[WCCF][NO Rumour it seems] AMD Fury(all variants) specs confirmed?

SOURCE: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-fury-x-specs-fiji/

Yeah, I think the picture says it all....

post-78575-0-09222800-1433874930_thumb.j

======================================================

Some additions though:

Today we’re bringing you the confirmed specs for AMD’s upcoming Fiji powered enthusiast graphics cards. The Radeon Fury X and Radeon Fury. We’ve been working very closely with our sources to confirm the specifications for AMD’s upcoming Fury X, powered by the Fiji XT GPU, and Fury powered by the Fiji Pro GPU.

How close could they get I wonder....because they always say they're very, very close.

The card is based on Fiji XT, the fully unlocked variant of the Fiji GPU.

So that there are no doubts (like the 290X case).

Fury X is faster than the R9 290X by a minimum of 54%. Which brings us to the second major improvement. Fury X achieves this performance improvement with a TDP that’s a meager 10W higher. Which makes Fury X 48% more power efficient than AMD’s previous single GPU flagship the R9 290X, which is quite remarkable.

Hmm, 54% doesn't tell us an exact FPS number for games, but I think it gives us a rough idea of the performance.

AMD’s reference air cooler for Fury X and Fury is actually quite beefy. And will keep the chips cool even with an overclock. The cooler features three axial fans blowing air onto a large heatsink.

The reference cooler seems to be similar as far as design is concerned with GB Windforce 3x and ASUS' DCU3(or whatever it's called). Hmm, if the performance is as good as the design, then it seems like AMD started investing more into the reference models, which I think is nice for further GPUs, since you can use it stock until you find a waterblock.(which shouldn't be hard at all, since it's a reference PCB)

AMD has doubled the Render Output Units, ROPs, with Fiji compared to Hawaii. 

God...4K is slowly becoming mainstream...and I am still not on 1080p....

===========================================================================

So, the conclusion>>> It seems like AMD made a card that has a performance level of 1.5x R9 290X, while maintaining roughly the same TDP(still pretty high, but not impossible to cool), and also developed nice reference coolers.

So...3 out of 3? Efficiency, performance, cooling? AMD...you'll let us freeze to death from now on?

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

WCCFTech  and NO RUMOR  do not belong in the same sentence

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

i dont give a wccf. if that shitfest of a site said the summer sale was on the 11th id stop believing thats the real date.

In the process of re-evaluating my opinion

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't know why you bother posting anything from WCCF here. You know that the people here are bandwagon-jumping idiots and act like WCCF show their mothers and got away with it by lying.

Only 300 watts for there flag ship card!

I thought that a stupidly massive power supply was the stable of a AMD graphics user.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Today we’re bringing you the confirmed specs for AMD’s upcoming Fiji powered enthusiast graphics cards. The Radeon Fury X and Radeon Fury. We’ve been working very closely with our sources to confirm the specifications for AMD’s upcoming Fury X, powered by the Fiji XT GPU, and Fury powered by the Fiji Pro GPU.

Yeah...

Man you're just searching for trouble.

X7N7dzu.png

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i dont give a wccf. if that shitfest of a site said the summer sale was on the 11th id stop believing thats the real date.

And here we have a perfect example of the stupidity I was referring to. I bet that you don't even know why you hate WCCF so much.

Yeah...

Also @TorqueS you might wanna update the post.

I was working on it, learn this about me...I'm a b**ch when it comes to editing text in the sense that I like everything to be in order and well structured for the readers to quickly spot and understand the main points. 

That's why it took so long.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I was working on it, learn this about me...I'm a b**ch when it comes to editing text in the sense that I like everything to be in order and well structured for the readers to quickly spot and understand the main points. 

That's why it took so long.

Oh wow, you really took your time doing this, even the lines. Well imma remember you.  :)

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

You peaked my interest AMD, i shall hold off on my new build.

Boom, if that's true then its very impressive indeed.

Might be enough to worry Nvidia.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If that does have 128 ROPS it would be a beast at high resolutions.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Really stupid question incoming: WTF does it mean by axial fan? Is that like all the fans on pretty much every aftermarket cooler?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Really stupid question incoming: WTF does it mean by axial fan? Is that like all the fans on pretty much every aftermarket cooler?

I would assume it means 3 fans, 3 axials for 3 fans. i could see AMD partnering with a manufacturer to design a cooler for the card, or requiring a aftermarket cooler with 3 fans.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I don't know why you bother posting anything from WCCF here. You know that the people here are bandwagon-jumping idiots and act like WCCF show their mothers and got away with it by lying.

If it's news, it's news. Don't bother with the idiots.

Axial fans blow perpendicular to the rotation, like a Noctua NF-F12 for exmaple. Radial fans, on the other hand, are the ones on the Nvidia Titan cooler and the reference AMD cards till the 200 series, which blow air parallel to the rotation of the fan. However, seems like they are really breaking away from tradition and hopefully for good.

SOURCE: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-fury-x-specs-fiji/

Yeah, I think the picture says it all....

attachicon.gifFURY TIME.JPG

Some additions though:

How close could they get I wonder....because they always say they're very, very close.

So that there are no doubts (like the 290X case).

Hmm, 54% doesn't tell us an exact FPS number for games, but I think it gives us a rough idea of the performance.

The reference cooler seems to be similar as far as design is concerned with GB Windforce 3x and ASUS' DCU3(or whatever it's called). Hmm, if the performance is as good as the design, then it seems like AMD started investing more into the reference models, which I think is nice for further GPUs, since you can use it stock until you find a waterblock.(which shouldn't be hard at all, since it's a reference PCB)

God...4K is slowly becoming mainstream...and I am still not on 1080p....

===========================================================================

So, the conclusion>>> It seems like AMD made a card that has a performance level of 1.5x R9 290X, while maintaining roughly the same TDP(still pretty high, but not impossible to cool), and also developed nice reference coolers.

So...3 out of 3? Efficiency, performance, cooling? AMD...you'll let us freeze to death from now on?

So this is actually effiecient?????????? Amd has actually lowered power consumption. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

If it's news, it's news. Don't bother with the idiots.

Axial fans blow perpendicular to the rotation, like a Noctua NF-F12 for exmaple. Radial fans, on the other hand, are the ones on the Nvidia Titan cooler and the reference AMD cards till the 200 series, which blow air parallel to the rotation of the fan. However, seems like they are really breaking away from tradition and hopefully for good.

Right. Thanks for the refresher. :)

I would assume it means 3 fans, 3 axials for 3 fans. i could see AMD partnering with a manufacturer to design a cooler for the card, or requiring a aftermarket cooler with 3 fans.

Oh god, if this is as hot as Hawaii, or hotter? We're all fucked. At least, if it had a blower cooler or just a shitty cooler in general.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

yeah, these are fake, 390x with only 4 GB GDDR5? every other "leak" has had 8

TBH, they have been pretty accurate with there rumors lately 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

yeah, these are fake, 390x with only 4 GB GDDR5? every other "leak" has had 8

No, AMD has confirmed it. Fury is not the 390x. Fury has 4gb. This is fury. The 390x has 8gb. This is not the 390x this is fury. Fury is HBM and HBM 1 is limited to 4gb, this is fury.

No, AMD has confirmed it. Fury is not the 390x. Fury has 4gb. This is fury. The 390x has 8gb. This is not the 390x this is fury. Fury is HBM and HBM 1 is limited to 4gb, this is fury.

nvm chart has 290x in it

I guess they have learnt from the criticism of the 290x stock cooler... Good to see that these will run cool at launch without having to wait for 3rd party variations. It's also important PR for AMD on launch day reviews to show low noise levels, cool temps, good overclocking etc...

Yes but the right hand column shows the 390X as having 4GB.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'd say it has to do something with the way the air is pushed, regarding the direction(axis), so it might be like SP fans that push air towards the center

It could also be a marketing gimmick.

I mean come on..it's a freakin fan, whose sole purpose is to push air....i don't see any breakthroughs as for now. 

Spoiler

lol the source is "our sources"

I dont care who reports what, if the source is litterally "our source" then i'm putting basically no faith in what you say.

Right..

Well then

More rumors it seems. Literally nothing confirmed. 

16th couldnt come fast enough. 

That said if the fiji card is at minimum 54 percent faster than a 290x then the 980 ti/titan will have something massive to worry about. (price depending obviously)

Also they have a "R9 290X" on teh chart with 4gb of RAM at $549 dollars...wut..

Even if that was mislabeled it and it should have been 390x a 4gb? every other rumor has it at 8gb. I dont believe any of them but at first glance i'll take my chances with the majority in stead of the minority

EDIT: it's launch price. Duh. still not horribly relevant to the rest of the cards imo. I guess its the whole "top end cards price at launch" idea.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015