What TIPS have you picked up from Linus?

BananaNinja

That you can actually put a cooler on $4500 cpu with ZIP TIES. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

being bold & not being afraid to experiment from a safe to fail perspective when doing new & intriguing things & not be afraid of technology no matter how expensive it is..,

Details separate people.

Well I already did this before I watched Linus, but I wear socks with sandals.

Yes, I have no girlfriend.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

"Do as we say, not as we do"

Tons of other ones that I have no hope of remembering right now because I don't remember that they came from Linus even though I'm sure the majority of them did.

Sig under construction.

How do you have weak hands? lol wat.

Are you implying that it's impossible for someone to have weak hands? Or possibly making fun of them for having weak hands?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Are you implying that it's impossible for someone to have weak hands? Or possibly making fun of them for having weak hands?

Actually I look at that and think it's an old mechanics trick, just lock a monkey wrench or a pair of vice grips only a screw driver, and press

down hard.

I am aware of the faraday principle but according to Carey Holzman who has been in the industry for a little while now it won't damage anything though disregard the sink part of the video lol

EDIT:sniperino video

i actually tried it, the full grey bags arent conductive, but...

96.jpg

i tested one of these, and when measuring opposide sides of the bag, i measured 500k ohms, measuring 1mm apart, i measured 30k ohms.

probably too much for damage, but i'd say dont risk it, certainly not for a biscuit.

i actually tried it, the full grey bags arent conductive, but...

96.jpg

i tested one of these, and when measuring opposide sides of the bag, i measured 500k ohms, measuring 1mm apart, i measured 30k ohms.

probably too much for damage, but i'd say dont risk it, certainly not for a biscuit.

It is a good point but in all of the years I've done it I've never damaged any components due to placing them on the anti-static bag though most of the time I use the cardboard box. I needed to go out somewhere when I first got my £90 Gigabyte board that is in my sig, installed it and powered up without any issues.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Socks and sandals are godlike

Fixed that for you :P

I've learned basically everything about how to build a PC from watching LTT videos.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Fixed that for you :P

I've learned basically everything about how to build a PC from watching LTT videos.

I too have learned so much from LTT and Tek Syndicate.  These two communities I love deeply.  The one true thing I learned most importantly from Linus:  21:9 is King.  And lord--I gotta get me one of them for my middle monitor.

I have learned to stick with Nvidea instead of AMD for betther lifespan

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

LOL best thing I have learned from Linus is enjoy AC and always have it. :lol:

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

It is a good point but in all of the years I've done it I've never damaged any components due to placing them on the anti-static bag though most of the time I use the cardboard box. I needed to go out somewhere when I first got my £90 Gigabyte board that is in my sig, installed it and powered up without any issues.

Lost 2 RAM slots on my M board other day repacking a motherboard. Could of been me but I was totally static free when moving the product *shrug* .. Boogie man did it LOL

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

Put the motherboard on the motherboard box. That's one of many from just Linus himself.

Nearly all the stuff I know about computers I've learned from LTT and the LTT community.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

A quiet PC is a godsend.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

How to build a PC, and how much I've learned about general hardware since watching his videos. Really was the determining factor in convincing me to build a pc.

Don't listen to Linus is the most valuable tip I have ever gotten.  

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Lost 2 RAM slots on my M board other day repacking a motherboard. Could of been me but I was totally static free when moving the product *shrug* .. Boogie man did it LOL

I doubt it was the antic-static bag

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Not to do anything Linus does. 

First thing,throw away the driver disk and download the latest from the manufactures website.

Unless you need the network adapter drivers to get on the internet....

System: Thinkpad T460

Not to do anything Linus does. 

This ^

Like.....

Counterweighting your motherboard with a GPU

Disassembling entire brackets on a $800+ server board, and zip-tieing heatsinks to $4.5K CPU's. 

Spray paint directly into PCI-E & Memory slots on a $400 Motherboard

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA