Thoughts on US gun laws.

MrDynamicMan

Just a quick question: what do you need to purchase a (semi- auto/ full- auto) rifle? If just your id then I think they are crazy. At least where I live everyone must do special courses and classes for the purchase of any gun (only pistols are allowed for civilians)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

If you feel the need to have a gun on you, then have a gun on you.

I know I'm getting my concealed carry license when I can

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just a quick question: what do you need to purchase a (semi- auto/ full- auto) rifle? If just your id then I think they are crazy. At least where I live everyone must do special courses and classes for the purchase of any gun (only pistols are allowed for civilians)

Background checks galore.

If I remember correctly, the last time we had this dicussion, it went really badly.

Due to the nature of the US (they already have a bunch of guns), it would make it pretty stupid to outlaw guns, since so many are already in circulation.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It's a different culture, that I understand. However, I still don't see the point in feeling the need to own a gun. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

inadequate. it wont change till there culture changes though, if ever

i think that every type of gun requires a different license. but every state is going to be different and i don't think that law abiding citizens should suffer for the acts of a relative few.

also when do criminals ever listen to the law anyways 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I live in the country. We have coyotes. We have rifles. Rifles > Coyotes. We have never once thought of using these rifles to inflict harm on another person. We are civilized people. 

the laws are old and can not be put to good use in this day and age, they should know that times are different form back in the days where gun where a vital thing to have to survive at some point, today the world is diffrent and those laws are evil :/

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

^ Pretty much sums it up xD

still allow bb guns and air soft, and make a licence for the rest and make it hard for it to be accessible, just like Australia. Although you get like a $500 fine if you are found with a gun without a licence, my neighbor had x2 semi autos and got fined $550/

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I live in the country. We have coyotes. We have rifles. Rifles > Coyotes. We have never once thought of using these rifles to inflict harm on another person. We are civilized people. 

my uncle lives in the woods on the east cost of US, he had no gun nor does any of those living in the nearby city or around the area, despite the different types of cats and wolfs and such, i even heard he had a brown bear in his back yard where his children often play... and they also have Coyotes 

so a gun is not needed, to back up i can say the fear for wolfs are overrated there has been 9 attacks by wolfs in the world in the last 250 years that was written down and can be proven to have happen. 

I really don't care.

my uncle lives in the woods on the east cost of US, he had no gun nor does any of those living in the nearby city or around the area, despite the different types of cats and wolfs and such, i even heard he had a brown bear in his back yard where his children often play... and they also have Coyotes 

so a gun is not needed, to back up i can say the fear for wolfs are overrated there has been 9 attacks by wolfs in the world in the last 250 years that was written down and can be proven to have happen. 

There was a pack of six coyotes in the woods on my property. About 300 meters from my house. They get to our barn, and they slaughter our chickens, take down our cattle, and probably kill our foals and horses. So a gun is needed. You will NOT stop a pack of coyotes from attacking, using only your bare hands or any sort of melee weapon. You'll probably die. 

Whether or not you're allowed to have guns in your home does not impact violence. Violence is a state of mind, if you're insane enough to really want to hurt someone you do it, gun or not. That said I think it's perfectly reasonable to allow people to have gun. Yes they can hurt people but a lot of folks are passionate about them. Cars can hurt people as well, so can a shovel and so can a spoon if you really want to.

There was a pack of six coyotes in the woods on my property. About 300 meters from my house. They get to our barn, and they slaughter our chickens, take down our cattle, and probably kill our foals and horses. So a gun is needed. You will NOT stop a pack of coyotes from attacking, using only your bare hands or any sort of melee weapon. You'll probably die. 

For that purpose you can get a gun almost anywhere, it's called a hunting license. ;) Whether or not you'd be allowed to shoot them is another thing.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

^ Pretty much sums it up xD

Yeah that was written over 220 years ago, times have changed...

The laws themselves are not the issue: there are several countries with comparable gun control laws that have a comparatively and proportionally tiny amount of gun violence.

The issue with the US is more cultural than legislative when it comes to guns.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah that was written over 220 years ago, times have changed...

Did you read the part "necessary to the security of a free state"?  When it all boils down that is why!   

Just because some are irresponsible with guns does not mean everyone should have to pay or the f*ck up.   

I was just gonna steer clear of this topic just for the politics xD

I'm not saying that the US government should ban all firearms, but I dislike when people quote the second amendment as a reason why guns are so important. That was written over 220 years ago and really has no meaning in modern America. The reason why the second amendment was primarily created was to protect the citizens against anyone who was governing in a tyrannical way. Lets be honest in modern 21st century America, what is the chances of the citizens needing to use weapons to overthrown a tyrannical government, I would say not very likely.

Won't say much about it. I prefer the swedish gun laws.

But i do envy the ability to sit on your own property shooting at cans or other targets. 

I'd love to have a shooting range like Hickock45 in my yard.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

In America we love freedom. We also look at gun laws enacted from some of Europe's luminaries like Hitler and Mussolini. In 1776 we were like Iraq and England was like the US. It turned out differently. We look at Europe and can't understand why you guys hate freedom and like being told what to do. Europeans actually still buy into the whole global warming hoax?