[UPDATED]Cryorig coming out with hybrid water cooling soon

Agent181

Update 6/3/15 Here are some pics of the hybrid cooler that was announced a while back

cryorig-hybrid.jpg

The-A-Series-of-Hybrid-Liquid-Coolers-is

20150602_03_w_600.jpg

Water coolers typically don't generate any airflow around the CPU socket, leaving the VRMs and memory to rely on ambient airflow within the chassis. Cryorig's A Series hybrid is different, though. Its water block has an angled 70-mm fan that can be configured to blow toward or away from different regions of the socket.

The PWM-based spinner can scale up to 3,000 RPM, and speeds are adjusted "intelligently" based on the CPU temperature. But it's unclear whether the fan control logic can be tweaked—or if the fan can be plugged into a motherboard header.  At the very least, the approach seems to work. Check out the following thermal imagery, which is likely a worst-case scenario with minimal ambient airflow.

Cryorig's hybrid lineup includes three models to start, all of which have double-length radiators. The A40 straps dual 120-mm fans to a 1"-thick radiator, while the A40 Ultimate uses a beefier 1.5" unit. Larger 140-mm fans can be found on the A80, whose heat-exchanger lacks Ultimate girth. Expect to see all of them for sale this summer.-tech report Geoff Gasior

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://youtu.be/ZyF37Z1pqfY

This is a preview from their youtube channel from a thermal imaging camera.

I'm really looking forward to this, all you see now are asatek rebrands for water coolers. Maybe this hybrid cooler can be better than the 240x, cm seidon or the x61.

Source: The Tech Report

Yayyyyy cryorig :D

I hope they really become a 'thing' soon. Idk why, I just like cryorig a lot, don't even have any of their products

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I am really starting to like Cryorig. They've been releasing some great stuff lately.

Weird that I've never heard of them a year ago.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Very interesting...

I wonder when actual photos of it will be released. (That way we can tell what it looks like :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Umm don't we have this hybrid solutions already, commonly known as decent fucking cases with good fans and airflow?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Umm don't we have this hybrid solutions already, commonly known as decent fucking cases with good fans and airflow?

Nope. I want hybrid water cooling so I can have no case fans like a man would. 

I have to call BS on that video. How is the cooler in the middle, changing the thermal output of the bits around the CPU socket that it isn't touching?

Doesn't make sense.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Love the idea. Cooling solutions have always interested me a great deal.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I wonder if what we are seeing is the more effective cooling minimizing heat soak across the motherboard?

Def need more details though.

welp not gonna be my new cpu cooler after all :(

Pretty nice for overclocking if the loop offers excellent performance and if you aim that fan at the VRM.

I have to call BS on that video. How is the cooler in the middle, changing the thermal output of the bits around the CPU socket that it isn't touching?

Doesn't make sense.

The fan on top is angled. It blows down around the pump and there cools stuff around the pump... Rocket sciene, i know..

The fan on top is angled. It blows down around the pump and there cools stuff around the pump... Rocket sciene, i know..

That comment was made before op updated the thread with pictures, the more you know...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hmm.... I don't know how i feel about this :S I think i wish the fan was gone because i like the block/pump design, does anyone know if you can remove the fan?

So the point of AIO cooling to me is to allow you to run larger fans and spin slower because you are using the liquid to pull heat away from the block. This improves cooling as well as reduces fan noise..

So why would i put a 70mm fan on top, to cool things that i have never heard of someone ever having an issue with cooling with AIOs.

Are you really telling me Cryorig that if i use an AIO on my cpu that my mosfets are going to melt through the board or something? Sure they might run hotter but its not like its outside of the design specifications.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Just because you haven't  ran into any trouble yet, doesn't mean it's not there.

I think this is a good solution for AMD rigs(yeah I know). Most OCers on AM3+ would stick some 40mm-50mm fans on the VRM rad to cool it. 

Mine is still ok, my hand-o-thermometer says that it's about 65-70 degrees during load, which isn't too high, but it's not too good either, I might switch to that when it comes out.

And yeah, it's as you say, the part with " they might run hotter but its not like its outside of the design specifications." but you know, there are some people(like myself) obsessed with low temps. I heard people having no trouble running FXs at 65-70 degrees and mine barely passes 50 degrees and still I'm kinda worried. So...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Tiny fan no no purpose other than to ever so slightly cool ram? Um...

Its a proper hybrid when when there are both find stacks and a loop, until then it's a aio with.a fan

- snip-

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Not impressed. By hybrid I thought it would be like an Asus Poseidon where it was liquid cooling on top of a full air cooler.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi