Would you take a computer for free if...

SIGSEGV

Yes, just limit their server so it can only use <1% of system resources

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

The incident would need a few bystanders and/or a recording for what you say to happen.

Actually not if your a major in simpler terms an adult you automatically have an obligation to perform in terms of the contract whether it's verbal or tacit so basically if you take the computer but don't run the server you can be held accountable.

Depends. Is it an AMD CPU and will I be paying for the electricity to power it? If the answer to either of those questions is yes, I will not go within ten miles of it.

Actually not if your a major in simpler terms an adult you automatically have an obligation to perform in terms of the contract whether it's verbal or tacit so basically if you take the computer but don't run the server you can be held accountable.

If there is no proof I agreed to run the server, there is no case, simple as that. Also I am 15 so I am not legally an adult yet so your argument is even further invalid.

If there is no proof I agreed to run the server, there is no case, simple as that. Also I am 15 so I am not legally an adult yet so your argument is even further invalid.

Not the case at all. The legitimacy of a verbal contract is for a judge to decide, that's why it's a verbal contract. The fact that you're 15, doesn't make their argument invalid at all; legally, you can still be held responsible... I believe from the age of 10 years old you can be held responsible actually. 

Not the case at all. The legitimacy of a verbal contract is for a judge to decide, that's why it's a verbal contract. The fact that you're 15, doesn't make their argument invalid at all; legally, you can still be held responsible... I believe from the age of 10 years old you can be held responsible actually.

He said as an adult, that's what makes HIS argument invalid because I am not legally an adult yet, I know you can be convicted at the age of 10 or so.

He said as an adult, that's what makes HIS argument invalid because I am not legally an adult yet, I know you can be convicted at the age of 10 or so.

So you are saying you are too young to enter into the contract, Ok then the guy can take you to court for the return of the computer, something they can likely prove they bought. They can also be a jerk and have you charged with theft, unless you want to consent that you did enter into the contract which you violated and we are back to you handing over the computer.

dude wtf. just stop, you're trying to argue it wont be binding to you, which doesn't matter to the situation at all. 

OP, id do it, as its not very demanding and you would probably not even notice. is this a real situation? because seems to good to be true

So you are saying you are too young to enter into the contract, Ok then the guy can take you to court for the return of the computer, something they can likely prove they bought. They can also be a jerk and have you charged with theft, unless you want to consent that you did enter into the contract which you violated and we are back to you handing over the computer.

It's not theft if the guy handed the pc over to me.

dude wtf. just stop, you're trying to argue it wont be binding to you, which doesn't matter to the situation at all. 

OP, id do it, as its not very demanding and you would probably not even notice. is this a real situation? because seems to good to be true

If it doesn't matter why does everyone bring it up?

ITT: People getting super mad over an unrealistic and imaginary scenario.

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

I'm guessing you're talking about like a server that runs with in an OS, in that case as long as they're not doing anything illegal (as it would be in my possession and connected to my internet) I guess it's cool. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Stop being stubborn. You're making all of the other 15 year-olds on the forum look bad ;)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

No, It would cost electricity and I would probably get DDoS'd not to mention running a server would probably suck up all my internet so online gaming would be frustrating with a ping of 800+. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Stop being stubborn. You're making all of the other 15 year-olds on the forum look bad ;)

How is this my problem, when everyone else made it as a big deal when it is a imaginary scenario.

I would ask them what are they selling/hosting and see if its worth the risk. :D

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

How is this my problem, when everyone else made it as a big deal when it is a imaginary scenario.

I'm kidding dude

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Not the case at all. The legitimacy of a verbal contract is for a judge to decide, that's why it's a verbal contract. The fact that you're 15, doesn't make their argument invalid at all; legally, you can still be held responsible... I believe from the age of 10 years old you can be held responsible actually.

Your parents themselves doesn't even need to know the exact details about the contract they only need to basically know it exists and it's main elements so you're stepping into hot water that's all I can say.

If someone built an awesome computer for you (so around about a 4.5Ghz 8-core, 32GB of RAM, 980Ti let's say), free of charge on the condition that they run their server on it 24/7 would you take it?

Yes because I've got an i5 4440, a motherboard that takes 32GB Ram, Win 7 Pro and a GTX 650ti that could be bumped down a rig, with my 970 becoming my dedicated folding card.

Edit: A server doesn't need a high end graphics card, so the 650ti would go in it. And I'd be fine sticking with 16GB RAM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You can't prove  he handed it over to you anymore than he can prove you agreed to certain conditions, and as he has the receipts for the components (all of which are uniquely identifiable as THE ones he purchased) so you either admit that you broke terms or are charged with theft, regardless you can be held legally accountable for your dickery in this hypothetical scenario.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Back to your point... prove it.

Server?

Rendering machine yes. B)

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

@kdmb13

I haven't read through the entire argument, and I know you're arguing your point, but you guys are arguing over a hypothetical crime that doesn't even exist....