The Pokémon Thread

minibois

ayy lmao, pokemans is moar den japanese cartoon only ya pleb

hey mang i dont want any of de trubls mang

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

common people. please don't do this. it ruins the game and economy for the whole world. we have enough trouble with powersaves and pokegening.

I mean, I really enjoyed the project itself. I even got it to the point where I received an email with a pic of the shiny. The game itself lost it's appeal besides playing though the story.

Also, an RNG based economy isn't very sustainable for this exact reason. To people out there looking to try this, I'd recommend dekunukem's videos on youtube for concept and implementation. If you don't wanna take apart your DS like he did, I used servo motors to press the buttons on mine. There's lots of examples out there.

So today I caught Suicune in Omega Ruby. First attempt lasted so long it used Struggle and fainted (not even joking, RNGesus was not with me that attempt). Second attempt was more successful.

Why did I not know about this thread...? :wub:

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Why did I not know about this thread...? :wub:

This thread is intelligent and self aware and is trying to hide from you?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So today I caught Suicune in Omega Ruby. First attempt lasted so long it used Struggle and fainted (not even joking, RNGesus was not with me that attempt). Second attempt was more successful.

Legend catching has become way too easy imo since gen 4, I just "cheat" my way through it, I use a Smeargle with False swipe, Taunt, Soak, Spore and I'm using dusk balls at night, It can be easier than that. The pain is when you are SRing for IVs, *shudders*

So, I'm making a new team and want to use staraptor and infernape as my main pokes. This is what i've come up with, what do you guys think.

Format is VGC Doubles.

http://pastebin.com/dcJZuXPJ

The data is copied from Showdown.

I used to be into competitive, this makes me want to get back into it, but it is so complicated now x.x

Legend catching has become way too easy imo since gen 4, I just "cheat" my way through it, I use a Smeargle with False swipe, Taunt, Soak, Spore and I'm using dusk balls at night, It can be easier than that. The pain is when you are SRing for IVs, *shudders*

Yeah, it has become easy. But at least they lowered the catch rate of some legendaries (like Palkia or Zekrom) to 3 in ORAS, like it should be.

Yeah, it has become easy. But at least they lowered the catch rate of some legendaries (like Palkia or Zekrom) to 3 in ORAS, like it should be.

I have found catch too low personally...so lowering them to me sounds ridiculous. It sounds like rng fake difficulty...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

I have found catch too low personally...so lowering them to me sounds ridiculous. It sounds like rng fake difficulty...

Well, pray to RNGesus, and it will become easier. Or harder. Depending on what RNGesus feels like being at the time.

Well, pray to RNGesus, and it will become easier. Or harder. Depending on what RNGesus feels like being at the time.

Legendary catching has always been easy to be honest.

I always first lower the HP to a minimum, Paralyze them (or make them sleep if they are resistant) and throw Poké Balls (regular ones)

Super easy to be honest. Gen 5 was the hardest, after that Gen 4, but all others are 2ez4me

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Legendary catching has always been easy to be honest.

I always first lower the HP to a minimum, Paralyze them (or make them sleep if they are resistant) and throw Poké Balls (regular ones)

Super easy to be honest. Gen 5 was the hardest, after that Gen 4, but all others are 2ez4me

The hardest one to catch pokes in was gen 1.

Honestly, your balls were missing almost every time and there was a 1/512 chance that a masterball would fail.

Honestly, your balls were missing almost every time and there was a 1/512 chance that a masterball would fail.

Ah yes, gen I's broken mechanics. Gotta love that.

Meh, played through gen 1 like that (Poké Balls only) 2 or 3 times and didn't find it very hard or anything.. At least not the legendaries

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Meh, played through gen 1 like that (Poké Balls only) 2 or 3 times and didn't find it very hard or anything.. At least not the legendaries

I remember trying to catch zapdos ( It only knew 3 moves, lol). And I was wasting balls because they were missing.

I remember trying to catch zapdos ( It only knew 3 moves, lol). And I was wasting balls because they were missing.

Catching mew 2 in x was really annoying...well long winded anyway