Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

Fuzzy_Crumpkin

Actually, yes.

But I'm intrigued to hear you explain how a browser IS "==" to an OS.

!= means not equal.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

*Updates to Windows 10* NOOOO! MY POOOOORRRRNNNN! ALL OF MY HORSE FETISH WAS ON THERE!

Hahahaha  :lol:. I laughed harder than I should have at that.

FI3vVTV.jpg

Everyone with floppy  disks:

57813368.jpg

I don't do signatures.

Hahahaha  :lol:. I laughed harder than I should have at that.

FI3vVTV.jpg

Everyone with floppy  disks:

57813368.jpg

OMG  :D  :D I AM DYING RIGHT NOW LOL

CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.5 GHZ CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: Evga GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 CASE: NZXT H440 SSD: Crucial MX100 128 GB HDD: 1 TB WD Blue MOBO: MSI z97 PC MATE FANS: 6x Corsair SP120, 1x Corsair AF140 Monitor: ASUS VN247 PSU: Corsair CX600M RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

Lol  :P

I don't do signatures.

For any self respecting male, dying is no reason not to get it off!

ZskSHhv.jpg

Note: Not a joke about necrophilia, for the one person who wonders.

I don't do signatures.

!= means not equal.

Does it really? My god, I can't believe I've never come across that in all my years of programming.

Anyway, feel free to elaborate on "inb4 browser != OS". In your own time.

"...limitations — including making updates automatic for Windows 10 Home users."

I would like more info on this. I have W7 home atm. Not quiey sure if it means "No updates" or just that we have to check for updates ourselves somehow.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I won't be too bothered about the update thing, i'm sure someone will figure a way to get control of that.

About the rest, don't care. EXEPT THE FLOPPY D:

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Forced updates. Ew. C'mon Microsoft, half of your updates break more than they fix, so the least you can do is give us the option to ignore them. Whether I can afford the licences or not, I guess I'm forced to go 'Pro', because there's sure as hell no way I'm going home.

Hmmm... How do I know what version of win 10 I'll be getting?

That free upgrade from windows 8.1 and 7 give you home version. I'm fairly sure you have to pay separate or extra cost for professional. Unless I missed news.

Windows 7 Home and Windows 8 non-pro gets upgraded to Windows 10 home.

Windows 7 pro and ultimate, and Windows 8/ 8.1 pro gets upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

(There is no ultimate in 10)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/369709-microsoft-reveals-upgrade-paths-to-windows-10/

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Windows 7 Home and Windows 8 non-pro gets upgraded to Windows 10 home.

Windows 7 pro and ultimate, and Windows 8/ 8.1 pro gets upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

(There is no ultimate in 10)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/369709-microsoft-reveals-upgrade-paths-to-windows-10/

I know what upgrades are available for my OS, the point I was making is that I only have 2 Windows 7 Pro licences which isn't enough for the 6 computers in my house currently running Windows. This poses a problem for me because I refuse to let Windows 10 Home into my home if I don't have the ability to disable updates. It's my job to keep all of the computers and networking equipment in my home functional and I find the inability to pick and choose updates on my machines to be a direct threat. Microsoft can give me the ability to maintain my own computers, or I'll find a way around it that they may find to be less than desirable.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

"...limitations — including making updates automatic for Windows 10 Home users."

I would like more info on this. I have W7 home atm. Not quiey sure if it means "No updates" or just that we have to check for updates ourselves somehow.

It actually means the complete opposite. The limitations in this case is the ability for W10 Home users to control the update process. Automatic and non-deferrable updates.

Just about everything mentioned to be removed is irrelevant to me. Never used any of those thing.

Wanna bet the automatic update thing is the first to cause massive outrage?

I hate it when windows starts 1gb updates while I'm trying to do something else bandwidth heavy and then there's those pesky "you need to reboot" pop-ups when I really REALLY REALLY don't need that. "trying to watch a movie are we? well wanna schedule a reboot?" NO I f****n' don't!

Here's hopping the reboot isn't started automatically without user consent as well.

rant over ;)

what the shit? That's like the most retarded thing to do. I'm already annoyed the fuck off with updates on windows 7 spamming every 4 hours for me to reboot. This shit better not auto reboot on me or I'm going to kill kittens.

I kid I love cats

what the shit? That's like the most retarded thing to do. I'm already annoyed the fuck off with updates on windows 7 spamming every 4 hours for me to reboot. This shit better not auto reboot on me or I'm going to kill kittens.

I kid I love cats

You make a great point. And now I realize I am not going to update to W10. I can't afford to have this moronic "feature" reboot my system in the middle of an online exam.

What they could have done:

1. Default setting to automatic update without user input

2. Allow users to turn automatic update.

2534739-7783861403-geniu.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You make a great point. And now I realize I am not going to update to W10. I can't afford to have this moronic "feature" reboot my system in the middle of an online exam.

What they could have done:

1. Default setting to automatic update without user input

2. Allow users to turn automatic update.

2534739-7783861403-geniu.png

Another thing is. let's say an update fuck something up completely, you're aware of that... let me just disable windows update so I dont fuck my pc up... oh, wait...

Another thing is. let's say an update fuck something up completely, you're aware of that... let me just disable windows update so I dont fuck my pc up... oh, wait...

They're claiming that won't happen because of a constant active testing environment.

Not like that hasn't ever fallen through on other things.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Did it say it would reboot your computer immediately, or just automatic download and install?  I have to assume they would still prompt the user for a reboot if that was necessary for update installation. The alternative is more than a little dumb.

And W10 Pro can defer updates, so that's fine.  I'll be getting Pro.  Losing WMC and DVD playback, whatever.  VLC, and I already had to get a program to play my Blu-Rays, and it'll also play DVDs.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Does it really? My god, I can't believe I've never come across that in all my years of programming.

Anyway, feel free to elaborate on "inb4 browser != OS". In your own time.

I put that there because I knew he would try to call me out on comparing an auto updating browser to an auto updating OS. So "inb4 browser != OS" was to acknowledge that I was aware its not an equal comparison.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I put that there because I knew he would try to call me out on comparing an auto updating browser to an auto updating OS. So "inb4 browser != OS" was to acknowledge that I was aware its not an equal comparison.

So what was the point?

The automatic updates sounds like a major disaster for corporate laptops. 

It won't affect them. Its only for Windows 10 Home edition.

Are you joking? Forced updates? F*** off Microsoft. You WILL break things in future builds and that will make it impossible to wait to update until a non broken version comes out. So if you release a broken update it could wreck peoples ability to use their computers entirely until an update fixes it. "Sigh" Microsoft why you so shit sometimes......

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Looks like you didn't read the article.