Would you take a computer for free if...

SIGSEGV

If I can load something parallel to that server of theirs and they foot part of the operating expenses, then why not...

Hell no! My ISP could kick me out because running a server isn't allowed and they could run illegal stuff on the server which could cause a house search by the police.

No, my internet is slow enough as it is.

Yea because I still live with my parents #Fail #NotMovingOut #NotPayingBills #Oreo

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

@kdmb13

I haven't read through the entire argument, and I know you're arguing your point, but you guys are arguing over a hypothetical crime that doesn't even exist....

Thank you...Finally someone that isn't being ignorant about this fake situation. I mean I know this would never happen to me anyways because in a 10 mile radius of me I would say there are a few PC enthusiasts so no random guy is just going to come up to me with a beast pc.

Yes, and I'd probably enjoy hearing him complain about running a server on a 7/1 internet connection.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I would make a crappy pc and run the server on that one, he probably wouldn't know/see a difference or figure it out. If he did, I would say its so you have a dedicated one which won't have shutdowns.

A Node.js HTTP-chat server with about a maximum of 60 users on at once

Yep! I would, NodeJS is ULTRA low resources consumption, you just need to not restart the pc without asking the admin. But yeah, 60 people chat is not demandin

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

If someone built an awesome computer for you (so around about a 4.5Ghz 8-core, 32GB of RAM, 980Ti let's say), free of charge on the condition that they run their server on it 24/7 would you take it?

LOL. No. First, my current gaming PC is about as powerful anyways, second, if you give me a machine, it's none of your business what I use it for. It's MINE.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.