3 Reasons Not To Purchase ARK: Survival Evolved Early Acsess

theereal

Childish? It's common sense. You've made a post saying "Don't buy an early access game because it's not full release stability."

No shit Sherlock, we know that.

Lose the attitude. Why are you crapping on someone for posting a positive, well-formed post that could be helpful to others.

If you have nothing useful to contribute to the discuss then it's just a shit post.

Again, lose the attitude. Totally uncalled for.

I saw a couple videos and although it looks like it has promise you can definitely tell there's a lot of work to do. Hopefully more constructive criticism such as this will help the developers get this going in the right direction. Thank you for your thoughts.

(Before writing "youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed" 

youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed

<p>

3 reasons to buy ARK:

• Dinosaurs
  • You can punch trees
  • You can poop.

Ahh yes the pooping, great fun.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

Just wanted to let people know> i have 780's in sli and i overclocked them to 1250mhz i have a i5 4690k at 4.5Ghz and i battle to get 30+fps on medium with the forced SLI enabled.

un-optimized is one thing but this is unacceptable for a game that costs $30 ($25 currently)

Needs Update

So, after spending around 3 hours on the game, ive actually started to think i shouldnt have bought it in the first place. Heres why!

(All gameplay was played on the current specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460

GPU: EVGA Geforce 970

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram

Storage: 1TB Seagate HDD 7200rpm

1: Horrible optimization:

Yes, i know its early acsess, and this will be fixed, but gameplay is BAD, i was forced to play on medium/high graphics with around 30fps which is something that really isnt doing it for me, its 60 or nothing, the constant stuttering, Objects popping up, bad AA, and fps issues are just some of the problems.

2: Gameplay issues

It takes way to long to gather materials, you die from leaping 30cm in the air, you need to go under water every 5 minutes to keep hydrated, eat every 5 minutes, you are either constantly too cold or too hot and when youre lvl 5 youll meet a ton of high lvl dinosaurs that will just wreck you all the time.

3: Online

Extremely high ping is not the only issue with online in this game, there are only a few servers, and most of them are full, so youre lucky to even get into a game, not having enough servers for people to play on is just bad.

(Before writing "youre a fucking moron its early acsess it will be fixed" im not saying it wont be fixed, it probably will, its early acsess, these are 3 reasons not to buy EARLY ACSESS)

1. I have a 750ti and I get 50-60 fps on medium settings on 1080p. There are a select couple of instances where my fps drops into the 20's. Im pretty stoked about that. The first 2 days ish were a nightmare and I have no idea what they did but they fixed that shit quick.

2.It is a survival game. Half the point is balancing those things. Plus waterskins (water bottles) are available quite early which help with that. You can always carry extra food and water. On top of that as you level you can drop stats into those so you don't have to do them as often. If you understand game mechanics you can lessen the need to eat or drink by conserving your energy. You don't always have to run at full speed especially if its only 5 feet to the next tree to chop down. Also know your dinosaurs. Most of those high level ones will leave you alone and you can run away from most of the other ones. If you feel it takes to long to harvest things use better tools they help. Also how fast exactly should you harvest? To fast and you might as well just say hey you don't need materials to build anything. Slowing it down makes you what you build just a little more special because at least for me I had to invest time and balance my characters problems and it feels like more of an accomplishment.

3. Find a community you like that host their own servers or host your own. You solve many problems not relying on the servers they provide. My server for instance always has 20-30 people online all day long its never full but also never empty and my ping is usually in the low 30's

• 1 month later...

Dev's are optimizing the game,  give it a chance.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

It's kind of like how I regret putting so much time into DayZ standalone Early Access AKA forever alpha.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

• 1 month later...

It's pretty fucking obvious you only played 3 hours. Yes, the optimization is bad, I won't argu with that. But all the shit you said about the gameplay are complete nonsense. You just have to play for longer, not 3 hours. Ive put almost 400 hours into the game, but even right after I tamed my first dino, made my first waterskin/water jar, and made better weapons, which was like day 4 for me, all those issues went away. You know why? Because it's a survival game. :)

Dev's are optimizing the game,  give it a chance.

So has there been visible improvements in performance?

Yes, it is noticeable.

Plus they are adding DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10, which yield approximate +20% performance.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Yes, it is noticeable.

Plus they are adding DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10, which yield approximate +20% performance.

After the DX12 AOTS controversy blew up the Ark guys mysteriously delayed their DX12 patch at the last moment on the day it was supposed to be released citing unspecified driver issues. Which is really strange considering that the rest of the game does not work smoothly and they don't seem to mind.

It's pretty fucking obvious you only played 3 hours. Yes, the optimization is bad, I won't argu with that. But all the shit you said about the gameplay are complete nonsense. You just have to play for longer, not 3 hours. Ive put almost 400 hours into the game, but even right after I tamed my first dino, made my first waterskin/water jar, and made better weapons, which was like day 4 for me, all those issues went away. You know why? Because it's a survival game. :)

Ive actually put more than 12 hours into the game at this point, and i still feel the same way.

A little, but the games doesent feel very enjoyable just yet, lots of improvements to make.

#4 FrankieOnPCIn1080P plays it.. As much as I like his content, every game he touches gets overrun with kids and just goes to shit... 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

A little, but the games doesent feel very enjoyable just yet, lots of improvements to make.

Do you understand that the game is early access? Not even a beta... they add new content each week. 

Wildcard has two different dev department, one that fixes, one that adds new content. 

So optimized game is totally fine, glitches, and so forth.

Don't get butthurt that your gpu can't run everything on epic, cause I can't too.

Totally agree with you. I bought it within 2-3 days of it going on steam, played 9 hrs of it, then deleted it. Will revisit the full release, which, hopefully will be fantastic.

Do you understand that the game is early access? Not even a beta... they add new content each week. 

Wildcard has two different dev department, one that fixes, one that adds new content. 

So optimized game is totally fine, glitches, and so forth.

Don't get butthurt that your gpu can't run everything on epic, cause I can't too.

Haha, dude you do realize this post is ages old and all of this does no longer apply? :P