (RX 480 4GB, i5 4460, 2 HDD 7200rpm, 1 SSD and 1 ODD)

with a green labeled Corsair CX500

http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-cx-series-cx500-500w-a9-76035.htm

Probably safe enough

5 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Probably safe enough

Hope not to replace PSU again. :D 

There is S12II 430 but it is selling for 15 more. Might sound not much but it doesn't offer free shipping so adds up 10 more for that on newegg,

19 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Probably safe enough

He seems to be talking about a Rev 2 unit.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Eh I think a CX500 will be fine powering a 480

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Next cheapest: EVGA 450B (which is meh too) and somewhat even more expensive

S12II 430B is almost 15 more as mentioned plus shipping 10 whereas CX500 can picked up locally for free

And I really want to save money

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Next cheapest: EVGA 450B (which is meh too) and somewhat even more expensive

S12II 430B is almost 15 more as mentioned plus shipping 10 whereas CX500 can picked up locally for free

And I really want to save money

I can look up your local Craigslist. I was going to do that when I asked you where you live, but you didn't tell me.

Just now, Aereldor said:

I can look up your local Craigslist. I was going to do that when I asked you where you live, but you didn't tell me.

I don't think about used ones though. Not sure how good they are. Toronto. Don't use craigslist, use kijiji. We barely use it.

Something just appeared to me. If I get it to as cheap as possible would it be (something like cheaper than my 49.99CAD  + tax): way worth it or both fine, get what's cheaper? I just ordered CX500 green label but can cancel it

edit: crap might need to think about power cables and such to avoid compatibility issues

19 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Something just appeared to me. If I get it to as cheap as possible would it be (something like cheaper than my 49.99CAD  + tax): way worth it or both fine, get what's cheaper? I just ordered CX500 green label but can cancel it

edit: crap might need to think about power cables and such to avoid compatibility issues

Bro stop questioning your decision, the CX500 will be fine :P

10 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Bro stop questioning your decision, the CX500 will be fine :P

I made my own decision twice without consulting people

Ended up with a 700 CAD laptop i3 5005u and 8gb ram with no dgpu

And a prebuilt. With a now become crap PSU. 

But maybe I'll keep it though if CX600M comes cheaper it will be so good 

15 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't think about used ones though. Not sure how good they are. Toronto. Don't use craigslist, use kijiji. We barely use it.

SeaSonic S12G 650 for 55 CAD (York)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/markham-york-region/seasonic-650w-80-gold/1229663594?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

A little grey 550W Seasonic (SSP or SSR series, probably) for $46 (Toronto City)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/city-of-toronto/power-supply-1000w-750w-700w-650w-600w-550w-400w-300w-280w/1195863260?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

5 hours ago, Aereldor said:

The S12G is a let down

comes with no cable other than the main ones required for a motherboard

But the seasonic is nice. 

16 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The S12G is a let down

But the seasonic is nice. 

Sheesh, just buy the cables. It'll look sick too!

Oh, and check about PCI-e cables on the grey SeaSonic. You need 8+6 for your card, right? It may only have a single 8 (6+2) PCI-e power cable, and you should never adapt the other off a Molex.

Also, the cables will be ugly. Like, yellow-orange-red-black ugly. Those things are rated for solid electrical and thermal performance, and silent operation; not their aesthetic. I mean, just look at that grey chasis.