Is it ?? Well we will have to find out.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

When will the Vessel video be up? Late as usual?

Edit: That would be now. Yay!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

for AMD it might be...but ROG SWIFT does so much right, it's hard to imagine it getting topped...

EDIT: Please don't comment that the comparison is unfair, These seem to be competetors for each other, seeing that one is G-Sync and the other one is FreeSync. But ROG SWIFT has a really great panel inside, and it looks pretty good while it's at it. BenQ monitors never impress me in terms of how they look...But BenQ does one thing right: They want you to be focused on the screen, not really on the bezels and some goddy LEDs on the stand and that sort of thing. But with ROG SWIFT, something like that makes people want to look twice, and think "whoa, that's a cool monitor", whereas with BenQ you take one look and you're thinking "hmm, looks like almost every other monitor ever, that means it's boring". I know, however, that looks aren't everything (I wish women understood this...) and BenQ's displays get a lot right, especially in the panels they use. But Asus does a lot right too, the panel, and the looks, and the fit and finish is top notch, seeing that Asus, (at least in their high end stuff) really pays attention to what needs to be sturdy, even if there's some plastic here and there, it's usually some good stuff.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

When will the Vessel video be up? Late as usual?

Edit: That would be now. Yay!

"As usual" is a bit of an aggressive way to put it ;)

Vessel videos usually go up a bit before or a bit after YT videos. Depends how much time I have in the evening. I'd say it's about 50/50, maybe I'm wrong though.

for AMD it might be...but ROG SWIFT does so much right, it's hard to imagine it getting topped...

EDIT: Please don't comment that the comparison is unfair, These seem to be competetors for each other, seeing that one is G-Sync and the other one is FreeSync. But ROG SWIFT has a really great panel inside, and it looks pretty good while it's at it. BenQ monitors never impress me in terms of how they look...But BenQ does one thing right: They want you to be focused on the screen, not really on the bezels and some goddy LEDs on the stand and that sort of thing. But with ROG SWIFT, something like that makes people want to look twice, and think "whoa, that's a cool monitor", whereas with BenQ you take one look and you're thinking "hmm, looks like almost every other monitor ever, that means it's boring". I know, however, that looks aren't everything (I wish women understood this...) and BenQ's displays get a lot right, especially in the panels they use. But Asus does a lot right too, the panel, and the looks, and the fit and finish is top notch, seeing that Asus, (at least in their high end stuff) really pays attention to what needs to be sturdy, even if there's some plastic here and there, it's usually some good stuff.

The new Acer 144hz gsync IPS 1440p monitor seems to top the rog swift in my opinion. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

That would make a nice nice centre screen.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind why the shots of Linus talking are flipped? Was quite strange and unsettling to see the kitchen the wrong way around haha  :)

I've been considering this against the Acer XG270HU, which is the TN-paneled little brother of the XB270HU. Apparently the pricing has changed since last I checked, now the Acer is something like 130€ cheaper, it used to be over 200 a while ago. I'd like to make the switch to 1440p from 1080p, and having a 144Hz monitor at the moment, there's no going back.  ;) Although my 290X probably won't get the most use out of such a monitor, but I'll eventually upgrade it as well.

Anyways, ramblings aside, any opinions between the two? Any chance LMG could get their collective hands on the cheaper Acer as well?

Lol why is the benchmark stuttering almost the entire video? 

Glad I'm not the only one noticing the monitor stuttering like ass.

If that's the performance I can expect out of a canned benchmark, it'd render most games I play unplayable.

Pass.

You mention the specs really fast with no written information on the video.

You can't just misstreat the most important part so much.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I just wish I knew how Benq is going to handle the strobing problems.

They already released a firmware to fix the overdrive (AMA) in freesync mode, but they completely neglected to fix the strobing bugs.  I can understand 60hz not single strobing, but as Linus mentioned in the video, 100hz strobing synced to 120hz instead of 100hz is a really massive bug.  (60hz also strobes at 120hz, but since its strobing at one every 2 refreshes, it doesn't look quite as awful as 100hz at 120hz pulses.  It would have made more sense for Benq to fix the strobe issues and the AMA issues in the same firmware upgrade. 

I assume since I'm mentioned in the Linus video (8 minutes) and Benq is surely going to take notice, how are they going to deal with the next firmware update to fix blur reduction at lower than 120hz refresh rate?  I don't think people are going to want to send monitors back to benq a second time...

I'm going to contact Chief Blur Buster about this.

Lol why is the benchmark stuttering almost the entire video? 

Linus posted in the comment section of that video:

"The bench was running on a 970m. Has nothing to do with the monitor but yeah I'm annoyed it was lagging. It normally doesn't"

Why was he using an Nvidia GPU to run a demo on a Freesync monitor? Why was the stutter left in the video? This was a very bad representation of AMD tech and those scenes really should have been reshot using an AMD GPU that does freesync, or at the very least with a GPU that would cause hte video to stutter.

Rock On!

Linus posted in the comment section of that video:

"The bench was running on a 970m. Has nothing to do with the monitor but yeah I'm annoyed it was lagging. It normally doesn't"

Why was he using an Nvidia GPU to run a demo on a Freesync monitor? Why was the stutter left in the video? This was a very bad representation of AMD tech and those scenes really should have been reshot using an AMD GPU that does freesync, or at the very least with a GPU that would cause hte video to stutter.

If I saw this video and had no idea it was running a 970 I'd never look at freesync again. It's a horrible misrepresentation of the product. I'm actually a little mad at Linus for doing that or at the very least letting it get out there like that. 

Me too mate, I think its extremely misleading. I also think a lot of people in the green team are getting a bit worried about how good Freesync actually is in everyday use and are trying to throw water on the fire before it spreads.

How many people are gonna say "Oh Look, its running on an Nvidia 970m and its stuttering" of course they are not. They are going to think its AMD and Freesync and its stuttering. Linus was completely wrong to do this and not say anything about it on the video. It's almost like he was doing it on purpose as he has been known to be a big Nvidia Fanboy. I think it also gives Linus credibility a serious kicking that he has done this.

LINUS THIS IS WRONG AND YOU KNOWS IT!!!!!

Give the red team a level playing field.

Kind Regards Always

Mayo

Me too mate, I think its extremely misleading. I also think a lot of people in the green team are getting a bit worried about how good Freesync actually is in everyday use and are trying to throw water on the fire before it spreads.

How many people are gonna say "Oh Look, its running on an Nvidia 970m and its stuttering" of course they are not. They are going to think its AMD and Freesync and its stuttering. Linus was completely wrong to do this and not say anything about it on the video. It's almost like he was doing it on purpose as he has been known to be a big Nvidia Fanboy. I think it also gives Linus credibility a serious kicking that he has done this.

LINUS THIS IS WRONG AND YOU KNOWS IT!!!!!

Give the red team a level playing field.

If I saw this video and had no idea it was running a 970 I'd never look at freesync again. It's a horrible misrepresentation of the product. I'm actually a little mad at Linus for doing that or at the very least letting it get out there like that. 

Did you even listen to his positive evaluation of this monitor's freesync capability?

The demo was running so poorly at some points that the only reasonable conclusion is that Linus was using a video card of insufficient performance for the demo. It's not the monitor's fault, and you shouldn't have assumed that it was.

Did you even listen to his positive evaluation of this monitor's freesync capability?

The demo was running so poorly at some points that the only reasonable conclusion is that Linus was using a video card of insufficient performance for the demo. It's not the monitor's fault, and you shouldn't have assumed that it was.

You can tell me one thing but if I obviously see another with my own eyes I tend to believe that. There are two things wrong with this setup. Why was he even using an nvidia card when talking about freesync? I'm sure they have to have at least one or two AMD card there laying around with all the other junk they have. Also, if you can't take the time to put a legit card in to show off a feature for a video that you're getting paid for, for a monitor that was given to your for free for the sole purpose of showing off this new technology, that's pretty shitty. 

I'm sure Linus didn't do it on purpose and it was probably because they were short staffed due to computex but still, pretty big mistake if you ask me.