STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

See edit,  but since they have 5+yr warranty it will outlive the initial build probably. 

4 HDDs will use less than 60W total. 7 fans will use nothing.

If you can find an 850W for like $5 more than a 750W then sure, buy it, but if it's significantly more then I'd skip spending more. I found this Rosewill Capstone that should fit the bill http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hRJkcf/rosewill-power-supply-capstoneg850

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

15 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

4 HDDs will use less than 60W total. 7 fans will use nothing.

If you can find an 850W for like $5 more than a 750W then sure, buy it, but if it's significantly more then I'd skip spending more. I found this Rosewill Capstone that should fit the bill http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hRJkcf/rosewill-power-supply-capstoneg850

hmmm no, its not (fully)modular, is there anypoint in 80+platinium vs gold? e.g hx850i(platinium) and the rm850i(gold) is there anypoint

Edited by KOMTechAndGaming
i mean to put fully

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

hmmm no, its not modular, is there anypoint in 80+platinium vs gold? e.g hx850i(platinium) and the rm850i(gold) is there anypoint

It depends on how much power costs for you and how much you will be using the computer :P  Check out the link in my signature :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

It depends on how much power costs for you and how much you will be using the computer :P  Check out the link in my signature :)

uhhh, i dont pay the bill my dad does, probably 'on' all the time, but at least 12 hours in sleep,and lets assume the rest of my time is spent playing games 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

uhhh, i dont pay the bill my dad does, probably 'on' all the time, but at least 12 hours in sleep,and lets assume the rest of my time is spent playing games 

Well if you're not paying it's probably not worth it, especially if the price difference between the two models is significant.  But that's just my opinion.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

hmmm no, its not modular, is there anypoint in 80+platinium vs gold? e.g hx850i(platinium) and the rm850i(gold) is there anypoint

Not really unless power is expensive where you live or you put the system under intense load for long periods of the day.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well if you're not paying it's probably not worth it, especially if the price difference between the two models is significant.  But that's just my opinion.

it is cheaper than the RM1000I i want to put in and the HX850i and has corsair link

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Not really unless power is expensive where you live or you put the system under intense load for long periods of the day.

interesting, idk the cost of power tbh my dad pays for that, although i do run from a laptop currently so i guess power usage will increase significantly

@STRMfrmXMN

is the Corsair CX430 good? I am doing a cheap build and I can get it for $51AUS

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
fixed massive quote

3 hours ago, Eden_Frawley said:

It isn't amazing, what are you going to power with it? Is the PSU new or used?

15 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

hmmm no, its not modular

bruh, it already says semi modular in the specifications. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

bruh, it already says semi modular in the specifications. 

i mean to say fully modular my bad

7 hours ago, Eden_Frawley said:

Please snip your quote, thanks!

It's alright but it's not for everybody. What are the specs of the system you're powering?

@Eden_Frawley- you must be new here. Don't quote an enormous list or a long post. Instead, delete the contents and replace them with -snip-, or the sentence/paragraph you'd like to highlight. 

If you want @STRMfrmXMN's attention, you can reply on this thread without a quote. He follows it and will see your post. If you want him to know you're trying to address him directly, tag him with '@' like I just did.

• 4 weeks later...

Aerocool MOD TX 750W  This isn't on the white list but it is the only one in my price range. Can anyone tell me if it is any good?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

10 minutes ago, A Silver said:

Aerocool MOD TX 750W  This isn't on the white list but it is the only one in my price range. Can anyone tell me if it is any good?

You are not going to get much more of an answer than what @Energycore has already said.

9 hours ago, Energycore said:

I would steer clear of that one. Usually Aerocool picks a great OEM for their PSUs (Andyson) but that model is by HEC which is known to make some real bad ones.

I would get this instead. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LW20YOW/

It is a a HEC TB, not good. Tier 6 with the other HEC TB (Fractal Design Integra R2)

48 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It is a a HEC TB, not good. Tier 6 with the other HEC TB (Fractal Design Integra R2)

The Fractal Design Integra M that was mentioned is a different ATNG platform that is based on the LLC resonant topology with dual magnetic amplifier for the 5V and 3.3V rail (independent regulation).

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You are not going to get much more of an answer than what @Energycore has already said.

That is more than my budget. How is this one? Rosewill Glacier-600M

PC Specs:

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

44 minutes ago, A Silver said:

That is more than my budget. How is this one? Rosewill Glacier-600M

A group-regulated unit from Andyson. I'd rather keep your previous CWT PUQ-B based CX750 that has DC-DC.

Quite honestly, I rarely ever been in a situation where I'm unable to do cable management even with a non-modular PSU. Sure, larger PSUs that has more cables and a poorly design case can make it somewhat more difficult, but if you put a few minutes of your time into it, it shouldn't be so bad that you feel the need to purchase a new PSU.

But if you assist on getting new PSU, how about this one instead? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020102-UK-CX550M-Semi-Modular-Bronze/dp/B01C3FFLZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1478794161&sr=1-1&keywords=cx550m

Just now, quan289 said:

A group-regulated unit from Andyson. I'd rather keep your previous CWT PUQ-B based CX750 that has DC-DC.

Quite honestly, I rarely ever been in a situation where I'm unable to do cable management. Sure, larger PSUs that has more cables and a poorly design case can make it somewhat more difficult, but if you put a few minutes of your time into it, it shouldn't be so bad that you feel the need to purchase a new PSU.

But if you assist on getting new PSU, how about this one instead? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020102-UK-CX550M-Semi-Modular-Bronze/dp/B01C3FFLZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1478794161&sr=1-1&keywords=cx550m

That looks good. if i need 400watts will 550 be enough with room to spare?

PC Specs:

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

8 hours ago, quan289 said:

The Fractal Design Integra M that was mentioned is a different ATNG platform that is based on the LLC resonant topology with dual magnetic amplifier for the 5V and 3.3V rail (independent regulation).

No, I mean the Integra R2 and not the Integra M.

TBF, I often get confused by the Capstone and Capstone G, brands need to give similar quality PSUs the similar names and different quality PSUs a different name. 

• 3 weeks later...

Delta PSUs can often be found in HP and Dell PCs.

and on some ASUS too like mine..

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Delta PSUs can often be found in HP and Dell PCs.

and on some ASUS too like mine..

Delta is used by lots of PC OEMs, I can name a lot of PC OEMs that use Delta, but the main ones are HP/Compaq and Dell.

1 minute ago, redarmysoldier said:

@STRMfrmXMN 

I've heard some bad things about this unit: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold

Is it any good? It will be powering an i7 6700K (or Kaby Lake?) and a 1060. TY

It's not exactly good. The NEX line is rebranded G1, which were mediocre at best. A G2/GQ/GS/G3 would be much better. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats