How many PCs have you built?

brownninja97

Built my first PC in 2004 I think. It was an AMD Athalon XP 2500+ with a 9800 Pro. Probably had about 512mb of ram.

Second PC was an AMD Athalong 64 3200+ with an x800 XT and about 1-2gb of ram. Built it around 2005-2006.

I took a break from PC for a while and went to Mac.. Bought a Macbook Pro for college. Used them for years.

But, I just recently built another PC this year. Watercooled 4790k, GTX 770, with 8GB ram. I had an itch to build a PC for a few years and finally had the time to put one together.

two c: and neither of them have been for myself, but for my friends who didn't know what they were doing. I'm too poor to afford my own rig :c

ive only built around... 10??

does having a friend who cut two of the same motherboard in half with a steak knife and helped him do some wierd shit and ended up with a working mobo count?

i think helping making a component counts.

btw thats all bullshit up there. i just had a dream about that once.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I built 4. one for me and the rest I helped my friends with.

3 1/2

My first build

My second -which I'm using and still modding.

My daughters

and working on my bf's with him if you can count that.

And as soon as I'm done, I'm starting on my 4th, I already have the case.

0. Building my first one soon!

wish you the best of luck!

what are the specs?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

ehm i think 7 or so 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

A lot. Over the past two summers I worked at the local PC parts store (Memory Express) custom building PCs, usually one or two per day for the two months that is summer.

"Rawr XD"

Only 1 sadly enough considering I used to be a laptop kind of person in the past.

Never again going for laptops though, nothing beats unpacking all those expensive parts out of their pretty packages and building it myself.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Two. One in 2012 and the other in 2013. One was mine for a year before I sold it to my step brother and the other is still my rig and will be for some time to come. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

0. Yay!
I'm Planning to start ordering parts for my first PC Build around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and my friend needs to replace his crappy Toshiba laptop, he's either planning to buy one or let me build one for him, which I'm trying pretty hard to convince him. I might be also building a HTPC, very, very soon.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

not enough. i've built 6 and helped build a few. i would love to build some more. even just upgrading them is good.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Hello, everyone!

First time poster and long-time lurker of the forums and the youtube channels.

Having worked for 3 years in a brick-and-mortar-boutique-custom-pc-building-and-selling affair, I've built tens (hundreds?) of PCs for home or office use, a couple of serious gaming rigs (Intel X58 ftw?), and a few workstation/server grade doodads. I've had more than my fair share of cuts while handling $30 cases.

Haven't had the chance to try out watercooling as of yet and am looking into things right now to see if it has any major advantages over standard air.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

only 1 unfortunately :(

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

ive lost count lol to many but love doing it.

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

I am unsure how I should count my own PC's. I have build 3 for my friends, 1 in school for learning in a group (does that count).

Also I have build 1 for myself, and over the time changed everything but the case. Also I changed case on my first computer. So unsure if I would count this as 1, 2 or 3 :P

so between 4 and 8 : D

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Zero so far :P

but that will change soon :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-