What TIPS have you picked up from Linus?

BananaNinja

Don't put shit on anti static baggies

your turn! :D

Makes no difference, it won't hurt anything.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously, lots of stuff from the Techquickie series

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Tips?

Err, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I mean, I've learned some stuff, but nothing that I would classify as a 'tip'. As in, a trick for doing something easily or better.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Actually it can. The bag is a faraday cage, so putting it on the outside can potentially kill the part. It isn't very likely though.

Firepoles can ruin a tech biz.

Firepoles are dangerous and certain CEOs refuse to purchase them when building a new office. Also the fourm if it counts taught me lots.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

The tip he gave about using a pair of pliers to help turn a screwdriver was pretty good. I have very weak hands (I struggle to even open bottles of soda) so I think that tip will come in handy later on.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Actually it can. The bag is a faraday cage, so putting it on the outside can potentially kill the part. It isn't very likely though.

I am aware of the faraday principle but according to Carey Holzman who has been in the industry for a little while now it won't damage anything though disregard the sink part of the video lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

This forum.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I am aware of the faraday principle but according to Carey Holzman who has been in the industry for a little while now it won't damage anything.

more about reducing the tiny chance of damage since theoretically it might damage components but practically it very rarely happens

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

First thing,throw away the driver disk and download the latest from the manufactures website.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

First thing,throw away the driver disk and download the latest from the manufactures website.

honestly I don't understand why they still provide driver disks for first world customers

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

Not much new.... but confirmed almost all of my existing knowledge...

I just use his videos as quick briefs for others...

oh I learned that I can watercool a MacBook by soaking the bottom half in water...

honestly I don't understand why they still provide driver disks for first world customers

for when you have to install your network drivers and don't have another computer to do it with

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

The outside of anti-static bags are conductive.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

for when you have to install your network drivers and don't have another computer to do it with

hmm Network worked straight out of box with Windows Drivers so that isn't an issue at least for my motherboard and my motherboard is old (P67)

The outside of anti-static bags are conductive.

But Carey Holzman has proven that it doesn't do anything. Have you watched the video?

If it was that conductive it would have shorted the board out

It can kill it if you touch the bag and discharge ESD, but honestly, that's not any more guilty then just touching the part itself before discharging.

"Rawr XD"

Anything will work after turning it off and on

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

I learned from him to surround myself with people that know what they're doing. Sorta.

Also: Take risks. Work hard. Have fun. Don't mention firepoles.

It can kill it if you touch the bag and discharge ESD, but honestly, that's not any more guilty then just touching the part itself before discharging.

I know it isn't important, but he said it made no difference when it technically makes a tiny one.

hmm Network worked straight out of box with Windows Drivers so that isn't an issue at least for my motherboard and my motherboard is old (P67)

x99 here and I had to install the drivers from my motherboard's CD before my networking would work.