Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Swingin by to say Hello to all from Southwest TX. Long time subscriber to the youtube channels...just now joining your forum.

Welcome to the forum! Nice sticker/label you have there on your build and it looks really clean. :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature and hope you will enjoy the forum! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Swingin by to say Hello to all from Southwest TX. Long time subscriber to the youtube channels...just now joining your forum.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the appropriate sub-forums!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is one good looking forum

lol Thanks! Welcome to the forums!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I've recently been watching your videos, as I've been looking into building my first gaming PC, I have to say, judging on some of your reviews, as well as general acceptance in the community, I've set the components, now just to save to buy them! Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for the assistance, and you make the community feel really welcoming, a seeming rarity considering console wars/PC Gaming Master Race etc. Anyway, once more, thanks a lot for the help!

Hey!

I'm new to the forums, the YouTube channels, and PC building in general. I'm hoping to properly join the PC master race with a custom build some time within the next year or so, and this looks like a pretty good place to start. The videos have been accessible, entertaining and informative, but I just need to start with some noob tips so I can better understand the world of tech from the ground up.

So thanks for all the help that's been provided so far, and I'll see you on the forums! If anyone can point me towards some beginners guides or something like that to get started with the process, that would be a big help :)

-Dean

Hey!

I'm new to the forums, the YouTube channels, and PC building in general. I'm hoping to properly join the PC master race with a custom build some time within the next year or so, and this looks like a pretty good place to start. The videos have been accessible, entertaining and informative, but I just need to start with some noob tips so I can better understand the world of tech from the ground up.

So thanks for all the help that's been provided so far, and I'll see you on the forums! If anyone can point me towards some beginners guides or something like that to get started with the process, that would be a big help :)

-Dean

Welcome! Don't forget to sub to Linus' Techquickie channel. He explains particular subjects and tech in a matter of minutes.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I've recently been watching your videos, as I've been looking into building my first gaming PC, I have to say, judging on some of your reviews, as well as general acceptance in the community, I've set the components, now just to save to buy them! Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for the assistance, and you make the community feel really welcoming, a seeming rarity considering console wars/PC Gaming Master Race etc. Anyway, once more, thanks a lot for the help!

Hey!

-Dean

Welcome to the forum guys! :) If you want advice for your build, go to New Builds and Planning and create a thread there but make sure you read this before you post the new thread:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Also make sure the read the CoC located in my signature and FAQ here:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

GreyStash, on 05 Mar 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper sub-forums!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Hi, elemein here.

I'm here mostly because I just enjoy the community that surrounds Linus' youtube channels. I've visited this forum several times before and, to be honest, haven't found a lot of actual discussion and moreso questions being answered, but I decided I haven't been giving this forum a fair shake, so here I am. I guess a bit about me is that I'm heavily into hardware and research heavily into CPUs; particularly CPU architecture. I also am studying IT (networking, specifically), and... yeah, that's me. Anyways, hope I can be a good member of the community and I look forward to seeing you all around!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy your stay here. :) Here are some useful links: CoC located in my signature and FAQ:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run. We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum. Linus

Tank you Linus!

Thanks for having me buddy.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

hello everyone, i'm new in this forrum :)

i want to learn more deeper about hardware here, so thanks to let me join in this forum :)

hello everyone, i'm new in this forrum :)

i want to learn more deeper about hardware here, so thanks to let me join in this forum :)

Welcome to the forum! Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature before posting and here's the link to the FAQ:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

Hope you'll enjoy this community. :)

Linus Sebastian,you are the best expert for gaming and PC building thank you for your advices :D

Yes, I deeply believe so! Linus you are great!!

Half tech geek, own all kinds of new RC heli, quadcopter, boat, car version, Chinese teacher

You might want to change your username as it contains your email. Contact a mod here to change it:http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Hello to everyone! I've been following Linus and Luke for a while now and I absolutely love their channel (and the techtips). I'm not the greatest when it comes to introductions, but I'll say I dang enjoy learning and doing things with computers (even though I still consider myself a newbie in this area too lol)

Hello to everyone! I've been following Linus and Luke for a while now and I absolutely love their channel (and the techtips). I'm not the greatest when it comes to introductions, but I'll say I dang enjoy learning and doing things with computers (even though I still consider myself a newbie in this area too lol)

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the appropriate sub-forums, and fold for the LTT team!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Welcome man. I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions you'll find a lot of great people here that are definitely willing to help. 

New to the forum. Just thought I would swing by and say hello. I'm an avid computer builder, work in the tech field, and my name's.. Yuriy, if you haven't guessed.

I'm new to the YouTube scene, but have been in the Tech scene my whole life.

Anyways, hello everyone!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Hi! I've recently subscribed to Linus and I've enjoyed his videos, and in one of them he recommended to join the forum community. So, here I am. ^_^

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X