STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

13 minutes ago, daiv said:

Thanks for all the help dude. Last question, are you sure this is going to work for my PC? Should I do some research are you 100% sure it will work

Try it. None of these steps are hamful- they'll just help you identify a bottleneck in your system, and attempt to alleviate it at the software level.

As for gaming, check usage with MSI Afterburner.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

Try it. None of these steps are hamful- they'll just help you identify a bottleneck in your system, and attempt to alleviate it at the software level.

As for gaming, check usage with MSI Afterburner.

Sorry, by "this" i meant the PSU lol. I should have specified. How could I know if the PSU works with my computer

4 minutes ago, daiv said:

Sorry, by "this" i meant the PSU lol. I should have specified. How could I know if the PSU works with my computer

See if your motherboard uses standard wiring on the main 20/24-pin power connector. If it does, this will work. If it doesn't, then it won't, and you're due for an upgrade.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, adman29 said:

So EVGA SuperNOVA G3? any reports on that atm?

Did I forget to put it on this list? It's a Tier 1 unit on the PSU tier list.

And yes, I somehow did.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Did I forget to put it on this list? It's a Tier 1 unit on the PSU tier list.

And yes, I somehow did.

Saw it on the PSU tier list, and I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hey, how are these powersupplies?

I want a power supply for a Low/mid end gaming PC (parts like i5-750 and r9 270x for example)

Andyson G530 (u said andyson is decent so this is good right) $10-$13

FSP 蓝海 440 (FSP is quite solid??) (btw the Chinese characters mean blue ocean/sea ($12-$16)

Cooler Master 460W (??) ($12-$16)

All have PCI-E cables (I think)

Also what do u think of AcBel (example model is E2Power 470)

Prices in USD

Thanks for your expert opinion!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, Javier Ewe said:

Hey, how are these powersupplies?

I want a power supply for a Low/mid end gaming PC (parts like i5-750 and r9 270x for example)

Andyson G530 (u said andyson is decent so this is good right) $10-$13

FSP 蓝海 440 (FSP is quite solid??) (btw the Chinese characters mean blue ocean/sea ($12-$16)

Cooler Master 460W (??) ($12-$16)

All have PCI-E cables (I think)

Also what do u think of AcBel (example model is E2Power 470)

Prices in USD

Thanks for your expert opinion!

I can't say much for that Andyson bar the fact it seems odd that it lists 230V specs only on the side?

Anyways, none of those are particularly great but I guess you're probably equally well off for all of them.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I can't say much for that Andyson bar the fact it seems odd that it lists 230V specs only on the side?

Anyways, none of those are particularly great but I guess you're probably equally well off for all of them.

Yeh, my country uses 230-240V. So I should be ok with that Andyson?? Should avoid the FSP/CM one right?

3 minutes ago, Javier Ewe said:

Yeh, my country uses 230-240V. So I should be ok with that Andyson?? Should avoid the FSP/CM one right?

I think they're all cheap group-regulated units that aren't built particularly well. Andyson has a lot of awful units, especially at the low-end. They're no Seasonic. That said, it should be fine to power a 270X, just keep in mind a 270X uses as much power as a GTX 980 and I'd never power a 980 with any of those units.

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I think they're all cheap group-regulated units that aren't built particularly well. Andyson has a lot of awful units, especially at the low-end. They're no Seasonic. That said, it should be fine to power a 270X, just keep in mind a 270X uses as much power as a GTX 980 and I'd never power a 980 with any of those units.

ok, noted. andyson is not at the calibre of seasonic. i should check the exact models. thanks!

1 minute ago, Javier Ewe said:

ok, noted. andyson is not at the calibre of seasonic. i should check the exact models. thanks!

Yeah, no worries.

hello dear members of this wonderful forum, i would like to ask what psu would you recommend for a budget pc build (i3 6320 8gb ram msi gtx 1060 6gb) around 50$. i would like it to have black sleeved cables to avoid the ketchup and mustard sight through my plexi glass side panel and 80+ verification.after some research i narrowed down my choices to either the be quiet b8 550w either the corsair cx550m (grey unit).if you have any other recommendation feel free to tell me. 

thank you

Edited by TheRandomness
Fixed formatting

8 hours ago, Javier Ewe said:

hey again!

do u have anything to say about the cooler master extreme power plus?

specifically this one: http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/office-home-extreme/extreme-power-plus-460w-120mm-fan/

model number : rs 460 pcar a3

would it be sufficient to power a dual 6 pin card via single 6 pin and dual molex to 6 pin?

It's not a good unit.

3 hours ago, johncrypto said:

hello dear members of this wonderful forum, i would like to ask what psu would you recommend for a budget pc build (i3 6320 8gb ram msi gtx 1060 6gb) around 50$. i would like it to have black sleeved cables to avoid the ketchup and mustard sight through my plexi glass side panel and 80+ verification.after some research i narrowed down my choices to either the be quiet b8 550w either the corsair cx550m (grey unit).if you have any other recommendation feel free to tell me. 

thank you

I answered your question on the thread you posted.

hey again, what do u think of the xigmantek tauro m 600w. good enough for a ryzen 5 1600 and gtx 1080 asus rog strix?

6 hours ago, Javier Ewe said:

hey again, what do u think of the xigmantek tauro m 600w. good enough for a ryzen 5 1600 and gtx 1080 asus rog strix?

Not a fantastic unit. If you can afford a GTX 1080 then you absolutely can afford a decent PSU.

Here's a few options for you.

https://sgpcmart.com/power-supply/251-thermaltake-toughpower-650w-gold-semi-modular.html?search_query=psu&results=90

https://sgpcmart.com/power-supply/375-leadex-silver-90-full-modular.html?search_query=psu&results=90

https://sgpcmart.com/power-supply/376-leadex-gold-90-full-modular.html?search_query=psu&results=90

Hi, What would you choose between this 3 PSU's? Noise is a important factor to me

• Corsair RM650i 650W
  • EVGA Supernova 650W G3
  • EVGA Supernova 650W P2

Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, n1mda said:

Hi, What would you choose between this 3 PSU's? Noise is a important factor to me

• Corsair RM650i 650W
  • EVGA Supernova 650W G3
  • EVGA Supernova 650W P2

Thanks in advance

The Corsair would be a bit quieter but they're all very quiet

I really like EVGA's PSUs and according to you and other sources Seasonic is a really good brand too. Would it be better to get an EVGA 850w G3 or Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850w SSR-850FX? The Seasonic's price seems too good to be true since it's almost $50 CAD less than the EVGA's 850w G3. Both are 80+ Gold and Fully Modular. Seems like Seasonic did something that would reduce the quality of the PSU to bring that price down that much or EVGA's PSU is just over priced.

System Specs:

i5-6600k

2x GTX 970

24GB DDR4

Asus Z170-A

1TB HDD + 275GB SSD

24 minutes ago, Matt_thatoneguy said:

I really like EVGA's PSUs and according to you and other sources Seasonic is a really good brand too. Would it be better to get an EVGA 850w G3 or Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850w SSR-850FX? The Seasonic's price seems too good to be true since it's almost $50 CAD less than the EVGA's 850w G3. Both are 80+ Gold and Fully Modular. Seems like Seasonic did something that would reduce the quality of the PSU to bring that price down that much or EVGA's PSU is just over priced.

System Specs:

i5-6600k

2x GTX 970

24GB DDR4

Asus Z170-A

1TB HDD + 275GB SSD

Both are good PSUs, get the cheaper of the two, or alternatively, if they're cheaper then get a Corsair RMx/RMi or EVGA G2

Are the Cooler Master B and B v.2 lumped into the same spot? 

Also, I have the B500 (v.1), with an overclocked Ryzen 5 and R9 280. Probably not worth replacing it just yet, right?

:)

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Are the Cooler Master B and B v.2 lumped into the same spot? 

Also, I have the B500 (v.1), with an overclocked Ryzen 5 and R9 280. Probably not worth replacing it just yet, right?

Yeah, keep it, why not.