AMD confirms new GPU's announcement will be happening on June 16th

AlexGoesHigh

AMDPresentation2_678x452.jpg

A new AMD press release announces that they will held a even at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, CA during E3 week on June 16th at 9am PST to announce new GPU hardware, the event called “AMD Presents: The New Era of PC Gaming.” takes place on the morning before the PC gaming show where they are the main sponsors, same location too, it will be open to the public and livestreams will be available, its rumored this will be the announcement to the Fiji GPU equipped with HBM as well as the entire 300 series lineup (cough* re-brands *cough)

Source: AnandTech

edit: demn teaser to strunk

Edited by AlexGoesHigh

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Wow was just talking about it being at computex with a friend oh well better sooner then never.DON'T DISAPPOINT LISA SU U KNOW WHAT NVIDIA'S DOING!

Take your time, AMD. We've only been waiting for 10 million years* so far.

*May be slightly exaggerated. Slightly.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

they have exactly 2 weeks to tweak the hell out of their drivers. And by they, I mean the part-time programmer that AMD occasionally calls in to do a driver update.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I look so much forward to see what AMD has achieved with HBM, but also a small form factor water cooled card.

Slightly interested in what they have done with Hawaii as well. 2 weeks to go.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I just want a new AMD card that performances between a 980ti and 980 without a high price tag.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

<insert nuclear reactor joke here>

<insert cpu intensive driver joke here>
<insert rebrand joke here>

<insert intel is better here>

<insert nvidia is better here>

i have constructed a quality post, gentlemen.  bask in its glory.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I can confirm a couple things about the 390x.

I went to a local PC store to ask about the R9 390x, they confirmed for me that it will have 2 versions, one water cooled in an AIO loop and one normal air-cooled.

It will also cost $1000-$1100 AUD, so pretty much the same as the 980 Ti

The store was about to tell me more like the specs of the card but then they remembered not to get too carried away because of the NDA

AMD gave up on DX11 and with windows 10 coming only at the end of july, they are in no rush. Let's just hope that Fiji is so awesome that they are just stock piling them to be able to meet demand at launch. They were having yield problems with HBM right? yep that's what it is :P

AMD gave up on DX11 and with windows 10 coming only at the end of july, they are in no rush. Let's just hope that Fiji is so awesome that they are just stock piling them to be able to meet demand at launch. They were having yield problems with HBM right? yep that's what it is :P

yeah, the final stage of the manufacturing process is (apparently) pretty easy to screw up. When they join the interposer, memory and gpu together onto the PCB, It's as hard as making a mess-free PBJ.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

THIS TEASER THOUGH

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

snip

if this is her on a private meting or a practice for the show, i'm disappointed at AMD capabilities to hold a secret, well its not like other hasn't done such things, also dat sexy HBM die 

--pics-

Looks like she just pulled that out of her pocket.  :D

I can confirm a couple things about the 390x.

I went to a local PC store to ask about the R9 390x, they confirmed for me that it will have 2 versions, one water cooled in an AIO loop and one normal air-cooled.

It will also cost $1000-$1100 AUD, so pretty much the same as the 980 Ti

The store was about to tell me more like the specs of the card but then they remembered not to get too carried away because of the NDA

You mean you can confirm a couple things about the "Fury", not 390X. The 390X will be a tweaked 290X. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

A new AMD press release announces that they will held a even at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, CA during E3 week on June 16th at 9am PST to announce new GPU hardware, the event called “AMD Presents: The New Era of PC Gaming.” takes place on the morning before the PC gaming show where they are the main sponsors, same location too, it will be open to the public and livestreams will be available, its rumored this will be the announcement to the Fiji GPU equipped with HBM as well as the entire 300 series lineup (cough* re-brands *cough)

That's 2am here in Aus... Fuck that.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

USCG_AFFF.JPG

I have a fire extinguisher and winDBG set up for driver related dumps

IM FUCKIN READY 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I wonder what games they will be showing with the card. They are having a large presentation at E3 centered around PC gaming and not just GPUs. Something from EA is likely with how close they are to AMD.

I wonder what games they will be showing with the card. They are having a large presentation at E3 centered around PC gaming and not just GPUs. Something from EA is likely with how close they are to AMD.

something from EA on 5 screens

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Let the price drops begin!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Nice to know when so I can sell some organs in preparation. Thanks AMD, you are the keenest! :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't see that being the case as EA doesn't have any big games in the works to showcase at this time. We can also pretty much establish that they will not be showing anything due to the fact that EA is not part of the PC Gaming show sponsored by AMD at E3.

• AMD
  • ARENANET
  • BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT
  • BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE
  • CCP GAMES
  • CLIFF BLESZINSKI
  • CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES
  • CREATIVE ASSEMBLY
  • DEAN HALL
  • DEVOLVER
  • FRICTIONAL GAMES
  • FULLBRIGHT
  • HEART MACHINE
  • NEXON
  • PARADOX INTERACTIVE
  • PIXEL TITANS
  • SCS SOFTWARE
  • SPLASH DAMAGE
  • SQUARE ENIX
  • TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE

Take your pick out of the participants. Personally I think we will see a mix of games both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 oriented (as Windows 10 is still not launched).

The next person who posts another AMD 'announcement of an announcement' gets a wedgie supreme.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

they have exactly 2 weeks to tweak the hell out of their drivers. And by they, I mean the part-time programmer that AMD occasionally calls in to do a driver update.

You are so mean hahahaha.

With all the releases from Nvidia the past year I think many of us kinda forgot about AMD... let's wait and see what they'll bring to the table.

It's kinda now or never. 

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice