3 Reasons Not To Purchase ARK: Survival Evolved Early Acsess

theereal

So, after spending around 3 hours on the game, ive actually started to think i shouldnt have bought it in the first place. Heres why!

(All gameplay was played on the current specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460

GPU: EVGA Geforce 970

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram

Storage: 1TB Seagate HDD 7200rpm

1: Horrible optimization:

Yes, i know its early acsess, and this will be fixed, but gameplay is BAD, i was forced to play on medium/high graphics with around 30fps which is something that really isnt doing it for me, its 60 or nothing, the constant stuttering, Objects popping up, bad AA, and fps issues are just some of the problems.

2: Gameplay issues

It takes way to long to gather materials, you die from leaping 30cm in the air, you need to go under water every 5 minutes to keep hydrated, eat every 5 minutes, you are either constantly too cold or too hot and when youre lvl 5 youll meet a ton of high lvl dinosaurs that will just wreck you all the time.

3: Online

Extremely high ping is not the only issue with online in this game, there are only a few servers, and most of them are full, so youre lucky to even get into a game, not having enough servers for people to play on is just bad.

(Before writing "youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed" im not saying it wont be fixed, it probably will, its early acsess, these are 3 reasons not to buy EARLY ACSESS)

...am I allowed to say it? I don't care.

No shit Sherlock.

Thanks for the heads up, game looked damn good though. I'll have to wait to see if it improves, kinda like Rust honestly. Was hyped for that game too

Ahhh, the 1 childish comment, i knew it was coming, im just posting this to give a heads up to people who are deciding to get it or not.

Childish? It's common sense. You've made a post saying "Don't buy an early access game because it's not full release stability."

No shit Sherlock, we know that.

Thanks for the heads up, game looked damn good though. I'll have to wait to see if it improves, kinda like Rust honestly. Was hyped for that game too

NP :) It does look quite good, beautiful game indeed, but, its the first day so i guess to expect some bumps, hopefully it will improve, and this game will reach its peak :)

Childish? It's common sense. You've made a post saying "Don't buy an early access game because it's not full release stability."

The optimization of the game was only 1 of 3 points that i made, and i gave specifics telling people what to expect.

There's no problem with telling someone what to expect in an early access. Some aren't too bad, others are unplayable. OP was just sharing their experience for others thinking of purchasing the early access. 

The optimization of the game was only 1 of 3 points that i made, and i gave specifics telling people what to expect.

Did I specifically say optimization in my post? No. So don't start slinging words around like I said them when I didn't. You paid for an incomplete game. That's what early access is, this is fairly common knowledge too.

It's playing something in alpha or beta and saying it plays like an alpha or beta game, no shit what did you expect?

Well your other two points were also optimization, but in other ways. So yes, it was all about optimization.

Well your other two points were also optimization, but in other ways. So yes, it was all about optimization.

The second one was with issues in the gameplay like things that happened constantly for example having to constantly drink and eat, the other one was that they didnt have enough servers, i wouldnt exactly classify this as 'optimization' xD

3 resons:

1. Its in early access.

2. Its a survival game.

3. Its a survival game in early access.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The second one was with issues in the gameplay like things that happened constantly for example having to constantly drink and eat, the other one was that they didnt have enough servers, i wouldnt exactly classify this as 'optimization' xD

That's your opinion, everybody has one, and that's yours. It's in early access, and that's all that needs to be said, these sorts of things should be expected. Not enough servers, expected. Bad gameplay, expected early access defines all of this easily, no need for this, and here's my 3 reasons:

1. It's

2. Early

3. Access

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I'm really interested in this game, but early access? I don't see why not. It's a game that runs on UE4 and DX12 which both are so very optimized since we have all those games running on them. Oh wait...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

That's your opinion, everybody has one, and that's yours. It's in early access, and that's all that needs to be said, these sorts of things should be expected. Not enough servers, expected. Bad gameplay, expected early access defines all of this easily, no need for this, and here's my 3 reasons:

1. It's

2. Early

3. Access

The game having bad features (which you quoted earlier) is not expected, its expected to be badly optimized, i never said it wasnt early acsess, this is the reason, i was just telling people and letting people know who were wondering if they wanted to buy it what kind of things they can expect to run into... Re-read my post and you wouldnt have had to post this :P

1: Horrible optimization:

Yes, i know its early acsess, and this will be fixed, but gameplay is BAD, i was forced to play on medium/high graphics with around 30fps which is something that really isnt doing it for me, its 60 or nothing, the constant stuttering, Objects popping up, bad AA, and fps issues are just some of the problems.

(Before writing "youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed" im not saying it wont be fixed, it probably will, its early acsess, these are 3 reasons not to buy EARLY ACSESS)

Those are some big assumptions. Early Access games don't always have the greatest track record with issues getting fixed. Some games don't even get finished (looking at you, Double Fine).

I won't say I'm against Early Access entirely, but you shouldn't pay a dime for an Early Access game unless you're comfortable with the state it's in right now, because you have nothing more than the developer's word that it will ever improve.

Is the FoV any good, can you change it?

Also, you shouldn't have bought an early access game, this is the reason free betas are dead. 

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

News just in

Gimmicky survival early access game #17 of the week is a broken pile of shit, just like the other 16

Why do you keep buying these games

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Early Access game not optimised ? Problems with Online ?

Who would have expected this LOL.

@theereal cmon man, don't u pay attention to gaming industry at all these days ?! Even complete AAA titles are undone mess.

U have to wait weeks/months for it to get better and better.

Or just don't buy Early Access on day one and rather wait for streamers to show u the game and how it runs.

If u have done that u would see how badly Lirik runs the game on his Titan X because game doesn't support SLI yet.

U learnt something valuable I hope.

Don't worry, with enough funding the devs will work on it till they finish. I heard the want to do 24hr patches, so chill.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

@theereal cmon man, don't u pay attention to gaming industry at all these days ?! Even complete AAA titles are undone mess.

Or just don't buy Early Access on day one and rather wait for streamers to show u the game and how it runs.

If u have done that u would see how badly Lirik runs the game on his Titan X because game doesn't support SLI yet.

Don't worry, with enough funding the devs will work on it till they finish. I heard the want to do 24hr patches, so chill.

Quoted from my earlier post: (Before writing "youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed" im not saying it wont be fixed, it probably will, its early acsess, these are 3 reasons not to buy EARLY ACSESS)

Also, i did expect to run into this, i was just giving people a heads up on what specific things they might stumble on when entering the early acsess and then helping them decide to buy it or not, i really dont get the point of you telling me to 'chill' beacuse im not raging over this, just trying to help out other ppl...

Please read through the post properly also the other one i quoted before messaging people :)

An early access game releases on steam and it's full of problems

Stay tuned for more news at 11

There are 2 parts to this. While I totally agree that there aren't 3 reasons to not get it. There is only one: Early Access. And people who buy early access games should not buy it as a consumer but as a tester and someone who wants to help the development of the game. And going around in random forums telling people to not buy it is ultimately useless. You're time would be better spend giving that feedback to the developers.

But that said there seems to be an awful lot of people who think that Early access games are ready to be played. And when it turns out that it's not ready they go around complaining to everyone how bad it is. So giving info to those people it good. That said I don't think they are the kind of people who would go around looking if the game is actually good or not. Even if the game is in Early Access.

• 2 weeks later...

Those who say this is a bad early access game are cute.This game is the top seller on steam and on day one crashed steam servers with how many copies were sold. so might have poor optimization doesnt mean it isn't good, check the game for yourself don't let others decide for you.

I too am awaiting optimization.

I have an R9 290 and once they get it running at 60fps with smooth frame delivery in high fidelity I will buy it. If that means awaiting DX12 then so be it... There are enough games to play that I don't need to subject myself to alpha testing.