SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

Many of you saw this information in [H]ard forum, but also many didn't, so i will also post it here:

Some of you guys are keeping asking us in posts, via pm and emails about our predictions for our indiegogo campaign. Will it be quick and successful or will we have to wait full month for the end of the campaign?

We do not know the answer for above question but we can give you some rough numbers which may say a little bit more:

~1 400 000 - views on youtube (all reviews)
~500 000 - topic views (all forums)
~12 500 - all newsletter subscribers
~7 000 - activated newsletter subscribers (who confirmed their activation email)
~1 500 - all visitors per day on Sentry website
~25 500 - unique visitors per month on Sentry website

We should be able to hit this 100 orders for minimum production limit, but we can't say if we will hit upper limit of 1000 units in a day, week, month or at all. We have less than 48h to go (to the start of the indiegogo campaign), and then we will get some knowledge in this matter.

On 3.1.2017 at 4:15 AM, divito said:

Interesting to see the final product and reviews later on. Though I'm not 100% convinced that 3L less volume (and thus more heat) are worth the potential $115 premium over something like a Node 202, or RVZ02 (5L less).

I can safely say that's likly that the temperatures in the Node 202 (RVZ02) will be worse (I will make a comparison with it when I have my Sentry with my Node 202) since the Node has bad airlow in general.

Furthermore the advantage that a real SFF build like the Sentry has is that it's so small that there is nearly no room for air that would heat up by time, the fans (GPU or CPU) can pull the air directly from the outside of the case since they're mounted just a few milimeters from the exterior wall. The temps may not the very best compared to all cases in the verse but they wouldn't get worser by the time.

In my Node 202 my R9 Nano for example heat up the GPU chamber where it's sit very quickly and than it have to reuse it's preheated air over and over again. But thats not the actual problem, the point is you can't mount any exhaust fan, just 2x120mm intake fans. So you will have hot areas in the Node 202 no matter what, you cant create a real "flow" the Node 202 has just a heat exhaust by preasure design (well I made some ghetto shrouds made out of cardboard which improved my Nano temps at least by 7°C but it's still a case with bad exhaust). You also have to use a top-blower CPU fan which brings cool air from the outside and even cools a bit of the board but since there isn't a real exhaust and the vents for exhaust are very small it heat up inside. 

The downside is of couse for the Sentry that the is more or less no way to improve the airflow since you can't mount any case fans, In the Node you can at least play with custom shrouds and mount good 120 mm fans.

If that's worth a premium or not depends on you, for me it's the kinda thick steel case which will feel more robust and the powder coating together with a sleeker look which coe this the over all smaller measurements.

I also feel that there isn't a real "pricing premium" for the Dr. Zaber guys (sure form a consumer price point it definitely is), to manufacture in small item counts is always pricy and this thing is build out of higher quality components than the Node.

Woo, Indiegogo first time didnt like my cc so i had to reenter it, went from like first 10 to first 100 real quick lol

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

1 minute ago, ZombiPL said:

Minimal goal reached in 11 minutes... thanks guys :)

The fun part? You're totally smashing Dan's presales. ;p

You're welcome.

Now lets just pray that there aren't any hiccups. I've waited a long time for this and just spent a lot of money. But I cant think of a better campaign to back.... unless there's one for a $1 cure for cancer

Order number 6 here, anyone got any higher than that? ;)

2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

I kind of wanted 76, since it's my favorite number but also kind of forgot about it. And since I doubt the cases will actually be numbered, I don't mind. My order ID is 37 :)

I really wanted 42, I just ordered as fast as I could, But it was stuck on the order page, I assume a problem with my card, so I just reloaded and typed again late. :(

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

54 minutes ago, ZombiPL said:

Minimal goal reached in 11 minutes... thanks guys :)

Also more like 7 minutes since the page wasn't up for at least 5 minutes ;)

33 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

I kind of wanted 76, since it's my favorite number but also kind of forgot about it. And since I doubt the cases will actually be numbered, I don't mind. My order ID is 37 :)

Dang, I almost said I'd swap number plates with you, but then I double checked and I have 74. Sorry.

(Also, when I started ordering, there were only 10 backers placed - good grief!)

SOOOO excited. Just ordered one of each for the first batch. For only being literally less than a minute late, I can't believe I was behind so many thousands of dollars.. nice!  I'm so happy this project is succeeding! :D Once the campaign ends (it says in one month, correct?) how long can we expect until they ship? also how long will shipping to the US take? 

Thank you guys!

2 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

Once the campaign ends (it says in one month, correct?) how long can we expect until they ship? also how long will shipping to the US take? 

Here You have a timeline from Indiegogo campaign, with predictions when, which, what:

khhqcsrcuw6fp6lsbjwq.png

We do not know how long will take the shipment to the USA, because it is the first time we will be sending something there. You will get your tracking number, so you will be able to track it during whole trip. The very nice price for shipment suggests this package won't be the fastest one :)

Hi Zaber guys,

I think I remember reading earlier that if you were one of the first to purchase the sentry and the indiegogo went well that it was possible we could receive the product a little earlier? As someone who could be moving abroad in April it'd be great to cross my fingers and hope that this could work out and I could take my now 'portable' PC away with me :P

16 minutes ago, flukey said:

Hi Zaber guys,

I think I remember reading earlier that if you were one of the first to purchase the sentry and the indiegogo went well that it was possible we could receive the product a little earlier? As someone who could be moving abroad in April it'd be great to cross my fingers and hope that this could work out and I could take my now 'portable' PC away with me :P

It looks like this:

1. The campaign finishes.

2. We are ordering parts for a batch of SENTRYs (for example 1000 pcs).

3. We are assembling smaller batches of SENTRYs (for example 100 pcs), and we are sending them to backers, according the time of their contribution. 

It means, we won't be waiting for full 1000 assembled units, but we will be sending packages as soon as we will assemble a smaller batch of 100 units. If you made your order earlier, then your Sentry will be sent earlier, according to the table which we will get from indiegogo. 

1 hour ago, ZombiPL said:

It looks like this:

1. The campaign finishes.

2. We are ordering parts for a batch of SENTRYs (for example 1000 pcs).

3. We are assembling smaller batches of SENTRYs (for example 100 pcs), and we are sending them to backers, according the time of their contribution. 

It means, we won't be waiting for full 1000 assembled units, but we will be sending packages as soon as we will assemble a smaller batch of 100 units. If you made your order earlier, then your Sentry will be sent earlier, according to the table which we will get from indiegogo. 

As #6 I'm glad I jumped in early then! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well and wishing you guys every success. The level of communication and detail you've provided throughout is really appreciated even if it's not always said!

3 hours ago, flukey said:

As #6 I'm glad I jumped in early then! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well and wishing you guys every success. The level of communication and detail you've provided throughout is really appreciated even if it's not always said!

Lucky bastard. :P

There had only been 10 completed orders by the time I hit my button, but because I had to enter my info rather than already be logged in, there were 63 more by the time I completed.

9 hours ago, darksable said:

Lucky bastard. :P

There had only been 10 completed orders by the time I hit my button, but because I had to enter my info rather than already be logged in, there were 63 more by the time I completed.

Same here. Didn't have any card info on file with Indiegogo so that took an extra 90 seconds. By the time it was submitted it went from 10 backers to me being number 51 I think it was. Still glad to be in the first 100.