What do you think of the Gold Asus Z87 Motherboards

i don't really like them purely because of the fact that it seems really hard to match the colors on the inside it just seems like an awkward color

I don't like it I think its a horrible idea color wise. ECS did a similiar dealio. What they should of done was a black and white theme board people would of loved that to pieces.

Honestly believe that they messed up big time with their colour scheme this time round.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I don't like the gold.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I mean it could be nice if they made some GFX cards in the same colour , with some corsair vengeance pro gold memory sticks , AX series PSU and nice black case it could look nice...

Interested in Business and Technology

That gold color is the only fucking reason I have been holding myself from buying their mainstream boards. Blue would been awesome, but gold. Really Asus?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I like it alot, only thing keeping me away from it is the cpu, i dont like haswell at all.

I have some ideas what to do, and a touch of white would make it really nice aswell. I do hope 2011 socket gets a new mobo for ivy-E thats Black and gold, with some white or something along those lines

well with proper color coordination it looks pretty good 

EDIT: check my sig for a rig that i think looks okay with a gold motherboard

that's actually pretty nice

It looks alright, not really in to gold themed motherboards.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I don't like it, hope they do something with black and white next, or just black and blue.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

I don't like it I think its a horrible idea color wise. ECS did a similiar dealio. What they should of done was a black and white theme board people would of loved that to pieces.

Hmm..... how about this colour scheme :D

141image3.jpg

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

141image3.jpg

I do like that board but what I'd like is for the PCB to be black and the slots to go white an black and the dimm slots as well does that make sense?

They ruined a beautiful thing by making the memory slots blue and red. What a waste.

They ruined a beautiful thing by making the memory slots blue and red. What a waste.

They also made a pink and white one xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

meh don't really care for them. If your going to do gold do it like asrock's extreme9 motherboard