STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What's the worst thing could have happened if I said fuck it, too much trouble, I'll go with CX500?

You're out modularity

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You're out modularity

As if I care. I don't even do cable management at all and my PC has no side panel anyway

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What's the worst thing could have happened if I said fuck it, too much trouble, I'll go with CX500?

Not much; it should still be perfectly capable of powering your system. The Grey SeaSonic will probably be better, but that's a used power supply.

However, if it's only a year or two old, it's the better buy. I'd ask the guy about it.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Brand new cx 500 for 50cad (b4 tax) is a sweet deal tbh (~38 usd). Thanks guys

@Aereldor

@herman mcpootis

@STRMfrmXMN

Sure. If you don't mind me asking, what are your reservations regarding the used Grey SeaSonic unit? (not the 650 G)

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Sure. If you don't mind me asking, what are your reservations regarding the used Grey SeaSonic unit? (not the 650 G)

I have paypal atm that's why. seller only accept cash. takes a while for me to get cash

6 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Ah. Aluminum is willing to go 60cad for cx600m green. Problem is it only has 2 sata. Can I use my old psu just to power the rest sats drives? I have 4 in my sig and would it be better choice than a cx500? At least if I go cx600m I would know it works for sure 

They do sell sata splitters as well as molex to sata splitters for like $3. (just fyi)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

They do sell sata splitters as well as molex to sata splitters for like $3. (just fyi)

USD or CAD lol

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

USD or CAD lol

USD of course, I don't keep track of Monopoly money. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It seems I am gonna get CX600M from Alu since he just confirmed with me that it can connect to 6 drives in total

Anyone know if Canada has import taxes?

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

USD or CAD lol

At that price it doesn't really matter :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Last question, i have decided to stick with cx500

What to do with old PSU if not selling? Kinda hard to sell something rare like this. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Last question, i have decided to stick with cx500

What to do with old PSU if not selling? Kinda hard to sell something rare like this. 

If you have enough parts make a pc out of it and see how much you can get selling it. Or keep it just in case the cx500 dies and you need to have something while your psu is off at RMA.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, herman mcpootis said:

If you have enough parts make a pc out of it and see how much you can get selling it. Or keep it just in case the cx500 dies and you need to have something while your psu is off at RMA.

Comeone it should last few years right?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Comeone it should last few years right?

yup, but there's always the possibility of getting a dud unit, even on a seasonic prime(although it would be pretty rare). when that happens you can easily just pull out your old delta and start using your pc after an hour or two.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Delta 500AB-6A or Corsair CX500. It appears, the problem is my GPU. Long live DELTA!

12 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Delta 500AB-6A or Corsair CX500. It appears, the problem is my GPU. Long live DELTA!

I'm still fairly certain it was your PSU dying yo

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'm still fairly certain it was your PSU dying yo

Well, I got to hear the fan roaring again. This time I was fast enough to open MSI afterburner and saw 100% fan speed there. Though the error are different

19 minutes ago, gazdadude said:

very

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I have a question regarding a PSU that I don't know if it's included in the list or not and if it is I am sorry to bother you with it.

I have a friend who is going to upgrade his PC to the following components:

i5 3330

RX 480 4GB

8GB RAM

The PSU we are going to buy is the Seasonic S12II 520w, which I know for sure that we can trust, it's "Safesonic" after all.

But I was checking other possibilities in case this one goes out of stock and I found a Lepa B450M Modular Maxbron 80+ Bronze and in this whitelist there's a Lepa PSU that goes by the name of "B450-SA" and I want to know if it's the same PSU, if not can you tell me if this one is reliable because I can't find information about him online.

Thank you for your time.

20 minutes ago, AnHonestMistake said:

Hello everyone I have a question regarding a PSU that I don't know if it's included in the list or not and if it is I am sorry to bother you with it.

I have a friend who is going to upgrade his PC to the following components:

i5 3330

RX 480 4GB

8GB RAM

The PSU we are going to buy is the Seasonic S12II 520w, which I know for sure that we can trust, it's "Safesonic" after all.

But I was checking other possibilities in case this one goes out of stock and I found a Lepa B450M Modular Maxbron 80+ Bronze and in this whitelist there's a Lepa PSU that goes by the name of "B450-SA" and I want to know if it's the same PSU, if not can you tell me if this one is reliable because I can't find information about him online.

Thank you for your time.

I'd pass on the LEPA. It has a two year warranty.