Ps4 or wait for Ps5

I want to buy a consol but I´m not sure if I should go for a ps4 or wait for the ps5 to come out, please help?

What would you want a console for?

And are there even any rumors about a suspected PS5?

Sig under construction.

Playstation 5 will not be out for a very long time.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

You should wait until the AMD 3xx series comes out first, then upgrade your PS4.

Seriously though? PS5 probably isn't coming out anytime soon.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I want to buy a consol but I´m not sure if I should go for a ps4 or wait for the ps5 to come out, please help?

... Is neither an option here too?

I would say Wii U if you want a  console and have a gaming PC arleady.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The PC user in me says neither, but for now the PS4 would be better than waiting. I'm not sure how long it will last since it wasn't overbuilt/future proofed like the PS3, but the PS5 could be many years out(like 3-4 minimum).

given the track record the PS5 will not come out for another 8 years or so, and there's a good chance that there won't be any PS5 as games will most likely be streamed and Sony will probably integrate the streaming services on their TVs (as they are already doing with PS3 titles)

I would say Wii U if you want a  console and have a gaming PC arleady.

Seconded.

Sig under construction.

There was an 8 year difference between the PS3 and PS4. If you are able to wait around 8 years before buying a product, be my guest. Do say hi to the other monks that you meditate with, and keep us up to date on your philosophical views on life.

Sorry, i was trying to make a joke about the patience you would have to have in order to be able to wait that long to buy something. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I don't know where you got the idea of a ps5 from. 

If you really want a console just go for whatever's out there now. 

I don't see why you want a console though ; ;

Iv searched many things and people say that it will come sonner than the ps4 because technology is changing fast

Iv searched many things and people say that it will come sonner than the ps4 because technology is changing fast

Just stick to PC

PCMasterRace

There was an 8 year difference between the PS3 and PS4. If you are able to wait around 8 years before buying a product, be my guest. Do say hi to the other monks that you meditate with, and keep us up to date on your philosophical views on life.

Sorry, i was trying to make a joke about the patience you would have to have in order to be able to wait that long to buy something. 

the monks say hi to you, and regarding my philosophical views on life, i think i started to lose hope on Half life 3 and so are the monks.

It's always been changing fast. Especially in the electronics field

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

I just got myself a cheapish PC and turned it into a SteamBox. G3258 and R7 260x (GPU was laying around) to run lots of games and as an emulator machine. Does exactly what I want it to.

So what you think it will be out in what? 4 years?

There's no guarantee that it will have better games, so if you don't like what's out now, don't get a ps4, but don't hold your breath for the next console

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I would say Wii U if you want a console and have a gaming PC arleady.

Honestly the wii u isn't for everyone

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Honestly the wii u isn't for everyone

nah, but my post was very heavily influenced by my opinion.

For me there would be no games I would be interested in on PS4 if I have a good PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

PS5 won't be out till AT LEAST 2020.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

It'll be interesting to see what the PS5 even ends up looking like since everyone seems to be moving towards highly underpowered essentially thin clients and streaming from their own processing cloud. If the PS5 follows on from this it will be because it is quieter, more energy efficient and cheaper to make than a PS4, not because it's more advanced.

Just get a PS4, it's pointless saying you'll wait. You might as well wait for the PS6 at that rate. As that'll be even better than the PS5 and will only come a few years afterwards.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

this highly depends on your budget. the PS5 is would be so expensive compared to the current price of PS4

a PS5 is not coming anytime soon as the PS4 has only came out not too long ago (end of 2013). Go for the PS4, or build a PC [ask your friends who play games frequently what they use].

The Wii U isn't worth it, there aren't very many features.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Make a PC, console is money down the drain.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames