SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

3 hours ago, Midnightblaze said:

Hardware Canucks said that the case wont be available for another 6 months at least. 

is this accurate?

If u hop over to [H], they said that they are working hard to start the campaign in November.

Video shooting for indigogo campaign is done, need to edit the clip into an actual promo video.

Campaign will start when they get their go ahead from their government.

As for production and shipping time, no info on that yet.

23 hours ago, YourWaifuIsShit said:

If u hop over to [H], they said that they are working hard to start the campaign in November.

Video shooting for indigogo campaign is done, need to edit the clip into an actual promo video.

Campaign will start when they get their go ahead from their government.

As for production and shipping time, no info on that yet.

What is [H]? can you provide a hyperlink?

• 2 weeks later...

Hardware Canucks just published another video of some other pc-case where Dmitry also made a size comparison between this case, standard atx case and SENTRY:

Yp6Qim2.png

*** Little update ***

While we are still waiting for some papers from our administration, we've managed to send SENTRY to YetAnotherTechChannel for the 3rd and last professional external video review before the start of the campaign.
It was made in a climate of more realistic typical gamer scenarios, so if you still had some questions after watching Linus and Dmitry's reviews, we hope You will find answers in this video:

Ayee another video.

At this point I am tempted to send bags of coffee to Polish commerce office with "Dr Zaber" and "Sentry" printed in bold.

Do you guys need to go through this process while selling turbines? How long does that usually take? 

The thing is, when you're making something like wind turbines, water power plants and other huge stationary machines, then there are different types legal requirements for this and most of them are burden on our business client, i.e. power plant owner in his country.

For us it is a new territory mostly because you guys are not a business client and therefore we're responsible for a lot of stuff instead of you, and handling this takes time.

Would the MSI GTX1070 Gaming X fit the Sentry? I love the case but I'm afraid my GPU is to big to fit.

you can buy an s4 mini form NFC and use anfc-s4-mini-10.jpg picoPSU

37 minutes ago, ItsTheDEMON1997 said:

Would the MSI GTX1070 Gaming X fit the Sentry? I love the case but I'm afraid my GPU is to big to fit.

Sadly no - cards like this and asus strix series have heavily oversized PCBs and we had to set a limit for size somewhere - we're restricting our case to mostly reference card width.

24 minutes ago, wlaro said:

you can buy an s4 mini form NFC and use anfc-s4-mini-10.jpg picoPSU

So? What's the point of this post?

Indeed a bit pointless... I can assure you, if the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X doesn't fit inside the Sentry, it won't fit inside the S4 Mini at all. Besides, I really don't like the big ventilation holes.

On 11/26/2016 at 10:44 AM, YourWaifuIsShit said:

Ayee another video.

At this point I am tempted to send bags of coffee to Polish commerce office with "Dr Zaber" and "Sentry" printed in bold.

Do you guys need to go through this process while selling turbines? How long does that usually take? 

I laughed too damn hard at this hahaha

Case will be shipped with red LED ring on the switch in the end, however you should be able to easily get a replacement switch with different colour and we've talked about this many times before.

For those of You who haven't subscribed to our newsletter:

Update!
Hello again!

We did not do any updates through our newsletter for a while and we think now is the time for it. At this moment we are only waiting for last documents and confirmations from our public administration, and we will be ready to go with indiegogo campaign.

Meanwhile, as we promised, we sent our prototype for the 3rd and last external video review before we start our campaign. Here You can check the result made by YetAnotherTechChannel:

yetanothertechchannel_yt.png

If You did not watch earlier reviews, You can find them here:

linustechtips.png

hardware_canucks.png

Finally, we made a STRAW POLL, where we are asking what colour of SENTRY will you pick:

straw_poll.png

To speed up the production, we decided we will be applying powder coating in two different paintshops. The information about the color popularity will help us to optimize the painting process. In advance, thank You for Your help.

This is probably the last newsletter before our crowdfunding campaign. In the next one, when we will be ready, we will send You detailed information how You can get Your own SENTRY. Stay tuned!

Great work guys! I'm loving this project. :) I had a couple questions..

what exactly is the paint coating? didn't you say it was powder coated? is this necessary (i hope that doesn't come across as rude)?

like what I mean is could we possibly see a straight up aluminum or steel outside? Not sure how it would look for steel but I love the straight up naked aluminum look. 
I doubt it. but i'm curious. :)

22 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Great work guys! I'm loving this project. :) I had a couple questions..

what exactly is the paint coating? didn't you say it was powder coated? is this necessary (i hope that doesn't come across as rude)?

like what I mean is could we possibly see a straight up aluminum or steel outside? Not sure how it would look for steel but I love the straight up naked aluminum look. 
I doubt it. but i'm curious. :)

SENTRY is made with galvanized steel with structural powder coating. Powder coating is still a type of paint, but applying it needs electrostatic forces plus additional heating (180-220 degC in the special oven, temperatures depends on the type of paint). After those operations, this cover becomes something like thin layer of plastic, which is very durable and is a good protection against rust. 

Powder coating is applied mostly in paintshops, that's why it is also named as powder painting. 

I'm not sure if we will be making unpainted versions of SENTRY. All bendings and point weldings were calulated for painted version, and without this powder coating, there will be sometimes 2x 0,12mm error because of lack of this layers (0,12 mm is a thickness of the powder coating layer). If we would like to make an unpainted version, which will stay unpainted as final product, then we would need to re-calculate our bendings, point weldings, etc. and check if everything works together as before. It means we would need to make some additional prototypes for only this unpainted cases. Maybe after the campaign (if it will be successful), we will give people such option, to get unpainted version, to paint it by themselves.

23 hours ago, ZombiPL said:

SENTRY is made with galvanized steel with structural powder coating. Powder coating is still a type of paint, but applying it needs electrostatic forces plus additional heating (180-220 degC in the special oven, temperatures depends on the type of paint). After those operations, this cover becomes something like thin layer of plastic, which is very durable and is a good protection against rust. 

Powder coating is applied mostly in paintshops, that's why it is also named as powder painting. 

I'm not sure if we will be making unpainted versions of SENTRY. All bendings and point weldings were calulated for painted version, and without this powder coating, there will be sometimes 2x 0,12mm error because of lack of this layers (0,12 mm is a thickness of the powder coating layer). If we would like to make an unpainted version, which will stay unpainted as final product, then we would need to re-calculate our bendings, point weldings, etc. and check if everything works together as before. It means we would need to make some additional prototypes for only this unpainted cases. Maybe after the campaign (if it will be successful), we will give people such option, to get unpainted version, to paint it by themselves.

Would it be easier to powder coat the entire case after bending? Wouldn't this way eliminate the need for adjusting the bends based on the paint thickness?

55 minutes ago, forScience said:

Would it be easier to powder coat the entire case after bending? Wouldn't this way eliminate the need for adjusting the bends based on the paint thickness?

But we are making powder coating after bending. What is more, we are painting everything after point-welding. Noone bend elements after painting them, because you would damage the painted surface. What i said is that, we made project and all calculations plus many prototypes targeted at painted pc-case. If we would sell cases without painting but made according to the actual design You would see many 0,24 mm free spaces, which of course aren't a big problem for some, but are for us as engineers. 

We will see if crowdfunding campaign will be successful, and then we will decide if we will be making additional versions of SENTRY or if we move to another project. Right now, as i said before... only black and white.

On 11/29/2016 at 1:17 PM, ZombiPL said:

I'm not sure if we will be making unpainted versions of SENTRY. .

Ah I see! Thanks for he info! Yeah I don't blame you if you don't have unpainted versions. I was just thinking if there was an aluminum one it would look real nice. :)

16 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

Ah I see! Thanks for he info! Yeah I don't blame you if you don't have unpainted versions. I was just thinking if there was an aluminum one it would look real nice. :)

Well seeing as sentry has been completely engineered with 1mm steel, I think aluminum would have to wait for version 2 if there ever is one. Aluminum is very nice, I have a few lian li cases but damn they're expensive.