Jayz2cents' video on the Fury X

Sauron

My point, again, is the noise is atrocious and no more acceptable. I do not care where the sound is sourced from.

No one says otherwise. But if Jay is the only one, who has a capacitor buzz problem, then you cannot say it's a general problem.

The pump noise is however, but it might be solved in a software update or in the next batch (first batch sold out in a day or two anyways).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Guys why does this tread need to blow up over a stupid sound? 

I agree, the sounds in both Jay's and HWC's videos are disturbing and unacceptable. If that happens on all cards, then it's a serious problem. Otherwise, if it was just an isolated case, that happens only to Jay's or HWC's cards and just review samples generally, then we might as well ignore it.

In HWC's video I could hear a high pitched noise, but it was very different from Jay's. Either that, or I might be deaf.

Also in Jay's video, that high pitched noise seemed absent, but replaced with that awful "zzzzzzzzz" like sound.

My 2 cents on this is that we need to wait for more reviews, from people that bought the retail samples, and see if the sounds persist.

Even if Jay received a retail sample from VisionTek, I have a slight tendency to believe that it wasn't really a retail sample. Or at the very least not one from current on-shelf lots.

We do not need to fill 5-6 pages with a debate on something that we don't have enough comprehensive data to conclude whether it's an issue or not.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

No one says otherwise. But if Jay is the only one, who has a capacitor buzz problem, then you cannot say it's a general problem.

The pump noise is however, but it might be solved in a software update or in the next batch (first batch sold out in a day or two anyways).

As noted earlier, Jay had the retail copy from VisionTek, and the results are consistent with the initial batch.

You have AMD claiming that this issue will be resolved before it is released to the consumer space, but then you have this; consumers reporting the same issue, in the AMD subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3b7u7e/anyones_amd_r9_fury_x_sound_like_mine_link_here/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3b43kn/anyone_got_coil_whinebuzzing_noise_in_their_fury_x/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3ay9qq/how_many_of_you_found_the_pump_noise_issue_a_deal/

A discussion in Anandtech:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2437161

And the videos in reference:

All in all, this is a very poor way to introduce the cards to the market. If we cannot excuse game developers and publishers for patching the problems in their games, then we cannot excuse AMD for this either.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

before anyone keeps on fighting how many of you fighting are just talking on word of mouth and have not done water cooling? and by this not AIO ones mainly because the sound on those have been tuned out by asatek since they make just about all of them.  If you have not had first hand experience with water cooling then stop now, if you have please let it go you know the problems that can happen with water cooling itself... either the pump running at full speed or there is a leak and so on.  This is their first version of this card with aio so there will always be problems, look at linus's card coming with artifacting so things always happen, this isn't a perfect market and if it was it would be pretty boring and we would all be still using beige cases.  

Also after 7 water cooling builds done im done with it, trying to maintain them are a B****.  Im sticking with air cooling since, well now air coolers beat water cooling which is crazy.

I have to say that the card is a massive disappointment.. I was hoping for at least 8GBs of vram and at least the same performance if not better than a 980TI

before anyone keeps on fighting how many of you fighting are just talking on word of mouth and have not done water cooling? and by this not AIO ones mainly because the sound on those have been tuned out by asatek since they make just about all of them.  If you have not had first hand experience with water cooling then stop now, if you have please let it go you know the problems that can happen with water cooling itself... either the pump running at full speed or there is a leak and so on.  This is their first version of this card with aio so there will always be problems, look at linus's card coming with artifacting so things always happen, this isn't a perfect market and if it was it would be pretty boring and we would all be still using beige cases.  

Also after 7 water cooling builds done im done with it, trying to maintain them are a B****.  Im sticking with air cooling since, well now air coolers beat water cooling which is crazy.

this is much more similar to an AIO situation though. No real maintenance is required (in theory).

I have to say that the card is a massive disappointment.. I was hoping for at least 8GBs of vram and at least the same performance if not better than a 980TI

More vram would have been irrelevant at this point (trust me, I run 4k), but speed of course does matter and at the moment it's a bit disappointing. I can only hope drivers will make it better.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

you do realize that this is a new type of memory and its only at 4 gb for now plus you can't keep throwing more memory at a card more and more and not find a different way to fix it, if they keep doing it then the card will be more memory chips than die itself and then what

this is much more similar to an AIO situation though. No real maintenance is required (in theory).

More vram would have been irrelevant at this point (trust me, I run 4k), but speed of course does matter and at the moment it's a bit disappointing. I can only hope drivers will make it better.

yea its supposed to be but remember how aio's first came until corsair changed everyone's mind about it a few years ago and now everyone makes one or tries to without getting sued up their asses

Linus literally dropped the card out of his car. These things happen, who knows what had gone wrong. Maybe one of the HBM modules had lost contact to the interposer or something. That is what happens, when you launch revolutionary technology.

No way?! xD

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

This guy is a big NVIDIA fanboy lol. Get his scummy video off the channel.

You can instantly tell he is biased. I love how he says the 980ti can overclock more when he try and overclock the fury correctly...

I don't know why you'd think this. He's outright said he used to be an AMD fanboy and has tackled bullshit about AMD products before.

Jay has been pretty neutral but it's getting harder and harder to stay that way on AMD vs Nvidia/Intel.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Actually if they cost the same you absolutely can.

Not to mention it comes with it.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

The amount of fanboyism in this thread is amazing.

Keep the tears going.

Keep the tears going.

I'm not to proud to say I'm a Jayztwocents fanboi.

That's not a biased statement at all. :P

It's not, I know how AMD cards clock.

Keep the tears going.

Only problem with the tears is all the butt hurt anger that comes with it.  Then we get pages of people trying to discredit some of the most credible independent reviewers.  You know someone is hopeless fanboi when that happens.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Only problem with the tears is all the butt hurt anger that comes with it.  Then we get pages of people trying to discredit some of the most credible independent reviewers.  You know someone is hopeless fanboi when that happens.

He knows about this thread and he's laughing about it... That's the thing... 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

And as funny is that is, it's still sad that we can't have topics that discuss whats going on without all the butt hurt.  I mean is it really that hard to be impartial about hardware? is it really that hard to accept when a product or company has flaws/isn't doing well?  That is in and of itself the very definition of petulance.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And as funny is that is, it's still sad that we can't have topics that discuss whats going on without all the butt hurt.  I mean is it really that hard to be impartial about hardware? is it really that hard to accept when a product or company has flaws/isn't doing well?  That is in and of itself the very definition of petulance.

It's just not okay to talk remotely bad about AMD. Anyone else is fair game.

Does he? Did he say so anywhere? Link please :D

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's just not okay to talk remotely bad about AMD. Anyone else is fair game.

Except apple ;)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Actually the 390x is on par with 980 and Fury X is on par with 980ti, so I'd say the difference is quite the same.

What do you mean "NVidia's HBM2"? AMD invented it with SK Hynix. If anything, AMD will probably have access to HBM 2 before NVidia as well. We still haven't seen the potential of HBM yet, but I'm sure we will. Why else would NVidia want to use it as well?

There is no way Pascal is going to be 4x performance. I'm actually a bit worried about Pascal. AMD will release Greenland next year; a 14nm FinFet card with HBM 2. NVidia still hasn't landed a contract with Global Foundries, so it is not official that Pascal will be 14nm FF as well. If not, then they are forced to use TSMC's 16 nm FinFet+ technology. And knowing TSMC, that is probably going to be delayed like everything else. On top of that, NVidia has no proper experience with HBM, so Pascal might be even more delayed. It would not surprise me to see Greenland launch before Pascal.

As it stands now, Fury X is competitive with 980ti on stock. On OC, 980ti pulls off, but not all OC's. Even if they do, we still need to see what the Fury X can do when unlocked.

390X is marginally inferior to stock 980 and Fury X to 980 Ti so there is absolutely 0 reason to own either. And once OC"d both NV GPUs dominate AMD. And yes all Maxwell GPUs do OC well. 970s and 980s often hit above 1500 Mhz and 980 Tis 1450 and up. The Fury X and 390X are still based on the last-gen GCN architecture and as such won't overclock any better than the 290X, 1200Mhz is the max if your lucky.

There is so much denial in your post. It is sad. Yes Pascel will come out next-year and yes NV will widen the performance gap with AMD. 

390X is marginally inferior to stock 980 and Fury X to 980 Ti so there is absolutely 0 reason to own either.

A 970 is inferior to a 980, does that mean there's 0 reason to own one? It all comes down to whether the price is right in the end. Just wanted to clarify that.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Does he? Did he say so anywhere? Link please :D

I said there was a thread about this and people where freaking out about it, he replied saying he doesn't care.

Also saw a comment he replied to someone saying something similar saying he knew, and was laughing about it.

d9d1231093844a5e4ef87211dabddfc8.png

Not the one that he said it was funny, but still.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

A 970 is inferior to a 980, does that mean there's 0 reason to own one? It all comes down to whether the price is right in the end. Just wanted to clarify that.

Yep, for most people price is the main driver (not everyone, but most).  There is no point in arguing who developed what for how long with who.  if there is a different product on the market that meets the individuals needs at a better price then you have a winner.