A NEW NAME FOR LinusTechTips

Sammy3D

I think with a new office, a new name should come. Linus is not the only guy in LTT. When I think of LTT I think of Linus and Luke. Maybe a new name.

Linus and Luck?

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I think with a new office, a new name should come. Linus is not the only guy in LTT. When I think of LTT I think of Linus and Luck. Maybe a new name.

It operates under Linus Media Group... LTT makes sense. Plus, he started it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

its LinusMediaGroup because the Linus took his balls and made a MediaGroup, the name LTT and LMG are worth so much, and even though we all know linus's face, a new channel would take ages to get to the subscribers the main channel has now

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Why change what ain't broken?

I'm guessing that the OP meant Luke.

Because that's how you move forward

Because that's how you move forward

I think that the new office is moving forward enough. Besides, the brand has already been established, basically everyone in the PC enthusiast space is familiar with LinusTechTips.

Linus Media Group because LMG sounds like MLG and that's dope as fuck! :DxD

I think that the new office is moving forward enough. Besides, the brand has already been established, basically everyone in the PC enthusiast space is familiar with LinusTechTips.

So, how can the world move forward if we're all scared to make changes

I think with a new office, a new name should come. Linus is not the only guy in LTT. When I think of LTT I think of Linus and Luck. Maybe a new name.

Why, and ruin brand recognition?

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

untitle.JPG

Exactly

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

So, how can the world move forward if we're all scared to make changes

Looks like you want change for the sake of change, which is never good. Again, why fix what ain't broke? Everyone knows the Linus Media Group and LinusTechTips, and changing that would cause confusion.

Looks like you want change for the sake of change, which is never good. Again, why fix what ain't broke? Everyone knows the Linus Media Group and LinusTechTips, and changing that would cause confusion.

But it's not gust Linus. Luke is also the face of LTT and LMG

But it's not gust Linus. Luke is also the face of LTT and LMG

And do you ever see him or anyone else in the LMG complaining about it being "Linus" Media Group even though there's also a Luke, Taran, Brandon, Edzel and two Nicks?

I think that the general consensus in this thread is "no". So will they rebrand? No.

To be honest I don't see why it's necessary... I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of naming a company after the creator or founder, just look at other names like Anandtech, Disney, Ford or any company named after it's founder, it's quite common to do this and I don't see anything wrong with that.

On the other hand, name changes or rebrands can have positive effects in some cases, and many companies have done this, some have even changed names multiple times throughout their history, not always has this practise been successful though, it really depends and it's sometimes difficult to tell if a change like that will be widely accepted or not.

Overall it's up the them to decide what they want to do with their brand name and image.

Linus and Luke are the face of LTT and with the new office we don't know how many more people may be part of the face of LTT. For all we LTT hires me and I do most of the video and Luke dose the rest. Y call it Linus's tech tips

A name change is best done before it becomes a household name. Besides people don't like something because of its name. If the name was "Linus4273830" I would watch the same amount of video...

this is the stupidest post ever! Linus isn't changing the name, it's his brand. "Moving forward" WTF is that??!! The new office is all he needs to do for us to think he's "moving forward". You're full of shitty ideas mate. 

I would not classify Luke as a "face" of LMG, yeah he is in some videos but he is not as important as Linus, who started the whole thing.

Keep your ideas to yourself mate.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400