Why do people/companies care about feminists' opinions?

because femen

Oh no, a naked girl. Throw a sheet over it quickly before people have to see it! :P

None of what you said seems like they were trying to appeal to feminists, it just sounds like they're trying to appeal to girls.

Way to miss the point. It's about abolishing discrimination, and equal opportunities wherever possible. It's not about having the world see women and men as exactly the same thing, because we are different. But most of time those differences are completely irrelevant, but they still have a huge amount of influence in the how women are treated. That's what needs to be corrected. Maybe you should stop talking about this subject until you understand it.

^This. Although in my humble opinion I think differences that have been created by the social norms that have been built up should be ignored. Men and women are different, but I think that they're two equally important halves of a whole and that there's a huge amount of overlap in potential abilities and proficiencies. I don't know if it's a psychological problem with me, but I don't see girls as being all that different other than physically and perhaps mentally (although I think that's also been built up by a load of psuedo-religious nonsense). If those very few differences play a role somewhere then okay, fine. In anything else, like programming or design or something along those lines, I think gender differences should play no factor in any degree, and that women who take up those fields should be welcomed and treated just like any other worker.

^This. Although in my humble opinion I think differences that have been created by the social norms that have been built up should be ignored. Men and women are different, but I think that they're two equally important halves of a whole and that there's a huge amount of overlap in potential abilities and proficiencies. I don't know if it's a psychological problem with me, but I don't see girls as being all that different other than physically and perhaps mentally (although I think that's also been built up by a load of psuedo-religious nonsense). If those very few differences play a role somewhere then okay, fine. In anything else, like programming or design or something along those lines, I think gender differences should play no factor in any degree, and that women who take up those fields should be welcomed and treated just like any other worker.

You put it far better than I could have. :D

• 3 months later...

Its the OPPRESSION OLYMPICS!

It should be 'EQUALITY' not 'FEMINISM' that women fight for.

Modern day 'FEMINISTS' in the USA, do not fight for EQUALITY, it's Misandry.

Feminism is supposed to be for women's equality, but what happens when women have equality already in USA?

Women are actually the gender that is more 'privileged'.

They should focus their complaints at countries that actually are oppressing women.

Chooser of the Slain