Nvidia brings GameWorks to Android. Supports non Nvidia chips

AlexGoesHigh

I'm totally confused. ATI sells Adreno (Imageon) graphics to Qualcomm and sells Radeon graphics to AMD. Nvidia brings Gameworks to Adreno graphics, but does everything they can to prohibit Gameworks from working with Radeon.

Seriously... Bizarro take me now...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Umm you were the first person in this thread to mention AMD...................

Right, but can you pin point where I mentioned AMD in a way that would spark a debate? I stated AMD opens their code (non arguable in the context I used). I also mentioned TressFX when I stated both GameWorks and TressFX aren't the only two physics engines on the planet.

Right, but can you pin point where I mentioned AMD in a way that would spark a debate? I stated AMD opens their code (non arguable in the context I used). I also mentioned TressFX when I stated both GameWorks and TressFX aren't the only two physics engines on the planet.

GameWorks is the worst thing the industry has seen in years. Historically speaking (AMD still does this) any time advancement is made in graphics via api/software optimization like TressFX the companies will let the world benefit and release the code. That way all developers and consumers can benefit. Nvidia will soon face the dilemma of opening the framework or suffer the same fate that Glide did for Voodoo.

Seems pretty obvious.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Seems pretty obvious.

That was one of the first posts in the thread and you're the first and only to pick it out as if it's some kind of biased statement. Sorry but no, open code rules over everything else regardless of what it is and who made it.

I'm totally confused. ATI sells Adreno (Imageon) graphics to Qualcomm and sells Radeon graphics to AMD. Nvidia brings Gameworks to Adreno graphics, but does everything they can to prohibit Gameworks from working with Radeon.

Seriously... Bizarro take me now...

Obviously they want to tank non-Nvidia chip performance to pave way for the pitiful K1/X1. /s

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Obviously they want to tank non-Nvidia chip performance to pave way for the pitiful K1/X1. /s

Nvidia allowing competitors in the mobile space to run proprietary software, and then program the software to run sub-optimal on competitor's hardware.... that would be all kinds of evil (Darth Vader levels of evil).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Hopefully your phone doesn't use AMD :P

Sucks for future mediatek chips

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ya ain't no fanboy, you're just on nvidia side. 

So you admit that they post anti AMD stuff? 

And why is your past purchase relevant? Just because you spent money on AMD? So what? 

It is as clear as daylight that you're on Nvidia's side on all of the arguements...

Well, I'm not on Nvidia's side, It just looks that way because I'm against Bullshit and I am against people who outright make claims that are wrong (it just happens to be opcode, bogus and notional all the time). The thing here is, like I pointed out on the first page, a certain few members post thread derailing nvidia hate or blatantly wrong information and then continue the flame war by accusing either myself or others who are trying to remain rational as uneducated fanboys.  This is what I post against, if they where Intel fanboys saying the same thing you'd be saying I was on AMD's side, because I am fighting against ignorant members, not for the company they hate.   I am happy for you to search my post history, because I don't think you'll find a single post where I have said someone is wrong for not liking Nvidia, but I have said they are wrong for posting something that is not true. 

You'll also find I link relevant supporting articles to posts where and when necessary.   This is not conducive to a good forum and basically leaves any one who is new to tech scratching their.  Or believing a fanboy fallacy as the truth of the matter.

How can my purchase history not be relevant?  Please explain how it is irrelevant.  To me and many other forum users it is tangible evidence that I have no averse feelings toward AMD. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well, I'm not on Nvidia's side, It just looks that way because I'm against Bullshit and I am against people who outright make claims that are wrong (it just happens to be opcode, bogus and notional all the time). The thing here is, like I pointed out on the first page, a certain few members post thread derailing nvidia hate or blatantly wrong information and then continue the flame war by accusing either myself or others who are trying to remain rational as uneducated fanboys.  This is what I post against, if they where Intel fanboys saying the same thing you'd be saying I was on AMD's side, because I am fighting against ignorant members, not for the company they hate.   I am happy for you to search my post history, because I don't think you'll find a single post where I have said someone is wrong for not liking Nvidia, but I have said they are wrong for posting something that is not true. 

Oh don't mentioned it, the name mr moose turns up in many threads that I've read in the past few days. I'm happy too that you've taken the time to respond to my post, no one from the red team has responded to me :B

You'll also find I link relevant supporting articles to posts where and when necessary.   This is not conducive to a good forum and basically leaves any one who is new to tech scratching their.  Or believing a fanboy fallacy as the truth of the matter.

Great! We need more of that linking to source thing. What's not conducive is the constant bashing going on in BOTH Nvidia and AMD threads.

How can my purchase history not be relevant?  Please explain how it is irrelevant.  To me and many other forum users it is tangible evidence that I have no averse feelings toward AMD. 

It's very easy to claim that you've bought something and therefore have no bias. But maybe like you've said above, source pls?  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

-snip- this.

Nice. I never use my cell phone for games but someone will have to let me know if they like this.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Oh don't mentioned it, the name mr moose turns up in many threads that I've read in the past few days. I'm happy too that you've taken the time to respond to my post, no one from the red team has responded to me :B

Great! We need more of that linking to source thing. What's not conducive is the constant bashing going on in BOTH Nvidia and AMD threads.

It's very easy to claim that you've bought something and therefore have no bias. But maybe like you've said above, source pls?  :lol:

IMAG0142.jpg

You'll also find it in this thread:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/347666-the-evoltuion-of-my-sons-first-gaming-pc/

I'm all about the supporting docs,  it's fine to have an opinion, but if anyone want to make that opinion sound like a fact then I want to see evidence.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Don't get heated calling out my name because I have to help you get your facts straight literally all the time. There's a group of you users on here that should be disclosed that's known for being just straight out ignorant once it becomes apparently a competition of wits.

Don't get heated calling out my name because I have to help you get your facts straight literally all the time. There's a group of you users on here that should be disclosed that's known for being just straight out ignorant once it becomes apparently a competition of wits.

I don't need assistance from you for that, I use respected reviewers and commentators from across the net for my facts.

Random posts on internet forums don't constitute facts, however articles from PCper, Jays, Barnecules, Anandtech, et al. do.

EDIT: Not that I think they are infallible but when they are wrong they usually admit it or update there articles.

<snip>

You'll also find it in this thread:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/347666-the-evoltuion-of-my-sons-first-gaming-pc/

I'm all about the supporting docs,  it's fine to have an opinion, but if anyone want to make that opinion sound like a fact then I want to see evidence.

306377_400x320.jpg

Proof of purchase? Checked. 

Proof of being unbiased? Eh...

But you don't have to waste your time on telling me how unbiased anyone is just because of a purchase anymore. 

I understand the point you're making but for anyone else claiming that they're not bias just because they've spent money.... I'd think twice. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I don't need assistance from you for that, I use respected reviewers and commentators from across the net for my facts.

Random posts on internet forums don't constitute facts, however articles from PCper, Jays, Barnecules, Anandtech, et al. do.

The way I see it either you know what you're talking about or you don't. Even random sources on the web tend to be wrong half of the time. The best philosophy for communities such as this is to never open your mouth unless you're certain that you know what you're talking about. People can throw sources left and right in their defense and as much as they want although regardless of how many sources you can accumulate a factual post can never be proven wrong.

snip

Proof of purchase? Checked. 

Proof of being unbiased? Eh...

snip

Well, you could always check my post history in the build planning sub,  I think I have recommended something like 5 AMD cards to one Nvidia,  all of those recommendations where based on the OP's need and budget, if that doesn't constitute being unbiased then I don't know what does.

snip...

regardless of how many sources you can accumulate a factual post can never be proven wrong.

This is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling LALALALALALALALA!

Especially when those sources all show a post isn't factual.

This is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling LALALALALALALALA!

Especially when those sources all show a post isn't factual.

In this environment it kind of is due to the simple fact that people are free to post at will.

You know how many times sources are proven wrong? Quite often. Sources are about as credible as people here on the forum.

In this environment it kind of is due to the simple fact that people are free to post at will.

You know how many times sources are proven wrong? Quite often. Sources are about as credible as people here on the forum.

Have you ever thought... just for a second... that you might be wrong?

Have you ever thought... just for a second... that you might be wrong?

There's no might in any situation as either you're right or wrong. There is no in between.

Is that how you sleep at night when you don't like what they reporting?   Just pretend they are likely wrong?

Thanks but I'll leave you to discredit whatever makes you feel better while I'll stick to the critical analysis of multiple sources. 

Is that how you sleep at night when you don't like what they reporting?   Just pretend they are likely wrong?

Thanks but I'll leave you to discredit whatever makes you feel better while I'll stick to the critical analysis of multiple sources. 

Who? You? You being wrong doesn't impact how I sleep.

Then I would say have fun regurgitating what's already known by the public. You see how that works?

Makes sense, cus you know, nVidia shield

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I'm not surprised that you managed to not answer the question.

You have to have a point of reference. Where am I wrong?

Who? You? You being wrong doesn't impact how I sleep.

Then I would say have fun regurgitating what's already known by the public. You see how that works?

This is the definitely the equivalent of the schoolyard chant: "I know you are you said you are so what am I".