You’ll need an always-on Internet connection to play the new Need for Speed

need-for-speed-4-970x0.jpg

Last week we saw the first teaser trailer for EA’s upcoming Need for Speed reboot released. While it was hard to see what was really there under all the shaky-cam, it was enough to get people excited about re-visiting the series.

A recent tweet from the official EA Need for Speed account may dampen that excitement level for some people. In response to a question, the company tweeted that “NFS will require an online connection, but the benefits are nice. More variety and a more rewarding experience with friends.”

Op :- http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/need-for-speed-reboot-online-required/

So... Ea hasn't stopped with their bullshit ... ( boy .. These blokes never learn )

While ... I don't mind being connected to the internet all the time .. EVEN THOUGH IM PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER ... I still can't play it when I don't have internet ??

Ahem... EA ... How about you let us decide whether or not we want " More variety and a more rewarding experience with friends.”

Hell... I won't even mind that if this game turns out to be good ..

But .. As " history " suggests ... Ea will probably screw this up ...

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Nah.  This won't cause any gamer outrage at all.  Not. at. all. 

Shit like this is why I still cling to my old consoles and games, just to remind myself of the glory days.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Personally i think it sucks but come on, who has powerful enough computer to crank the game all to the right without having some proper internet

Personally i think it sucks but come on, who has powerful enough computer to crank the game all to the right without having some proper internet

traveling

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if I can build and admire machines like the one on the picture, I wont get mad this time around

if there is a single player...there will be cracks for the game so you can play offline

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Not like people with no Internet at all will buy this game.

Some may be mad but I don't really see the issue.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I dont see why people get mad about the internet thing. I cant remember the last time my PC had power but not internet

I think the issue and gripe people will have is being unable to play if your internet goes down... unless they do have an offline mode.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Nah. This won't cause any gamer outrage at all. Not. at. all.

I don't mind being connected to the internet ...

But .. My point is .. What if I'm out of town and don't have a stable internet ?

So.. I can't play a game that I paid for ??..

And .. Why doesn't ea let US decide whether we want the " experience " or not...

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

I don't mind being connected to the internet ...

But .. My point is .. What if I'm out of town and don't have a stable internet ?

So.. I can't play a game that I paid for ??..

And .. Why doesn't ea let US decide whether we want the " experience " or not...

I hear ya.  Mandatory internet connection if there is a single player component never made sense to me either.

Not like people with no Internet at all will buy this game.

Some may be mad but I don't really see the issue.

Some people don't have 100% consistent internet, so being kicked out of the game whenever their internet fluctuates is a dealbreaker. Also, it means that if EA ever shuts the servers for the game down, it becomes unplayable. If EA has server problems, you can't play the game. 

EA being EA. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

oh dear

I dont see why people get mad about the internet thing. I cant remember the last time my PC had power but not internet

I have had to face no Internet situations a couple of times over the years and have had to play games in offline mode, which I did without a problem.

This is not really acceptable for single player games. We can deal with verification via Internet on install, but once that is done I don't see why they need to keep phoning home.

I will not pretend that this is a major inconvenience. I guess we just want to know that we can play in offline mode in case something happens to our Internet. Also this introduces one more element which complicates things, one more thing which can fail. Making things complicated is never good as we saw with sim city. The more dependencies you have the chances are that something will go wrong particularly on launch.

Cool, this is going to be Simcity all over again.

<_<

I've usually only played NFS on my laptop as a small easy to go game, and obviously 95% of the time i don't have an internet connection, and 99.99% of the times it's not stable enough to connect with any kind of server.

EA has started digging for deeper minerals!

When in doubt: C4

oh dear

I have had to face no Internet situations a couple of times over the years and have had to play games in offline mode, which I did without a problem.

This is not really acceptable for single player games. We can deal with verification via Internet on install, but once that is done I don't see why they need to keep phoning home.

I guess it really depends on what we gain by always online. if it means I dont have to worry about hackers, and people can just drop into my game instantly and seamlessly that would be great. Im sure there has to be a reason that its always online, otherwise they wouldnt do this.

we will see I guess

I think your all forgetting what happened with Sim City.

Because EAs server infrastructure was so bad even people who had internet could not play. Always on games are just bad, it removes control from the user.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well, there goes my money, right out of EA's wallet and back into mine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No Internet Situation: Travelling, When internet is failing (whether it be ISP/router/computer problem)

Concerns: Server down, Possible data collection from user, Wasting bandwidth

I'd be mad if we had to get onto the internet just to get onto the computer, since not everything on my computer needs the internet to function. Similar case for if software didn't run just because internet was not available, yet it doesn't use it.

Ubishit did it with The Crew and it was fine by me.

This doesnt change anything for me really. But more and more games do this shit. One day if your internet goes down due to some maintenance on your street for few days at most u are absolutely going to be fucked because there won't be a single game that could be played offline.

That's the worst case scenario for bored, no friends people.

Everything is just getting worse as time goes by. Not only in gaming industry but generally in the world :/

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

And. There. We. Go.

EA wants to reboot a popular series, but with this it will lose it's popularity quickly.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

well if u live in any shitty country like usa, the down under, u might have data caps or/and dropouts alot like me

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4