Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to support DirectX 12 and TressFX 3.0

source:http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/deus_ex_mankind_divided_confirmed_to_support_directx_12_and_tressfx_3_0/1

ZQ43HhA.png

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the death of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has created a huge divide between those who have augmentations, and those who do not. Amongst this emotional turmoil are various factions looking to manipulate the public by twisting public opinion of augmentation to further their own agenda and hide the truth of what really happened.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided also continues the story of Adam Jensen, a former biotech company security chief turned super-augmented, anti-terrorist agent playing by his own rules. Jensen has been empowered with all new augmentations, enabling him and the player a greater sense of self-control as they explore all new locations in-game. As social and political tensions reach a major turning point, Jensen and conspiracies surrounding the Illuminati continue toward an inevitable crossroads … and possibly, an epic showdown.

29081001504l.jpg

10115715388l.jpg

10115740908l.jpg

10115740992l.jpg

---

hello there! so .. MicroSoft, where's Windows 10?

I looked for a press release from EIDOS and/or Square Enix, can't find one atm, will update this post once I find it

This post has been promoted to an article

Heard that the performance hit in tressfx 3 is a lot less, which is good news for all gamers (nvidia and AMD).

Will this be the first PC directX 12 game?

Alright AMD, throw in some particle effects feature and it'll be good. 

Is Deus EX gonna be open world now that they've showed different LOD effects? Or maybe there will be scenes with hundreds of NPCs.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Heard that the performance hit in tressfx 3 is a lot less, which is good news for all gamers (nvidia and AMD).

AAA? Most likely. A more modest title, an indie type of game might launch sooner than DX:MD

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

We've come a long way since this was state of the art.

I never used TressFX in Tomb Raider, but everything I've seen shows it as better performance wise than Hairworks, and looks better now. I hope it gets some good traction.

I would really like if the Witcher 3 could get an update to use TressFX or Hairworks.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

what tressfx?! amd deliberately cripples nvidia!

Mind you, Nvidia did blame AMD for poor performance with tomb raider, and then fixed it afterwards saying it was their fault... Then in the hairworks scenario, AMD has found a way to use the hairworks by overriding the tesselation to something lower and less demanding... Makes more sense since its apparently a hardware problem that the cards can't perform high tesselation.

I really doubt that this will be a true DirectX 12 game. I assume it may be able to run in DirectX 12, but most likely won't take advantage of all of its features. Though, only time will tell us.

brace%20yourself.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

tressfx code is open, nvidia can go through it and see if something is wrong and optimize it.

not really the case of hairworks, so the sarcastic comment is so misplaced.

Fanboy war

I say bring it on! I want more options and competition. :D

I want to see the sweat drip of characters' hair after a hard fight, and I want proper newtonian physics to affect it and the sweat. AMD, NV, gimme that without the extra crap in the code that slows down some cards. Make that framebuffer work, cache the extras. Use CUDA, and OpenCL for it all as well.

Nice to know new DirectX is already getting embraced for new titles. Can't wait for Deus Ex Mankind Divided I love the series :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I say bring it on! I want more options and competition. :D

-snip

DrMuPop.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

By using Tech that runs on OpenCL and has publicly available source code? OpenCL is support on all NV cards and with source code NV can and has got it working just as good as on AMD hardware.  

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

By using Tech that runs on OpenCL and has publicly available source code? OpenCL is support on all NV cards and with source code NV can and has got it working just as good as on AMD hardware.  

At the moment Maxwell actually has better OpenCL performance than AMD's offerings, for the first time ever. So TressFX should be brilliant on current cards if NVIDIA get the drivers sorted.

At the moment Maxwell actually has better OpenCL performance than AMD's offerings, for the first time ever. So TressFX should be brilliant on current cards if NVIDIA get the drivers sorted.

Really? Very nice. I'd imagine the R300 series will address that, but thats good for NV. I'd imagine Apples big push with AMD GPU's driving OpenCL forward is probably a good motivator to sort out poor OpenCL performance.  

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

there's also that fable game that should come soon, not sure when it does but i think it will most likely come out first that this

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

HR is one of my favourite games of this decade, hopefully my 280 can run this game w/o a problem. Have high expectations for this, please don't f it SE.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Am I the only one that finds all these "realistic" hair physics things to look bad?

TressFX and Nvidia Hair works looks horrible to me, I turn those features off because I find they look bad. Guess its a plus for me as I get no added performance hit.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I actually read the title in the sense of that they were developer where divided between DirectX 12 and TressFX. :P

this will be probably the first AAA game , there is also a cool strategy game going Beta this summer

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I have the feeling they'll show this off in the PC E3 conference.
This year will be exiting with the first DX12 games coming out.

RTX2070OC