more 3xx series rebrand rumors - pulled from Catalyst driver

Crossfire does not solve the memory limit, it's still 4GB per chip

AMD released it's OEM specifications after the analist day. Although that has been suspiciously removed.

In it said the 380 was Tonga.

we will see. cause making a 380X Tonga doesnt make any sense atall exaly.

Unless they choose for a diffrent name scheme for their highend new Fiji chip.

But that does not sound very logical to me.

I know. However HSA applications can. (Do they even exist)

IIRC doesn't dx12 have some shared memory pool, so it will be able to use it as 8GB? Farfetched

the problem with that is AMD chose to eliminate the CFX bridge on many of their cards, above GCN 1.0 - means that multi video card setups, excluding dual-GPUs PCB, will have to communicate via PCIe; mind you, AMD still hasn't released new PCIe 3.0 chipsets

Most likely:

R9-3xx?  Bermuda XTX dual Fiji gpu´s.

R9-390X > Fiji XT

R9-390   > Fiji pro

380X Grenade > Hawai rebrand

380   Grenade > Hawai rebrand

370X Tonga

360X pitcaim.

This is what i have seen in a German article a while back.

And i still believe its the most logical and accurate.

BUt we will see what it turns out to be wenn they are launched.

Take all those rumor websites like videocardz, wccftech and all that garbage just with a big grain of salt.

They just post clickbait.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the series is entirely 1:1 rebrands (except Tonga, which is the 380/380X). Fiji and Bermuda will be branded without a number like the Titan.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the series is entirely 1:1 rebrands (except Tonga, which is the 380/380X). Fiji and Bermuda will be branded without a number like the Titan.

proof?

Tonga is allready a year old by the way.

like i said, Nor AMD nor Sapphire has revieled anything.

If you believe clickbait, thats fine, but i dont lol. :)

proof?

Not yet, released in september.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

Not yet, released in september.

yeah but 2014 architecture.

It exaly is just an improved Tahiti architecture, which is more power efficient.

But NOT better.

If that lineup is true.. the only really interesting part is the new R9 380x. That should be significantly faster than a 960, but still cheaper than a 970 or a R9 390.

Nvidia at the moment has a huge performance gap between the 960 and 970. AMD may try to slot the 380x in there.

proof?

If you believe clickbait, thats fine, but i dont lol. :)

It's what every current rumor is pointing to, and it's the only way to explain why the 380 is Tonga (which is confirmed, at least for OEMs).

I know.

But it explains much more than this. The price of $850 for a card selling as low as $300 ( + 8 GB of HBM memory).

Also it solves the 4GB limit problems.

It's not just the old 290x with HBM, it will have 50% more SP going by the rumors and you have to add R&D to all that so in the end I guess it's a fair price when you account for it all.

It exaly is just an improved Tahiti architecture, which is more power efficient.

But NOT better.

At least it's not 4 year old pircairn.

What's up with tonga anyway does it have a 384 bit memory bus or not, and what's its core count uncut?

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

What's up with tonga anyway does it have a 384 bit memory bus or not, and what's its core count uncut?

no 256bit bus

But NOT better.

It has improved tessellation capabilities as well, which is why the 285 is able to beat the 280X in TW3. I'd say it's better.

It's what every current rumor is pointing to, and it's the only way to explain why the 380 is Tonga (which is confirmed, at least for OEMs).

its not confirmed anywhere.

OEMS are most likely the mobile gpu´s.

Not the desktop gpu´s.

Same core count as Tahiti, 256-bit bus.

wrong Tahiti has a 384 bit memory bus.

I think we have reached the point when we should stop listening to the rumours

why?

The Radeon 3XX series will be a rebranded, downgraded, OEM only, and will include the 390X that willbe a R9 290X. 

guys, do you REALLY think, that AMD would just rename the whole series of cards by adding +100 to them, with tiny changes, when there is Maxwell?

For the OEM part, this list clearly shows what happened at 8XXX series, they were the same as 7XXX but with a larger number

Of course, WCCF and videocardz report them, because you clock on them and give them revenue

Yeah, I think we'll see some rebrands but imo there's no way we see pitcairn return to the desktop mid range line up. Maybe on the entry level like the 360.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

But NOT better.

It's better but not that much power efficient as I saw, if at all. For gaming it has better tessellation performance and it has some other improvements regarding video playback and encoding + some other stuff I didn't bother remembering.

It was on AMD's OEM DESKTOP graphics site. It's since been removed, but I saw it with my own eyes. And you seriously think that Tonga would be the M380? Are you on something? You're in denial, kid.

no you just talking BS which you cant obviously backup with any proof.

infact, like i said TONS of times allready.

Nor AMD nor Sapphire have given any details about the new AMD 300 series of GPU´s.

We just have to wait and see what will happen.

no 256bit bus

So it's not a Tahiti upgrade that had an 384, then where do they extra 700 million extra transistor come from?

wrong Tahiti has a 384 bit memory bus.

I worded that poorly. I meant, "same core count as Tahiti, but with a 256-bit bus."

Oh god... An entire series of rebrands... No. No. AMD this is not how you get back onto your game. Waiting all you're Rd on a half card and rebranding everything...

- snip-

no you just talking BS which you cant obviously backup with any proof.

infact, like i said TONS of times allready.

Nor AMD nor Sapphire have given any details about the new AMD 300 series of GPU´s.

I edited my post, but I'll save you the trouble of scrolling up. I was wrong, it's still there. http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/oem

So, ready to face reality yet?

its not confirmed anywhere.

OEMS are most likely the mobile gpu´s.

Not the desktop gpu´s.

They did

d11debc9-68ed-413b-8adf-fba27ce9a921.png

So it's not a Tahiti upgrade that had an 384, then where do they extra 700 million extra transistor come from?

nope its a new designed chip.

to replace the 280 / 7950 that time, and the support for true audio etc.

What i ment, is that Tonga was basicly an upgrade to replace the Tahiti architecture, cause Tahiti wasnt realy power efficient.

But they used it in the 285, but it still performed worse then a 280X.

That we will going to see this chip back in the new 300 series, that one thing for sure.

Tahiti will not be continued.

But rumors are just rumors, and mean totaly nothing to me. :P