Why do people/companies care about feminists' opinions?

I think feminism, the idea that women should be treated equally as men, is great and everyone should support it. But then, there are Feminazis like Anita Sarkeesian or whatever who give feminists a bad name by taking it too far.

Well, judging by your profile picture, I'm sure you support feminism 110% m80.

Women are designed for certain tasking as is the same as men. Men are structurally made to perform labor intensive tasks, women are structural designed to have children. Women in the military? wont go there here.

I will

there are alot of tasks in the military that women are perfect for....combat solider isn't one

Very true. Women were allowed to allowed to apply for the Rangers. Not a single one of them made it into the program. Women aren't built for as much physical activity, it's an undeniable fact of life...

Well, judging by your profile picture, I'm sure you support feminism 110% m80.

Is there something wrong with my avatar?

Is there something wrong with my avatar?

Lol, nothing wrong with it, just a joke bruh.

Lol, nothing wrong with it, just a joke bruh.

oh, hahah ok

From what I heard, women don't get paid as much as men (for the same job) in the USA.

I don't understand why that rule even exists, and obviously I think they should be equal in that regard.

A lot of people (that I've seen in youtube comments and various other places) don't know what feminism is.

Feminism is wanting equality for women such as the example I said above.

Feminism is not putting females on a pedestal and saying 'because we're females we deserve this and you don't'

Men and women are completely different beings. You can't treat apples and oranges like the exact same piece of fruit.

You can't demand to have more women in a laborious environment because 'equality', that's not how it works.

Women have their own strengths and weaknesses, and same with men.

On top of those strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes come into play, and this creates dominant gender jobs.

Example: in a beauty therapy degree, the majority of students will be women, and in a carpentry trade the majority will be men.

When it comes to fashion, women can't blame men for objectifying women or forcing a standard for them to have to look good or dress a certain way in order to be deemed 'acceptable'.

From my knowledge women have created that themselves when you look at all the pop stars and their music videos of them being half naked and doing erotic dancing.

My mum works at an after school care place and she saw a very young girl (aged around 6-10) imitating a burlesque dance that she saw from a music video, and she said it was disgusting.

Pop stars are basically teaching the young girls that it's ok to do all this stuff (a bit of a close minded sentence but you get the idea)

I could go on for ages but everyone here will be tl:dr

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

From what I heard, women don't get paid as much as men (for the same job) in the USA.

I don't understand why that rule even exists, and obviously I think they should be equal in that regard.

That's actually entirely feminist propaganda, but whatever.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

That's actually entirely feminist propaganda, but whatever.

EDIT: so it's not even true?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

so is that what it's all about?

EDIT: so it's not even true?

It's misleading misinformation. I suggest you watch the video on page 2, very informative, I learned quite a bit.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

It's misleading misinformation. I suggest you watch the video on page 2, very informative, I learned quite a bit.

oh wow, so everyone in america is just complaining about unequal pay for almost no reason.

If that's the case, then that argument will go on until the end of time.

oh wow, so everyone in america is just complaining about unequal pay for almost no reason.

pretty much

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Women are designed for certain tasking as is the same as men. Men are structurally made to perform labor intensive tasks, women are structural designed to have children. Women in the military? wont go there here.

I will

there are alot of tasks in the military that women are perfect for....combat solider isn't one

My exact sentiments. I just didn't want to get into it.  ;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

A lot of people (that I've seen in youtube comments and various other places) don't know what feminism is.

Feminism is wanting equality for women such as the example I said above.

Feminism is not putting females on a pedestal and saying 'because we're females we deserve this and you don't'

Men and women are completely different beings. You can't treat apples and oranges like the exact same piece of fruit.

You can't demand to have more women in a laborious environment because 'equality', that's not how it works.

Women have their own strengths and weaknesses, and same with men.

On top of those strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes come into play, and this creates dominant gender jobs.

Example: in a beauty therapy degree, the majority of students will be women, and in a carpentry trade the majority will be men.

When it comes to fashion, women can't blame men for objectifying women or forcing a standard for them to have to look good or dress a certain way in order to be deemed 'acceptable'.

From my knowledge women have created that themselves when you look at all the pop stars and their music videos of them being half naked and doing erotic dancing.

My mum works at an after school care place and she saw a very young girl (aged around 6-10) imitating a burlesque dance that she saw from a music video, and she said it was disgusting.

Pop stars are basically teaching the young girls that it's ok to do all this stuff (a bit of a close minded sentence but you get the idea)

I could go on for ages but everyone here will be tl:dr

Your post is a contradiction.

Women do not make a different wage compared to men it is not legal in the US. Did you see the video posted? There are 3 distinct Federal level laws besides each individual state with their own laws that are place to prevent this. Show me that this exists. I have never worked a job were this has occurred. Women and men make the same wage in the same job position, this arguement is exhaustive and unnecessary. 

Feminism is not about equality for women, women's rights is, please go back and read the post I made.

Feminism is exactly about "putting females on a pedestal and saying 'because we're females we deserve this and you don't  You even go on to say the opposite this in you next paragraph.

Fashion - You are more or less correct here, celebrities have way to much of an influence but then again the media puts them there, I don't watch TV any more nor do we subscribe to shit magazines to keep this influence out of our house and away from our children.

Do not listen to the current generation of politicians this country has as it pushes any agenda it can to gain more 'oversight' over its citizens.

I apologize if I hurt feelings here but ignorance/miss-information on this subject is rampant and I will go so far as to say that Feminists look for this to continue.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Pretty much

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Welcome to 2015: Where racism and or sexism are no longer the popular societal norm (compared to the 19.....lets say 80's and everything before), now playing the victim is.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because they know Feminists have the eyes and ears of millions of women and if they cater to the Fembots, they get the millions of women involved. Which means more money for them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If you disagree with any part of the leftist agenda you will be called bigoted, misogynist racist homophobe etc. Very few people have the fortitude of a Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity or Glen Beck. What we see the left doing today IMHO is simular to what what happened in Europe in the 30's

I also know this opinion will result in multiple reports to ops and complaints and efforts to have me banned.

If you compare concerned women for america to NOW the conservative group has much higher numbers but are never heard in media but NOW is a tiny group and treated like they speak for all women.

Tammy Bruce left as the California chapter president of NOW when she was ordered to shut up about OJ killing his ex wife. While I disagree with her on baby killing and stuff I respect her a great deal and would encourage others to hear what she has to say.

Because feminists are people too. People, with jobs, have money and buy things too. There's also the fact that progress is seen as good by a majority of the population and many of them associate feminism with progress.

The feminists you chose in the first post are the minority of feminists, but they're certainly the most vocal.

My two cents:

They listen, just to shut them (the pseudofeminists, extremists, and outright androgynists) up...

Because not enough people call "bullshit" on their stunts and claims and are bullied into accepting their views. It really is that simple when it comes to political correctness: you just don't wanna risk being ridicule by a loud mouth entitled person that plays on the sympathies of people with actual fucking problems and struggles.

-------

Current Rig

-------

My take on this is that if women want to close the small wage gap, then they need to start stepping up to the plate. I would like nothing more than to have as equalized a workforce as possible, however it's not the men that are going to make that happen, it's the women themselves. I'm all for gender equality. I'm not really someone who bothers much with gender differences. The reason is because I'm a pretty scrawny dude. I'm not a construction worker, I'm not a weightlifter, I don't excercise that much. My interests and talents are very much in fields where tighter vocal cords, lower overall muscle mass and a more complicated reproductive system literally have less than nothing to do with the matter. It's in those sorts of jobs where all the money is being made these days. Gender differences are (in theory, anyway) essentially meaningless when a girl and a guy are working on equal footing. The only problem left to solve is behaviour. Instead of defensively pulling your arms in with your hands close to your chest, relax your freaking shoulders. If someone starts being stupid, don't slap them, ball your fists and kick their ass. If you want a job in a technical field or something like that, then don't expect to get it because you're a woman, chase after the job because you're qualified for it. Work at it, if you really want the job that much, then you'll do whatever it takes to get it. Dammit, these conversations make me wish I were a girl so that I could show you exactly what I mean, because words alone don't cut it, they just make it confusing... @_@

Your post is a contradiction.

Women do not make a different wage compared to men it is not legal in the US. Did you see the video posted? There are 3 distinct Federal level laws besides each individual state with their own laws that are place to prevent this. Show me that this exists. I have never worked a job were this has occurred. Women and men make the same wage in the same job position, this arguement is exhaustive and unnecessary. 

Feminism is not about equality for women, women's rights is, please go back and read the post I made.

Feminism is exactly about "putting females on a pedestal and saying 'because we're females we deserve this and you don't  You even go on to say the opposite this in you next paragraph.

Fashion - You are more or less correct here, celebrities have way to much of an influence but then again the media puts them there, I don't watch TV any more nor do we subscribe to shit magazines to keep this influence out of our house and away from our children.

Do not listen to the current generation of politicians this country has as it pushes any agenda it can to gain more 'oversight' over its citizens.

I apologize if I hurt feelings here but ignorance/miss-information on this subject is rampant and I will go so far as to say that Feminists look for this to continue.

no feelings hurt.

I basically got the definition of feminism from the google search: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=Feminism&es_th=1

I may have worded it wrong, but from the definition I read from google, I was just saying feminism is 'supposed' to be about equal rights for women but as you know, that's not how people are going about it, they're putting them on a pedestal and basically making men feel bad about themselves in the name of feminism.

I'm a tad drunk right now so it might not make sense what I said. I suck at words.

None of what you said seems like they were trying to appeal to feminists, it just sounds like they're trying to appeal to girls.

I don't give a crap if women aren't equal...they aren't equal...and men aren't equal either

2 totally different humans

and people need to stop treating women and men like they are equal....

and yes I know there are men feminist to

they are just are moronic

men and women evolved to fulfill different evolutionary roles

people who are religious don't seem to even realize this

also...people need to learn that life is unfair...F'ING DEAL WITH IT

Way to miss the point. It's about abolishing discrimination, and having equal opportunities wherever possible. It's not about having the world see women and men as exactly the same thing, because we are different. But most of time those differences are completely irrelevant, but they still have a huge amount of influence in the how women are treated. That's what needs to be corrected. Maybe you should stop talking about this subject until you understand it.