more 3xx series rebrand rumors - pulled from Catalyst driver

source: http://videocardz.com/55659/leaked-driver-confirms-hawaii-rebrands-in-radeon-300-series

cfb5fpS.png

so, it appears that Fiji(XT) will be indeed it's own thing, not tied to the 3xx series of rebrands

----

also, ASUS "confirms" 390X will have 8GB of VRAM: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-390x-hawaii-8-gb-gddr5-spotted-radeon-r9-380-tonga-r9-370-pitcairn-rebrands/

• ASUS R9390X-DC2-8GD5
  • ASUS  STRIX-R9380-OC-2GD5
  • ASUS  STRIX-R9370-OC-4GD5
  • ASUS  STRIX-R7360X-DC2OC2-2GD5
  • ASUS  R7360-2GD5

0u7dNPt.png

---

what boggles the mind is why AMD went with rebadging GCN 1.0 chips, a 4y old architecture - are they really that desperate?

wccf is a joke at this point.

wccf is a joke at this point.

"videocardz" reported the same thing.

The salt you guys have for WCCF is amusing. If all the other BS rumours can be posted, WCCFs can too. Until such a time that the mods straight up ban "rumour" posts like these, they are allowed. And OP posts nicer than 99% of you lot, so I don't see the problem. Don't like seeing it, don't click through. 

so wait ur saying that the 290x will be a 390x ?

and the HBM gpus will be a class of it own ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If this true and it will be true, what does the future mean for AMD? I thought the 390(X) would have 4GB HBM but GDDR5?

Did AMD overhyped things?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

That's been reported earlier, so Fiji can counter Titan.

Surprised that 390X skips a 4GB variant, which is nice.

Now whats up with Tonga, does it have a 384 bit bus or not?

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

Hmm, I heard that R9 390X would be 2x2048 SP with 2x4GB HBM memory. (AKA dual GPU config).

what boggles the mind is why AMD went with rebadging GCN 1.0 chips, a 4y old architecture - are they really that desperate?

In terms of performance, the sad thing is that those cards are still very competitive and viable in their price brackets.

The clockspeeds on the 370 seem out of whack

975/1400 is slightly slower than the 270x and only 75 MHz faster than the 270.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

yes, that looks like it

Videocardz is the same load of bullshit lol.

Nor AMD nor Sapphire, have given any details about the new 300 series yet.

Hmm, I heard that R9 390X would be 2x2048 SP with 2x4GB HBM memory. (AKA dual GPU config).

Rumor started by fudzilla, because of a crossfire VR demonstration.

A simpler reason would be just 2 cards in the system

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

In terms of performance, the sad thing is that those cards are still very competitive and viable in their price brackets.

~2y ago I would've agreed with you; but today I doubt they can play games like Project Cars or TW3 at 1080p with 30FPS - and things will get worse from now on, not better

some things just need to be taken into the woods, never to return

one other very big problem with GCN 1.0 is the lack of FreeSync support; Bonaire, that's just bellow it, has it

Rumor started by fudzilla, because of a crossfire VR demonstration.

A simpler reason would be just 2 cards in the system

I know.

But it explains much more than this. The price of $850 for a card selling as low as $300 ( + 8 GB of HBM memory).

Also it solves the 4GB limit problems.

I think we have reached the point when we should stop listening to the rumours

why?

The Radeon 3XX series will be a rebranded, downgraded, OEM only, and will include the 390X that willbe a R9 290X. 

guys, do you REALLY think, that AMD would just rename the whole series of cards by adding +100 to them, with tiny changes, when there is Maxwell?

For the OEM part, this list clearly shows what happened at 8XXX series, they were the same as 7XXX but with a larger number

Of course, WCCF and videocardz report them, because you clock on them and give them revenue

Most likely:

R9-3xx?  Bermuda XTX dual Fiji gpu´s.

R9-390X > Fiji XT

R9-390   > Fiji pro

380X Grenade > Hawai rebrand

380   Grenade > Hawai rebrand

370X Tonga

360X pitcaim.

This is what i have seen in a German article a while back.

And i still believe its the most logical and accurate.

BUt we will see what it turns out to be wenn they are launched.

Take all those rumor websites like videocardz, wccftech and all that garbage just with a big grain of salt.

They just post clickbait.

guys, do you REALLY think, that AMD would just rename the whole series of cards by adding +100 to them, with tiny changes, when there is Maxwell?

yes, I actually do - I will bet a cigar for it

if it needed more proving, AMD has proven time and time again they're not very bright

Hmmm, so what will the new top GPU be named...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

yes, I actually do - I will bet a cigar for it

Does it include shipping?

I know.

But it explains much more than this. The price of $850 for a card selling as low as $300 ( + 8 GB of HBM memory).

Also it solves the 4GB limit problems.

Crossfire does not solve the memory limit, it's still 4GB per chip

Most likely:

R9-3xx?  Bermuda XTX dual Fiji gpu´s.

R9-390X > Fiji XT

R9-390   > Fiji pro

380X Grenade > Hawai rebrand

380   Grenade > Hawai rebrand

370X Tonga

360X pitcaim.

This is what i have seen in a German article a while back, with some pcb part no´s

AMD released it's OEM specifications after the analist day. Although that has been suspiciously removed.

In it said the 380 was Tonga.

Crossfire does not solve the memory limit, it's still 4GB per chip

I know. However HSA applications can. (Do they even exist)

IIRC doesn't dx12 have some shared memory pool, so it will be able to use it as 8GB? Farfetched

If this true and it will be true, what does the future mean for AMD? I thought the 390(X) would have 4GB HBM but GDDR5?

Did AMD overhyped things?

The 390(X) is a 290(X) rebrand. Fiji (the HBM chip) will be a "Radeon R9 Titan" above the 390X.

That's a fake rumor, and it's related to Fiji (the new chip). The 390X is a rebrand of Hawaii (290X).

I know. However HSA applications can. (Do they even exist)

IIRC doesn't dx12 have some shared memory pool, so it will be able to use it as 8GB? Farfetched

It's possible, but developers also need to support it.