Corsair to introduce new 'Strafe' keyboard

Go to solution Solved by C0LL0SS0S,

Ah well, just go RGB :D any color you want. Different design though somewhat.

I really would like to get the RGB but its so expensive, and for my first mechanical keyboard its too much. I like the K series design more though

Computex may be starting tomorrow, but Corsair is already opening the curtains on its new "Strafe" mechanical gaming keyboard. This is a more budget-oriented approach to a mechanical gaming keyboard compared to what Corsair has been working on over the past year or so, but don't let that make you think that this is "cheap."

The keyboard follows the same design cues as Corsair's Vengeance series (which has become "Corsair Gaming") keyboards, but it takes a small step back to basics. It still comes with the great Cherry MX mechanical keys, along with the floating key design and aluminum body. A couple of changes have been made in that the Corsair logo has been moved, and the media keys are shaped a little differently than before.

The biggest step back that Corsair takes with this keyboard is the backlighting (pun intended). Rather than full-fledged RGB backlighting, the board only comes with Red LED-backlighting. Not all keys have to be lit, however, and various effects are available; Corsair will provide six standard effects, and users will be able to create and share more lighting effects through Corsair's CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) software.

In the CUE software, users will also be able to assign and adjust macros for all of the keys. Additionally, the keyboard also has a 100 percent anti-ghosting algorithm built in, with a 104-key rollover, allowing you to press every key on the board without causing ghosting issues.

Corsair also equipped the keyboard with a USB-passthrough port, and some of the keys are contoured with a special texture to enhance FPS and MOBA gaming.

Pricing for the keyboard sits at $109.99, which as we mentioned isn't exactly what we'd call cheap. Even so, considering that the only thing this keyboard is missing compared to its hardcore competition (RGB mechanical keyboards), the price point isn't far from what we'd expect.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-strafe-mechanical-gaming-keyboard,29212.html

strafe_w_600.png

I quite like this new keyboard, it looks pretty damn sleek, the letters look nice, the style I mean.

It will also work like the RGB keyboards with the software, but it only has red lighting, you can make different lighting effects though instead of just static lighting.

It also has a USB port which people missed on the RGB line.

see also: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378157-corsair-to-introduce-new-strafe-keyboard/?p=5110504

why red, I don't get it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

It looks sexy, but no media keys ruin it. Also, is it still an aluminum frame, like the K70?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Red switches suck ass.

I said it.

While I agree that reds are awful, it also comes in browns.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

why red, I don't get it

Red switches suck ass.

I said it.

Ehhh, it has red lighting, nowhere did it say it came only with red switches.

Remove the grey AWSD keys and the thing will be perfect.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It looks sexy, but no media keys ruin it. Also, is it still an aluminum frame, like the K70?

Yes, and the media keys are still there, just different.

It's corsair. When they say

enhance FPS and MOBA gaming

it's probably hinting at reds

Yes, and the media keys are still there, just different.

I mean they're there, but they aren't dedicated. I hate function keys.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

It's corsair. When they say

it's probably hinting at reds

Pretty sure it will come In Browns too, but we will see.

I mean they're there, but they aren't dedicated. I hate function keys.

I think there are dedicated keys :P right upper corner.

It comes with either brown or red, but the lightning is the problem, otherwise I would have bought that

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

I think there are dedicated keys :P right upper corner.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/strafeNope, Windows lock key, and brightness.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

It comes with either brown or red, but the lightning is the problem, otherwise I would have bought that

I really would like to get the RGB but its so expensive, and for my first mechanical keyboard its too much. I like the K series design more though

Ooh... Okay,

But, hey at least they brought the old logo back xD

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

But, hey at least they brought the old logo back xD

Or maybe it will be the new logo (not the tramp stamp but the new-new one)

Ah well, it's your call. :P

Looks cool but... After my experience with the k70 rgb.... no thx pls.

why red, I don't get it

Reds for the edgy, new, transitioning gamers. 

I thought this was common knowledge. hur hur

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III