[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

I have been playing the PC version for a few days now (just claimed my free download) and it looks really, really good.  I definitely have the rain textures on batmans head/neck. Its possible that the rain textures were left out on the starting suit but still active on the upgraded "tri-weave" suit that you get after just playing a few missions maybe? Unless of course they already patched it.

I have been playing the PC version for a few days now (just claimed my free download) and it looks really, really good.  I definitely have the rain textures on batmans head/neck. Its possible that the rain textures were left out on the starting suit but still active on the upgraded "tri-weave" suit that you get after just playing a few missions maybe? Unless of course they already patched it.

The rain textures and AO were patched in very soon after launch.

The rain textures and AO were patched in very soon after launch.

Ah, thanks.  So then what are the problems currently?  So far I haven't seen what all the fuss is about, the game is good so far, but I'm only 16% through the story.

Ah, thanks.  So then what are the problems currently?  So far I haven't seen what all the fuss is about, the game is good so far, but I'm only 16% through the story.

Bad performance, instability, 30FPS cap, more instability and generally broken things if you remove the cap, low resolution texture bug, very few graphical settings, completely unplayable on every AMD graphics card below the 290 (that issue won't be fixed since Nvidia is helping to finish the game), and some other smaller issues.

Ive finished the game on a 7970, constant fps of 45 to 60, completely playable so the last statement is wrong.

The crashing is the biggest problem for me. But maybe the accidental return to steam is an indication the patch is coming very soon. Lets hope so

I have no signature

since Nvidia is helping to finish the game), and some other smaller issues.

It will work well on both NVIDIA and AMD. Both companies probably have engineers working on it. But NVIDIA are the only ones releasing PR statements about it because they are in damage control mode.

It will work well on both NVIDIA and AMD. Both companies probably have engineers working on it. But NVIDIA are the only ones releasing PR statements about it because they are in damage control mode.

We'll see. WB didn't say anything about lowering the minimum AMD requirement in their list of goals.

We'll see. WB didn't say anything about lowering the minimum AMD requirement in their list of goals.

Did they mention lowering NVIDIA requirements?

Min requirements are often based on the limited selection of hardware they have available in house. Witcher 3 also had lopsided requirements but when it came out it performed well on AMD. Remember the issues in arkham knight are not vendor specific, most of the fixes will improve performance on both AMD and NVIDIA.

Did they mention lowering NVIDIA requirements?

Min requirements are often based on the limited selection of hardware they have available in house. Witcher 3 also had lopsided requirements but when it came out it performed well on AMD. Remember the issues in arkham knight are not vendor specific, most of the fixes will improve performance on both AMD and NVIDIA.

The Nvidia requirements are fine.

They increased the AMD minimum from the 7870 to the 7950 at the last minute. Also, do you really think that the 7950 would be the weakest AMD card they have? Either way, we'll see. It's Nvidia, so I can see them throwing some more hyper-tessellation in the code to cripple AMD. The 100 million-triangle trashcan! Maybe toss some forced PhysX in there too to pull another Project Cars (which I will never buy because of that blatant BS).

The Nvidia requirements are fine.

They increased the AMD minimum from the 7870 to the 7950 at the last minute. Also, do you really think that the 7950 would be the weakest AMD card they have? Either way, we'll see. It's Nvidia, so I can see them throwing some more hyper-tessellation in the code to cripple AMD. The 100 million-triangle trashcan! Maybe toss some forced PhysX in there too to pull another Project Cars (which I will never buy because of that blatant BS).

We'll see.

The backlash against deoptimized gameworks titles has been very strong after the events of the past ~1 year. Assassin's creed unity, watchdogs, arkham knight. On top of that NVidia's driver issues. So I have hope that NVIDIA wants to regain some good PR now rather than shoot themselves in the foot.

And let's face it at the end of the day it's Rocksteady's responsibility to put out a quality product. Not nvidia's. Although money talks the dev does have the final say. They can't shift the blame to anybody else. If they do then we have to ask the question of them; why did they accept this code?

all I know is I have had no crashing, steady FPS, am satisfied with the settings options (although they are definitely limited if you wanted to lower the settings), the graphics are stunning, and the gameplay itself is pretty slick.  I do have an nvidia card though so perhaps it is better optimized for that.

all I know is I have had no crashing, steady FPS, am satisfied with the settings options (although they are definitely limited if you wanted to lower the settings), the graphics are stunning, and the gameplay itself is pretty slick.

Ive finished the game on a 7970, constant fps of 45 to 60, completely playable

looks like it's working ok for many people. Patch has helped also.

Final release should be solid.

I miss the days when they actually had to finish a game before releasing it. 

nesSmb_zpslhuswdlj.png

Like games on the Original Xbox and Playstation 2. (Both which are very epic consoles for their age).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

• 2 weeks later...

[update]

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along. 

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch: 

• Reduced frame rate hitches 

• Optimized system memory and VRAM usage 

• Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers) 

o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB 

• More Robust In-Game Settings, including: 

o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90 

o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain 

o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value 

o Added Texture Filtering option 

o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only) 

o Added VRAM Usage Meter 

o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option 

• Fixed low resolution texture bugs 

• Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD) 

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following: 

• Skipping the boot up splash screens 

• DLC/Season Pass content 

• Additional updates such as Photo Mode 

We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues. 

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

source: https://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

Hmmm I wonder how many patches until they deem it ready to be back on sale.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

The way I'm looking at this is that the highest limit for the FPS is 90. Nothing above that officially.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The way I'm looking at this is that the highest limit for the FPS is 90. Nothing above that officially.

I assume they put a 90 fps cap on it because the engine was built around 30 fps continuously and the most they could do is patch the engine to work in multiples of the original frame rate.

Which is frankly ridiculous.

So the update, they are testing the first interim patch, and it's going live in the next few weeks?

Jeez, at this rate they might as well just release the game next year, as a GOTY version.

So the update, they are testing the first interim patch, and it's going live in the next few weeks?

Jeez, at this rate they might as well just release the game next year, as a GOTY version.

GOTY Editions stand for "Game of the Year".

Under no circumstances could you possibly say Arkham Knight is "Game of the Year", unless the award is for "Absolute shittiest and buggiest PC Release - 2015".

By releasing it under GOTY, that's misleading to consumers, as despite the uproar, you can be sure there are still many mainstream consumers who don't know about the bugs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Lmao I doubt it'll get GOTY

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

GOTY Editions stand for "Game of the Year".

Under no circumstances could you possibly say Arkham Knight is "Game of the Year", unless the award is for "Absolute shittiest and buggiest PC Release - 2015".

By releasing it under GOTY, that's misleading to consumers, as despite the uproar, you can be sure there are still many mainstream consumers who don't know about the bugs.

They better release a GOTY edition on PC, as i dont fcking have to buy the game and the season pass separately, i just can't buy season pass in India. so the only way i can buy a season pass if i go to G2a which supports debit card, which is not all that safe. i'm really holding back for a GOTY edition like asylum and city, and come on, its a marketing tactics, they only need only the reviews to give GOTY and they are gonna print those GOTY edition and sell it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

They better release a GOTY edition on PC, as i dont fcking have to buy the game and the season pass separately, i just can't buy season pass in India. so the only way i can buy a season pass if i go to G2a which supports debit card, which is not all that safe. i'm really holding back for a GOTY edition like asylum and city, and come on, its a marketing tactics, they only need only the reviews to give GOTY and they are gonna print those GOTY edition and sell it 

Sure, but they SHOULDN'T release a GOTY Edition. It might be a marketing tactic, but it's a dishonest one - massively in this case.

I would certainly approve of a "collectors edition" that included all DLC though. As long as they don't try and pass it off as GOTY.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)