AMD Project Quantum

ahhming

Really people? Not a single Quantum Leap joke? Not even a pun on the opening credits? Not a single "AMD finds themselves leaping from platform to platform, putting things slightly less right than what they were before, and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap to cards that are not rebranded"? I am disappointed in all of you.

All Quantum Leap puns aside, if this thing is nothing else, it is at the very least unique. 

PS: I am not a fanboy, just thought i would point that out. I gave Nvidia the flak they deserved on their new Shield Console, since this thing is a direct parallel to the hype Nvidia used on 3/3/15. Remember? That event that was going to change gaming forever? Yeah, that was funny. 

please don't hurt me for making a joke

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Since when had Apple made anything themselves?

but they could buy them from someone else than their first competitor...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I want to see the new I phone use a Texas instrument processor, that would be something to laugh my at, the sad thing would be that they would still sell millions.

they'd sell millions if it had a pentium 4 in it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe if they stop spending so much r&d on irrelevant things like this they can make some decent GPUs that aren't rebrands of the last card which was already a rebrand of the one before that.

Ye ole' train

It also can fly, by the look of it, a single fan cooling two fijis ...

It's over 9000!

(RPM)

CPU : i5 4570 MB : MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate (MS-7850) RAM : Kingston 4x4 1600 GPU : Radeon HD 6670 SSD : samsung 840 PRO PSU : Corsair CX500

It sure is ugly, although it goes without saying "it probably runs like a raped ape". 8192 SPUs is just ridiculous amounts of graphics horsepower. This thing is truly a little closet super computer all its own. I just cannot get over the fact that it houses 128 compute units.

It sure is ugly, although it goes without saying "it probably runs like a raped ape". 8192 SPUs is just ridiculous amounts of graphics horsepower. This thing is truly a little closet super computer all its own. I just cannot get over the fact that it houses 128 compute units.

I hope they pair it with something insane like a overclocked 4790K or 5960X.

I hope they pair it with something insane like a overclocked 4790K or 5960X.

I would take it to lan parties in a small cardboard box. And run Fraps as everyone sits and scratches their head like wtf is in there.  ^_^

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

@Humbug seems like a intel mounting

I haven't seen such a bottleneck with a 3 or 4 290x's with a 9350. Todays games are much more limited gpu wise. What people don't realize is that once you start ramping up graphics settings and resolution, the cpu which usually handles physics or ai, isn't working THAT much harder than it would on lower settings.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I saw Intel...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

it's not like apple doesn't use samsung parts :P

But isn't it like direct/head on competitor? 

Plus they are saying our high end CPU is inferior,to the consumers directly in a way 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

showing that even they use intel might be the final blow to the fx lineup.

What are you talking about, the FX lineup is gone a long time ago. You don't "deal blows" to obsolete equipment.

"Oh no this new Fury card is going to deal a massive blow to my VoodooFX" :(

Just because you can go and buy it doesn't mean that 99.5% of people don't know better.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

But isn't it like direct/head on competitor? 

Plus they are saying our high end CPU is inferior,to the consumers directly in a way 

intel is amd's competitor in the wame way that samsung is apple's competitor - it doesn't matter that they're not the only ones. This is also a product built around their graphics hardware, so it's acceptable for them to use an intel cpu.

And yes, they are pretty much aknowledging their cpus aren't good enough. But people with a high enough budget to buy something like this probably wouldn't go with AMD cpus anyway. It's no secret that high end intel cpus outperform AMD ones, but that doesn't mean necessarily that amd cpus don't offer decent value for the price. It's just a nice display of sanity from AMD.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What are you talking about, the FX lineup is gone a long time ago. You don't "deal blows" to obsolete equipment.

"Oh no this new Fury card is going to deal a massive blow to my VoodooFX" :(

Just because you can go and buy it doesn't mean that 99.5% of people don't know better.

And yet they still sell some FX cpus. Some revenue is better than none.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I haven't seen such a bottleneck with a 3 or 4 290x's with a 9350. Todays games are much more limited gpu wise. What people don't realize is that once you start ramping up graphics settings and resolution, the cpu which usually handles physics or ai, isn't working THAT much harder than it would on lower settings.

@Faceman can show you everything you need to know.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

@martinrox1568

That's only at Ultra 4k. And still, some games/settings rely on strong single core performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

intel is amd's competitor in the wame way that samsung is apple's competitor - it doesn't matter that they're not the only ones. This is also a product built around their graphics hardware, so it's acceptable for them to use an intel cpu.

And yes, they are pretty much aknowledging their cpus aren't good enough. But people with a high enough budget to buy something like this probably wouldn't go with AMD cpus anyway. It's no secret that high end intel cpus outperform AMD ones, but that doesn't mean necessarily that amd cpus don't offer decent value for the price. It's just a nice display of sanity from AMD.

Ooooo~

It does make sense if I look it,from that perspective 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||