Would you take a computer for free if...

SIGSEGV

If someone built an awesome computer for you (so around about a 4.5Ghz 8-core, 32GB of RAM, 980Ti let's say), free of charge on the condition that they run their server on it 24/7 would you take it?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

If someone built an awesome computer for you (so around about a 4.5Ghz 8-core, 32GB of RAM, 980Ti let's say), free of charge on the condition that they run their server on it 24/7 would you take it?

Nope. Simply because it costs too much electricity.

yes. because I too would use it as a server to manage my server needs. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

What kind of server.

Nope. Simply because it costs too much electricity.

what, no it doesn't. Depends on the server, but it doesn't.

But i can't do anything on it if it is running  a server.

Run your own stuff on it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yeah you can, it'll just have the server running in the background

What kind of server.

A Node.js HTTP-chat server with about a maximum of 60 users on at once

A Node.js HTTP-chat server with about a maximum of 60 users on at once

Can't imagine chat server being very demanding.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well whatever happens, you will restart the pc now and then anyway (updates, programs, whatever)

So maybe it's better to take the pc, and build a cheap server to run it's server on that?

Then you get actually a high-end pc for the price of a slow cheapo server :3

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

What eight core CPU are you talking about?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, because once they give it to me it is my property and I delete the server.

But you agreed on the condition.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes, because once they give it to me it is my property and I delete the server.

If you agree to run it as a server and you delete it you breached the contract.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

But the computer is mine, it isn't a contract from a federal court just some random giving me a pc.

You're assuming they didn't write up a contract for you to sign.

If you agree to run it as a server and you delete it you breached the contract.

From how it is worded there is no contract just some guy asking if you want a pc and if so will you run my server.

You're assuming they didn't write up a contract for you to sign.

"Under the condition", not "under the contract". I'm assuming not you are assuming yes.

But the computer is mine, it isn't a contract from a federal court just some random giving me a pc.

Let's say that breach of contract loads a crypto-clone to memory

It's called a verbal contract. Which is still something that can be used in court. Also this wouldn't go to a federal court. You'd likely be in a small claims court. Verbal contracts are still legally binding.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Well, since it is a chat server you could take the GPU out and put another cheap one in without affecting the server's performance. If it has an iGPU then even better. 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

It's called a verbal contract. Which is still something that can be used in court. Also this wouldn't go to a federal court. You'd likely be in a small claims court. Verbal contracts are still legally binding.

The incident would need a few bystanders and/or a recording for what you say to happen.

Let's say that breach of contract loads a crypto-clone to memory

Then I would use the parts wanted from that PC and switch them with mine, he said with the computer he gave me a.k.a the tower he gave with parts in it, because the individual parts just give the pc meaning but are in no way attached to stay in the tower he gave me.

I would probably take the machine sell it on eBay then build another one with the same specs from the money I made on ebay. Simple...!

Hello