World’s first ATM with facial recognition is unveiled in China

Aniallation

Source: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/the-worlds-first-atm-with-facial-recognition-technology-is-unveiled-to-the-public-in-china/

Considering how easy PIN codes are easily known and credit cards stolen nowadays, the technology looks interesting. Wonder how accurate it is.

Facial recognition technology for use in ATMs has been tested for a while now, but China seems to have won the race to roll out the first fully functional version to the general public. On Friday, a team of university and technology company researchers in China introduced an ATM with built-in facial recognition technology, which will ideally reduce the risk of illegal withdrawals

The new ATM, built by a team from Tsinghua University and Tzekwan Technology, is equipped with cameras that capture images of faces and compares them with ID photos for verification, according to Xinhua. The facial recognition measure will be an added layer of identification on top of the traditional password or PIN required to access funds with a card. The ATM will also be linked to banks and local police offices to further bolster security.

Beyond the facial-recognition technology, the new ATM comes with improved counterfeit bill recognition and high-speed bank note handling, according to South China Morning Post. While other ATMs in China rely on imported technology, this version is completely Chinese. It’s also the first independently produced ATM in the country.

"Rawr XD"

Is it just me or does the video look like it was made in 2009?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

new tech but the video looks like it was recorded in the 90s

@Agazed holy crap ninja'd  :ph34r:

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

A joke about easy to "hack" came to my mind. But i rather not say it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Uh, what if I have a picture on a A4 paper of whoever owns the card?

Or a mask..

Look at microsofts sign in with camera, its tamper proof,doesnt work with any photo i forgot how it scans,uses infrared and probabil some 3d sensors if detects plane wont work,unless you make a realistic mask of the person you try to steal from,you need a copy of its credit card and amazing disguise makeup,i think its a bit absurd thieves can get that good,but someone will try probably, still easier for them to steal than work for 8$/hour, or in my country <1$ /hour xD.

Uh, what if I have a picture on a A4 paper of whoever owns the card?

Or a mask..

Well, i didn't read the thing,but usually it's not like windows recognition ;) 

It can have multiple cameras for depth perception therefore skanning if it is real person OR just an image e.t.c.

Also long range of biometric algorithms is in place.  

Only thing i wonder is.

"Facial recognition ....... in China "  .. that must be some kind of master algorithm.

So if you have a twin they can steal money from you? Hmmm

And I'm officially never using a bank again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And I'm officially never using a bank again.

They already have your pics so what's the matter this time ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They already have your pics so what's the matter this time ?

That's a good point I hadn't considered.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs