Headphone recommendations?

Kylis

Well wireless would be nice but not absolute. If a pair is nearing the 500 buck range I would like them to have wireless as that is hefty for a pair of headphones without extra stuff. 

People who knows better actually steer away from wireless as much as they can (unless it's mandatory to go wireless). 

Think about it this way:

- A is wired, $500

- B is wireless, $500

To get B, you actually paying $100 (maybe more) for the wireless feature, and whatever left goes to the headphone. While with A, you spend all your $500 for a headphone. 

Also wireless means it got its own dac and amp built in inside it. So let's say one day you got an extra $1000 to spend on dac and amp upgrade. Well, you can buy them, but you won't be able to use them with your wireless headphone. 

I never said that the m50xs were the best, I clearly stated somewhere in the thread that I know there are better headphones out there. I just can't reccommend them to anyone.

Ask: I need a high capacity hard drive that doesnt cost much.

Me: I have a seagate 4 tb myself. There are definately better out there, but I havent needed to get a new hard drive yet.

Even though I WOULDNT recommend a seagate drive.

Jesus christ, I'm just trying to recommend some headphones to someone.

It would be oh-so-much-better if you said all of these, especially the 'because I'm lacking experiences with other headphones' part, instead of just posting:

ath m50x

And explaining from north to south only after being confronted.

We don't have anything against you. We have everything against anybody who's potentially misleading people who are looking for answers. They're lacking knowledge, that's why they posted the question. Think about it. Without proper explanation, people could think M50x is really the best in the $500 range, when in reality it's not even close....

Well I would say if it is wired try more in the 200 dollar to 300 dollar range, if it is wireless im up for going a bit higher. As far as amps and DACs are concerned, if I need one for surround audio (virtual surround whatever) I would need recommendations on those as well. If the amp and DAC in the wireless headphone setup are good, I have no problem using those.

These would pretty much be strictly for hooking up to my PC, console or TV. Basically for around my desk and bed, not out and about headphones.

Well they were in his price range, so its fine. Also, I have shure se215s, and they are SO much better than kraken 7.1s. You didn't give him something even close to what he asked for, as he wanted premium wireless headphones, but you gave him a cheap, low quality, wired headset.

Not as bad as Inventrious's one, but still not ideal, especially since its not what he was asking for. If you don't give any reasons, then a recommendation is basically worthless.

Now to both of you, if you have no idea what you're talking about, just don't say it.

Now who'd I trust, a real reviewer, or some fanboy?

You might be new in this sub, but we get that a lot here, people posting randomly without really knowing what they're talking about, or even bothered reading the actual post....  :(

To OP: is wireless optional or absolute? Because you can get higher results and/or lower price with wired. One thing for sure, you don't have to pay extra bucks for the wireless feature. 

$500 is actually quite a lot, especially if you don't mind wired. For wired, you can get HE-400i with it. It isn't top notch in comfortability, but the sound is one of the best in its price range. You might need an amp with it tho...

Other than that, sennheiser HD600, HD650

It was a suggestion. I would have rather saved the $300, but that's me. I even posted a review showing that the Kraken was the top headset in it's price range. Is that not enough?

You make me really sad  :(

Also not very good for gaming

Make you said by proving the company you're a fanboy of doesn't have the best headphones? I agree, it is pretty sad  :(

So how am I a fanboy? I recommend products from numerous brands, depending on the use. If anything, you're being a fanboy for not listening to logic. Also, that is a pretty bad source, looking at their other reviews. Just because I don't have my own website doesn't mean that I don't know about the topic.

It was a suggestion. I would have rather saved the $300, but that's me. I even posted a review showing that the Kraken was the top headset in it's price range. Is that not enough?

Like I said above, that source is terrible. I own shute se215s and have used kraken 7.1s, and the se215s blow them out of the water. Don't bring in price here, as the se215s cost almost exactly the same as the kraken 7.1s. If there really was a product that was just a complete steal for $100 then it would be fine to suggest it, but not something that is below average for the price, and just terrible compared to more expensive options.

Make you said by proving the company you're a fanboy of doesn't have the best headphones? I agree, it is pretty sad  :(

I assume you mean sad, not said. Anyways, you haven't proven anything, and everybody here with a decent reputation is against you.

If you want to stay on the forum its fine, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't act like you do. Don't get mad when people tell you that you're wrong, as its very childish. 

There will be no end in that 'i would rather save X bucks and go with....' logic, unless the stuff with higher price is utter crap or the differences are minimal at best. Going by that logic, one could also say 'I would rather go with a $10 headphone, and save $490...'

For example, HyperX cloud is one of the best headset in its price range. If someone is willing to spend $500 for a headset, suggesting the $70 HyperX cloud (thus saving $430) is just plain dumb, because there are tons of other better options in that price range.

- Hey, my anniversary is coming up, I'm gonna take my wife to a fancy diner. I'm willing to spend $500 for two people's meals. What do you suggest?

- Go to McDonalds, and you'll save $470. Tell your wife to cook for two, and you'll save $490....

So how am I a fanboy? I recommend products from numerous brands, depending on the use. If anything, you're being a fanboy for not listening to logic. Also, that is a pretty bad source, looking at their other reviews. Just because I don't have my own website doesn't mean that I don't know about the topic.

Like I said above, that source is terrible. I own shute se215s and have used kraken 7.1s, and the se215s blow them out of the water. Don't bring in price here, as the se215s cost almost exactly the same as the kraken 7.1s. If there really was a product that was just a complete steal for $100 then it would be fine to suggest it, but not something that is below average for the price, and just terrible compared to more expensive options.

I assume you mean sad, not said. Anyways, you haven't proven anything, and everybody here with a decent reputation is against you.

If you want to stay on the forum its fine, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't act like you do. Don't get mad when people tell you that you're wrong, as its very childish. 

I said you were a fanboy because there are reviewers who know way more than you, that said the Kraken 7.1 is better.

Forget that source. Google it and you'll find some other reviewers. I have a 7.1, so I know what I'm talking about.

IDGAF what people with "good reputation" say about me. I've done my research, tried multiple headphones, and this turned out best. There is only one top headphone, and it's not hard finding it (unless your ignorant, and it seems like that's what all of the people with "good reputation" are).

I take it as if you like Razer, you're childish? Makes sense to me, no?

There will be no end in that 'i would rather save X bucks and go with....' logic, unless the stuff with higher price is utter crap or the differences are minimal at best. Going by that logic, one could also say 'I would rather go with a $10 headphone, and save $490...'

For example, HyperX cloud is one of the best headset in its price range. If someone is willing to spend $500 for a headset, suggesting the $70 HyperX cloud (thus saving $430) is just plain dumb, because there are tons of other better options in that price range.

- Hey, my anniversary is coming up, I'm gonna take my wife to a fancy diner. I'm willing to spend $500 for two people's meals. What do you suggest?

- Go to McDonalds, and you'll save $470. Tell your wife to cook for two, and you'll save $490....

I mean't the quality of the headphones. HyperX cloud/Kraken 7.1 is way better than any $10 headphone. The Sennheiser isn't that much better than the HyperX/Kraken. IMO, I wouldn't spend that extra for not that much better quality, which is why I suggested it. If he doesn't agree, that's his choice.

I've done my research, tried multiple headphones, and this turned out best. 

Let's keep it simple then. What other headphones you've tried and compared to? Not just the brands (not a brand-fan, every brands got their bottom line of products), but the type also. 

I said you were a fanboy because there are reviewers who know way more than you, that said the Kraken 7.1 is better.

Forget that source. Google it and you'll find some other reviewers. I have a 7.1, so I know what I'm talking about.

IDGAF what people with "good reputation" say about me. I've done my research, tried multiple headphones, and this turned out best. There is only one top headphone, and it's not hard finding it (unless your ignorant, and it seems like that's what all of the people with "good reputation" are).

I take it as if you like Razer, you're childish? Makes sense to me, no?

If they really like the krakens, then they don't know as much as me about audio. I have personal experience with the kraken 7.1 and other headphones in that range. I OWN razer kraken pros, which are similar to the kraken 7.1 in addition to OWNING shure se215s. You don't own other products, you are mostly just spouting second-hand information from a mediocre source.

If you want others that agree with me, just ask some knowledgeable people on this forum. Some of those people include @Lays and @ShearMe.  Even linus looked at them here and said they were pretty bad. 

I don't think that liking a product is childish, but acting like you have is. 

I mean't the quality of the headphones. HyperX cloud/Kraken 7.1 is way better than any $10 headphone. The Sennheiser isn't that much better than the HyperX/Kraken. IMO, I wouldn't spend that extra for not that much better quality, which is why I suggested it. If he doesn't agree, that's his choice.

Actually there is still a huge gap between the krakens and higher end offerings, just like with going to $10 headphones. It isn't as big, but it is still very significant.

Welp, if you must have wireless, the best I can recommend is the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless or the RS 165 or 175 mostly because I haven't tried or even heard of $500 wireless headphones... That said, the best I can recommend for that price would be Sennheiser HD 650s (though there are times I find the HD 600s of much better value) or unless someone is crazy enough to Sell Audeze LCD-2 (revision 1 or 2) for $500 or less.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

HyperX cloud/Kraken 7.1 is way better than any $10 headphone. The Sennheiser isn't that much better than the HyperX/Kraken. IMO, I wouldn't spend that extra for not that much better quality, which is why I suggested it. If he doesn't agree, that's his choice.

Perhaps than spending $70 at all for hyper x cloud or kraken 7.1, you should start saving for a visit to ENT, in case you're (mostly likely) deaf. 

You poor poor soul, you're deaf and can't spell. 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

*You're

that's grammar not spelling :P

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Whats with the hate on M50x's? I don't get it. Its like they are the new Beats in terms of getting hate at some extent. Sure, the audio quality gets tons of praise and heat (to a certain degree, its even between praise and heat) and some other stuff.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Whats with the hate on M50x's? I don't get it. Its like they are the new Beats in terms of getting hate at some extent. Sure, the audio quality gets tons of praise and heat (to a certain degree, its even between praise and heat) and some other stuff.

The thing is that they are ok, but not as good as other options. They are better than gaming audio and fashion audio, but not as good as some audiophile headphones. There are also the m40x which are almost identical but cost $60 less, so there is even a better deal in the same product line.

I don't think there's hate towards them, it's just that everyone always recommends them as the best headset for gaming without any reasoning other then that they heard they were good or because of hype. When there's a lot better options out there, they have a purpose, just not for gaming. I love my M50x's but would never use them for gaming.

The thing is that they are ok, but not as good as other options. They are better than gaming audio and fashion audio, but not as good as some audiophile headphones. There are also the m40x which are almost identical but cost $60 less, so there is even a better deal in the same product line.

I got them, though not the X, but I still miss my HE-500s. All I can say about the M50s is that its a great pair of headphones... when you wanna upgrade from the still somewhat rather overpriced Beats (despite that its audio quality has improved dramatically... still wouldn't pay for one because even the Solo 2s aren't even on an M50s level... and its more expensive), but thats just my opinion on what I think of M50s and Beats.

I don't think there's hate towards them, it's just that everyone always recommends them as the best headset for gaming without any reasoning other then that they heard they were good or because of hype. When there's a lot better options out there, they have a purpose, just not for gaming. I love my M50x's but would never use them for gaming.

So... its kinda like how its fanbase has ruined the image of M50s. Sometimes fanboys scare me. Its like how CoD fanboys scared the shit out of me when Activision started over-saturating the market.

So... its kinda like how its fanbase has ruined the image of M50s. Sometimes fanboys scare me.

Yeah fanboys ruin everything. I love my M50x's and use them whenever I'm out and about, love the noise cancelling along with the sound and portability much better options then beats for something you wanna use outside or on plane rides. I just wouldn't use them for gaming because the soundstage isn't very good and it can get fatiguing because of the strong passive noise cancellation. Yet everyone seems to instantly say "M50x" everytime someone asks for a new headset for gaming.

Yeah fanboys ruin everything. I love my M50x's and use them whenever I'm out and about, love the noise cancelling along with the sound and portability much better options then beats for something you wanna use outside or on plane rides. I just wouldn't use them for gaming because the soundstage isn't very good and it can get fatiguing because of the strong passive noise cancellation. Yet everyone seems to instantly say "M50x" everytime someone asks for a new headset for gaming.

I didn't the know the M50X's have noise cancelling @.@

Its passive, not active. It just means that they aren't open and have sound-insulating earcups. 

Oh well