Just Cause 2 any good?

smeek14

Hey guts so I am thinking of getting just cause 2. It is any good? Also how will it play on gtx 970?

It's a damn good game. A little repetitive as most of the towns look the same. I must say, it looks beautiful even when it came out years ago.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

It's pretty good but poorly optimized for PC.  It will run pretty good on a 970, remember to put some mods with it too :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I have it, I stopped playing because you need to get chaos points in order to advance the story. Seriously, you have to blow stuff up and do a whole bunch of side missions in order to advance the story. I think I got lost because I didn't know of any other side missions to do, it'd take forever to advance the story, so I just quit

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

it will run great on  970. Its a very fun game, especially with mods.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Hey guts so I am thinking of getting just cause 2. It is any good? Also how will it play on gtx 970?

I played JC2 like 5 years ago, it is really fun, I don't know how well it aged tho, the 970 should crush the crap out of it, I used to play it maxed out @ 1080p with my HD5750 :P

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

One of my biggest issues with the game, and this is just me, and it's a technical issue, is that whenever I open the game, halfway through loading, it freezes. It does this about eight out of ten times I open the game. That being said, the game is absolutely gorgeous, huge, and even on my Radeon 6870, I ran it on Ultra at 1080p just fine. It was tonnes of fun blowing up bases for their completion, and using the money to buy gear on the black market. 

3 should be coming out soon so I'd recommend getting in on 2, its a fun game but like others said kinda repetitive.  played it for a bit on my 960 recently and it looked amazing compared to the r7 240 I used to play it on.  I have yet to try it on my 980 but I'm sure you'll crush it

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Better than your dads sexy smile.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

It's pretty good but poorly optimized for PC.  It will run pretty good on a 970, remember to put some mods with it too :)

Poorly optimised :o

what planet are you from

I play with DSR

3360X2100 MAXED OUT 60fps

even on multiplayer

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Nerd³ Plays... Just Cause 2

Nerd³ Loves... Just Cause 2

http://www.nerdcubed.co.uk/videos/nerdcubed-plays-just-cause-2-uncut/?q=just%20cause%202

any of these :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Wasn't much of a fan

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Poorly optimised :o

what planet are you from

I play with DSR

3360X2100 MAXED OUT 60fps

even on multiplayer

Yeah I agree. It's a rock solid game from bottom to top. It's aged extremely well. It's better than most games on the market today in my opinion. Yes it's repetitive. But the whole point of the game is to cause hell all day every day. it surprisingly doesn't get too old.

It's pretty good but poorly optimized for PC. It will run pretty good on a 970, remember to put some mods with it too :)

Poorly optimized?? In which way?? :o

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

JC2 is a very good game. The PC "port" is very good to the point that I don't like to call it a port. It's a full on good PC game.

Gameplay can get a bit repetitive since some areas look same and you do the same thing over and over again. That is why I could not put that much time into it. But it's a great sandbox game to mess around it.

It also has a free multiplayer mod on Steam. Last I played it it wasn't matured enough for me. Mainly the lag compensation was missing. I don't know if they've added it since. But it's still worth checking out.

IMO, it's great

Grab a few fun mods and have a blast :)

Coconuts Glow!

You can grappling hook people in the ass and drag them behind you while you drive down a beach in a monster truck that has a Machine gun/Grenade launcher turret on it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Here, I just got the game up-and-running again. Put the game in 4K, and went on my way. This game is absolutely gorgeous still. Averaged 45FPS in 4K on my 970. 

ksGFgHp.jpgzgAnhbl.jpg